Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Cable Channel Lineups Uninspiring

A place to discuss national and regional television and radio programming.
Deleted User 4520

Cable Channel Lineups Uninspiring

Post by Deleted User 4520 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:24 pm

This is something that I have been thinking about for some time. Have you noticed that some cable channels like INSP and LOGO for example show a program in a marathon mode everyday? (Showing the same program several times in a row). I find this type of programming annoying and very unimaginative. Why is this type of programming done? I would rather see a lineup of all different programs rather than going the marathon style. Is it a matter of not caring or unable to attain the broadcast rights to shows or money? I would like a better understanding of this practice. You can only watch Gunsmoke, Big Valley, The Walton's (HATE The Walton's, especially that loud mouth John-Boy), and Little House on the Prairie so many times. What are your thoughts?

stopnswop2

Re: Cable Channel Lineups Uninspiring

Post by stopnswop2 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:16 pm

My guess is that they want to get as much use out of buying broadcast rights as possible.

Still is kinda lame though.

I will admit though when a show I like is on, I love to be able to continue to watch for more than just 30 min

Music is my life.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic