All accepted registrations through July 14 at 7:30a ET have been activated. Thank you! -M.W.

Please note: Terms of Use have been amended effective June 9, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=30571

All user accounts that have been inactive since January 1, 2017 have been expunged. If you are one of these users and wish to submit a new post, please re-register. Thank you.

What Happened To CSI

A place to discuss national and regional television and radio programming.
sfpcc

What Happened To CSI

Post by sfpcc » Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:19 pm

As we all know CBS's Sunday night shows get pushed back by football. Everything was scheduled a half hour ahead of normal, (Sixty Minutes 7:30, Madam Secretary 8:30, The Good Wife, 9:30, CSI 10:30.) However Football ran a half hour over and Sixty Minutes started at 8. I thought CSI would then start at 11. Instead we get a syndicated episode of a first season of Blue Bloods. I guess it will get rescheduled but I'm kind of ticked. Maybe it show up ON Demand, (where I usually watch The Good Wife.)

SoupySez

Re: What Happened To CSI

Post by SoupySez » Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:10 pm

CSI could be on it's last legs, depending on the ratings of course. CBS has cut the amount of episodes this season from 22 to 15, moved it from Wednesday nights to Sunday nights and I think in January, it might be off the schedule in favor of a spinoff of the show starring Patricia Arquette. Can't remember the name of it, but she appeared on an episode last season as some FBI agent with special abilities of some kind in catching criminals.

JackAttack FM

Post by JackAttack FM » Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:29 pm

Sunday night has the largest viewing audiance of the week. And CBS affiliates probably do not want to lose their 11pm (10c) newscast audiance to their competition. Especially when they had no 6pm newscast and The Good Wife is a great newscast lead-in with the non-football crowd that's not watching NBC. Which always has Sunday Night Football running past 11pm.
So CSI just gets dropped in the Eastern and Central markets and CBS figures viewers will see the episodes in the rerun season. A political ad year is probably a factor too.

The Blue Bloods syndicated episode you're seeing is what WWJ-TV is airing instead of an 11pm newscast.

I think Soupy' is right. CBS might be trying to kill off CSI. Its in its 15th season with over 300 episodes and out of the Top 25 shows as far as ratings. Its now getting used as filler on Sunday nights. And its a show that's had a large male viewing audiance now being programmed opposite Sunday Night Football, which is the highest rated football game of the week.

sfpcc

Post by sfpcc » Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:20 pm

The bumped episode is on right now. CBS didn't have a late AFC game so nothing ran over, (I'll catch The Good Wife On Demand as usual.)

Love Pink

Post by Love Pink » Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:15 am

I didn't know CSI was even still on.

sfpcc

Post by sfpcc » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:52 pm

Sam Malone and the Girl from the Adventures In Babysitting are now in charge. Hodges is still a dork and he now flirts with Elizabeth Harnois.) (Wendy Simms /Liz Vassey left awhile ago.) It's still watchable.
Last edited by sfpcc on Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:10 am

I was hoping this thread was about this:

http://www.oldradio.com/archives/hardware/csi.htm

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Love Pink

Post by Love Pink » Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:17 am

sfpcc wrote:Sam Malone and the Girl from the First Karate Kid are now in charge. Hodges is still a dork, (he now flirts with Elizabeth Harnois.) (Wendy Simms [Liz Vassey] left awhile ago.) It's still watchable.
Hodges is the only character from that show I like. Whenever the network decides to pull the plug on the show, I pray that Hodges gets his happily ever after with a beautiful girl who has a dorky side. I want to get Hodges more than just laid. He needs a girl that also really gets him too. Sorry, I'm a romantic.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:18 am

Love Pink wrote: Whenever the network decides to pull the plug on the show....
that could be this year. Its a toss up at best according to a couple different tv sites I read.

testing...testing...1...2...3...4

SoupySez

Post by SoupySez » Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:10 pm

I see George Eads(Nick), is leaving at the end of the season. Won't be too many originals left, if any. Jorja Fox would be the last original from when the show started.

Was it last season or the one before where Jaclyn Smith made some guest appearances as Hodges mother? they had a short storyline arc where it appeared that Hodges and the blonde CSI played by Elizabeth Harnois were going to get together, and Hodges mom and her dad, the boss Eckley were dating. Then they had it where Hodges went on vacation with his mom to Italy and met some gorgeous Italian girl who he was going to marry, but who was just using him to get into the U.S.

sfpcc

Post by sfpcc » Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:12 pm

Last night's episode with the rubber "Women's" suits, (I'm not sure what else to call it) was kind of freaky. If the series is ending maybe Wendy could come back and she and Hodges could get together, (somehow he and Morgan don't seem fated to be with each other.)

Love Pink

Post by Love Pink » Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:22 am

SoupySez wrote:I see George Eads(Nick), is leaving at the end of the season. Won't be too many originals left, if any. Jorja Fox would be the last original from when the show started.
About 2 weeks ago I had read a little blurb about George Eads having been suspended from the show for a short period of time due to fighting with a writer or someone important working behind the scenes. I guess it wasn't physical or anything like that, but enough to cause problems. It's sounding like his ongoing problems with the writers might be part of the reason for his departure.

Honestly, I'm surprised Ead's character has lasted that long on the show because he is so non-essential. Nick was always just there. I watched several seasons of repeats over the years and cannot for the life of me remember Nick having any kind of story arc or much of anything about his personal life. Nick was always just the good guy collecting evidence at crime scenes. All of the other characters have had ongoing story arcs along with periodic moments of personal involvement in various cases... except for poor Nick.

sfpcc

Post by sfpcc » Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:05 pm

I think his best moment is when he got buried alive at the end of season 5, (2005.) Even then he got overshadowed a bit by Frank Gorshin's last on screen performance as himself. (He had died the night before. The episode was dedicated to him.) It was directed by Quentin Tarrentino.

sfpcc

Post by sfpcc » Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:19 pm

Tonight Is the final two hour episode of CSI, (of course it's across from the Lions game.) Did anyone watch it? At least it got an ending.

SoupySez

Post by SoupySez » Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:36 pm

sfpcc wrote:Tonight Is the final two hour episode of CSI, (of course it's across from the Lions game.) Did anyone watch it? At least it got an ending.
I did and it was pretty good. It saw the return of Gil Grissom(William Peterson), Katherine Willows(Marg Helgenberg), and Capt. Jim Brass(Paul Guilfoyle). The only one who didn't return was George Eads, who played Nick. Guess he was too busy in his new job in California. It also saw the return of Lady Heather, who was considered a suspect in a couple of bombings involving a couple of her patients. Of course she was being framed by another former client who was obsessed with her and thought he could make her reciprocate his feelings. Plus, he was trying to lure Grissom into a trap where he could kill him or those he was close to. It all came out good in the end. Katherine Willows gave up her FBI job to return to Vegas, where her daughter is now a CSI, plus she was going to take in two little girls whose mother was forced into letting off a bomb which killed her. Grissom went back to his boat near the sea where he fights for whale protection. His ex, Sara Sidle(Jorja Fox), was promoted to CSI boss, after current boss, played by Ted Danson decided to move on to a new job on the CSI: Cyber series. But Sara resigned quickly when she realized her and Grissom still loved each other and she joined him on his boat and it ended with the two of them sailing out to sea.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic