Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Air-1 must not be performing too well...

A place to discuss national and regional television and radio programming.
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Air-1 must not be performing too well...

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:46 pm

In the pre-dawn hours of today (January 1), Air-1 evidently tossed its CCM playlist to the curb and replaced most songs & artists with something known as contemporary worship music.

The prior playlist wasn't exclusively devoted to songs about Jesus or Christianity. There were a few secular songs mixed in. Even many of the spiritual songs sounded like secular songs. There was also a good deal of artist overlap with EMF's big cash generator, K-Love.

The new playlist mainly features songs one might expect to hear during a contemporary church service. I guess that's the best way to describe it. The station's programming sounds less like mainstream radio now, and from a music style standpoint, the new playlist is much narrower than the old one. Air-1 is going to be D.J. free for the first 10,000 songs. When personalities appear, I suspect the banter will be much more "churchy" than before.

I have little opinion as to whether this new direction makes more sense than the old one. My guess is Air-1 had a tiny audience to start with.

Air-1 sounds nothing like it did when it launched in the 90's. Christian Rock and youth-oriented contemporary Christian music is pretty much on life support. Conversely, Christian AC is still faring quite well.

80sTalkRadioFan

Re: Air-1 must not be performing too well...

Post by 80sTalkRadioFan » Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:09 am

Wonder what that means for Yes FM in the Toledo/Lima areas. They were never an affiliate but have a similar playlist to what Air-1 had. Yes FM has been marketing themselves as "Positive Beats" for the last several months.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic