Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

CMT

A place to discuss national and regional television and radio programming.
Turkeytop

CMT

Post by Turkeytop » Tue Dec 27, 2022 7:32 pm

I'm not much for watching TV. My wife is the TV watcher in our house.

Lately she's been watching this channel called CMT. The channel only has one program. It's back to back, round the clock replays of the old Cheers program.

Not shure what the CMT stands for. Must be something like Cheers Mega time.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

radioandtventhusiast

Re: CMT

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Tue Dec 27, 2022 7:53 pm

CMT is one of those networks that changed focus, originally starting as a Country Music themed channel as "Country Music Television". Now it's mostly shows that have nothing to with country music, with a block of country music videos every morning.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Tue Dec 27, 2022 9:24 pm

radioandtventhusiast wrote:
Tue Dec 27, 2022 7:53 pm
CMT is one of those networks that changed focus, originally starting as a Country Music themed channel as "Country Music Television". Now it's mostly shows that have nothing to with country music, with a block of country music videos every morning.
Like The Weather Channel. Last year when we stopped for the night in Kentucky, on our way to Florida, I turned on the weather channel to see what I'd be driving through the next day.

They weren't doing the weather. They were running a reality program loosley connected to the weather. (Truckers driving in the winter.)

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

radioandtventhusiast

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Tue Dec 27, 2022 10:57 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Tue Dec 27, 2022 9:24 pm
radioandtventhusiast wrote:
Tue Dec 27, 2022 7:53 pm
Like The Weather Channel. Last year when we stopped for the night in Kentucky, on our way to Florida, I turned on the weather channel to see what I'd be driving through the next day.

They weren't doing the weather. They were running a reality program loosley connected to the weather. (Truckers driving in the winter.)
Yeah, TWC has been this way since the late 2000s.

Deleted User 15835

Post by Deleted User 15835 » Sat Dec 31, 2022 2:41 am

I loved TWC as a kid, I'd watch it for hours on end. Now its crap.

radioandtventhusiast

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Sat Dec 31, 2022 12:50 pm

Riff Raff wrote:
Sat Dec 31, 2022 2:41 am
I loved TWC as a kid, I'd watch it for hours on end. Now its crap.

Same with me. While the meteorologists aren't bad today, they had some of the best ones back in the day.

Deleted User 15835

Post by Deleted User 15835 » Sat Dec 31, 2022 6:07 pm

Bedford Cable had that exact screen for the local forecast and I remember going to see family in South Carolina, same thing. However, my at my Grandparents house in Toledo, they had more of an updated local forecast screen with maps and everything.

organman95

Post by organman95 » Sat Apr 01, 2023 7:56 pm

Riff Raff wrote:
Sat Dec 31, 2022 6:07 pm
Bedford Cable had that exact screen for the local forecast and I remember going to see family in South Carolina, same thing. However, my at my Grandparents house in Toledo, they had more of an updated local forecast screen with maps and everything.
TCI in Northern MI also. I believe that screen is either WeatherStar II or III

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic