Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 6 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Pro-Palestinian terrorist protesters take over Columbia University building

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
km1125

Re: Pro-Palestinian terrorist protesters take over Columbia University building

Post by km1125 » Wed May 01, 2024 6:30 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 1:54 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 12:59 pm
"From the river to the sea" is not just a catchy slogan. Hamas, Hezbollah, etc., would gleefully destroy Israel, but can't.

Israel could blow their enemies off the face of the map, but won't.
Are you capable of separating Terrorists from civilians?

If not, how do you explain that many Israeli's are calling for the same cease fire that these protesters are calling for?

It seems that people who have experienced Genocide have a certain perspective on the evils of genocide.
YOU are the one that can't separate the terrorists from the civilians, and prove it EVERY SINGLE TIME you utter the "35,000 innocent civilians" stat. You KNOW that's not a true number, as the actual "innocent civilians" are a much smaller proportion of that total number. Some big chunk of that number were actual HAMAS terrorists, or those Palestinians who actively supported them.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed May 01, 2024 7:01 pm

km1125 wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 6:30 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Honeyman wrote:
"From the river to the sea" is not just a catchy slogan. Hamas, Hezbollah, etc., would gleefully destroy Israel, but can't.

If not, how do you explain that many Israeli's are calling for the same cease fire that these protesters are calling for?

It seems that people who have experienced Genocide have a certain perspective on the evils of genocide.
YOU are the one that can't separate the terrorists from the civilians, and prove it EVERY SINGLE TIME you utter the "35,000 innocent civilians" stat. You KNOW that's not a true number, as the actual "innocent civilians" are a much smaller proportion of that total number. Some big chunk of that number were actual HAMAS terrorists, or those Palestinians who actively supported them.
Km posting live from the Trump rally at MBS.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

**This space lives rent-free in BMW's head**

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed May 01, 2024 7:10 pm

km1125 wrote:
TC Talks wrote:
Honeyman wrote:

Have evidence from a credible organization? You are talking out of your ass.... No one is really interested in your opinion on data that is readily available. That's just ignorance.

UN has the count at 30,000 Civilians as of March 1. The UN is the organization charged with tracking this data around the world.

https://www.ochaopt.org/data/casualties
“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Wed May 01, 2024 7:52 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 7:10 pm
km1125 wrote:
TC Talks wrote:
Honeyman wrote:

Have evidence from a credible organization? You are talking out of your ass.... No one is really interested in your opinion on data that is readily available. That's just ignorance.

UN has the count at 30,000 Civilians as of March 1. The UN is the organization charged with tracking this data around the world.

"Civilians" is the operative word. You are a phony, naive fool to believe them all innocent.
The censorship king from out of state.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed May 01, 2024 8:32 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 7:52 pm
TC Talks wrote:
km1125 wrote:
TC Talks wrote:
Honeyman wrote:

"Civilians" is the operative word. You are a phony, naive fool to believe them all innocent.
In "Honeyman" world, how many of the 30,000 people (according to the most responsible human rights organization in the world) are actually families, mothers and children?

You feel fine about that? I think it's despicable, here's why;

Every year from 4th Grade through High School, we would be visited by Holocaust survivors who cautioned us about evil men who killed civilans indiscriminately. They were pursued for no reason but their faith. My school was about half Jewish, and I've visited the Holocaust museums in Southfield and Washington DC.

Everything I have learned tells me your idea of kill them all is evil. Label me any way you choose, but it's a deflection.
― Matt

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed May 01, 2024 9:15 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 8:32 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 7:52 pm
TC Talks wrote:
km1125 wrote:
TC Talks wrote:
Honeyman wrote:

In "Honeyman" world, how many of the 30,000 people (according to the most responsible human rights organization in the world) are actually families, mothers and children?

You feel fine about that? I think it's despicable, here's why;

Every year from 4th Grade through High School, we would be visited by Holocaust survivors who cautioned us about evil men who killed civilans indiscriminately. They were pursued for no reason but their faith. My school was about half Jewish, and I've visited the Holocaust museums in Southfield and Washington DC.

Everything I have learned tells me your idea of kill them all is evil. Label me any way you choose, but it's a deflection.
The trouble is the Palestinian government (Hamas) attacked Israel and Israel defended itself. Your rather one sided take when both sides of the coin are guilty as hell is disingenuous.

zzand

Post by zzand » Thu May 02, 2024 6:04 am

Rate this, he believes it is ok for anyone to attack Israel but it is wrong for Israel to defend itself.

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu May 02, 2024 6:21 am

https://record.umich.edu/articles/unive ... -protests/

I can't imagine the above message will do anything. Here in Ann Arbor, the campers have been mostly "behaved".

U-M leadership shared some facts supporting the policy of not folding for the divestment bullshit in late March: https://publicaffairs.vpcomm.umich.edu/ ... ivestment/
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

**This space lives rent-free in BMW's head**

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu May 02, 2024 9:01 am

Our President hasn't said a damn thing in 10 days now about any of this.

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu May 02, 2024 9:05 am

Rate This wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:37 pm
My bingo card has USC, Yale, Harvard and Columbia… if this business at Columbia were widespread like that chart claims any and all local news outlets would have cameras there like flies on shit.
While not quite as expansive as Al Jazeera's map, the Associated Press (AP)'s Bingo Card is up to 35.

https://apnews.com/article/israel-pales ... 99f7cf9e33

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Thu May 02, 2024 9:26 am

bmw wrote:
Thu May 02, 2024 9:05 am
Rate This wrote:
My bingo card has USC, Yale, Harvard and Columbia… if this business at Columbia were widespread like that chart claims any and all local news outlets would have cameras there like flies on shit.
While not quite as expansive as Al Jazeera's map, the Associated Press (AP)'s Bingo Card is up to 35.

Mainly the Ivies, private "Near Ivies", and public "Pseudo Ivies". "Flyover Country", "Red States", and MAGA area universities don't fall for this nonsense, and will shut occupations/riots down in a hurry. Although I wouldn't be surprised if TC Talks organized one in Traverse City.
"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu May 02, 2024 10:03 am

bmw wrote:
Thu May 02, 2024 9:05 am
Rate This wrote:

Interesting.. it occurs to me that these people think Hamas or Israel care a whit about what they think… the News flash there is that these issues are so big and deep that absolutely nobody cares what some people a world away think one way or the other… they are wasting their time.

Incidentally about a quarter of the protesters at Columbia that were arrested were non-students.

zzand

Post by zzand » Thu May 02, 2024 10:10 am

I was thinking the same thing. Israel and Hamas go oh hell some college kids in the USA are protesting, we better stop right now...LOL

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Thu May 02, 2024 10:17 am

Rate This wrote:
Thu May 02, 2024 10:03 am

Incidentally about a quarter of the protesters at Columbia that were arrested were non-students.

Half, according to CNN:

Roughly half of the 282 total people arrested at Columbia and CCNY were not affiliated with the schools, NYPD says
From CNN's John Miller

Out of the total 282 people arrested at both Columbia University and the City College of New York on Tuesday, 134 individuals were not affiliated with either school, according to a New York Police Department official who shared the breakdown with CNN. The remaining 148 individuals did have an affiliation with one of the two universities.
The censorship king from out of state.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu May 02, 2024 10:18 am

Rate This wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 9:15 pm
The trouble is the Palestinian government (Hamas) attacked Israel and Israel defended itself. Your rather one sided take when both sides of the coin are guilty as hell is disingenuous.
Actually I did condem the kidnappings here. Feel free to search my history. I am also adamant that civilians have no business being killed in this conflict.

As for Hamas being freely elected, how familiar are you with how they came to power? Israel wanted the PLO out of leadership and helped get Hamas elected in 2006. This is a messy history, and black and white statements like you just made are overly simplified.
The Growth of Hamas
The last election in Gaza occurred around 17 years ago, in 2006. The election saw a political split between the secular Fatah (a branch of the Palestinian Liberation Organization (PLO)) that dominated the PLO since the 1967 Arab-Israeli War, and the Islamist Hamas that formed in 1987 as an offshoot of Egypt’s Muslim Brotherhood.

Hamas in its early days, according to former Israeli officials, was seen by the government of Israel as a counterweight to the PLO. Israel supported Hamas as a way to break the PLO's hold on the region. Retired official Avner Cohen, who worked in Gaza in the 1990s and oversaw religious affairs in the region, told the WSJ in 2009, “Hamas, to my great regret, is Israel’s creation." That report continued:

The Israeli government officially recognized a precursor to Hamas called Mujama Al Islamiya, registering the group as a charity. It allowed Mujama members to set up an Islamic university and build mosques, clubs and schools. Crucially, Israel often stood aside when the Islamists and their secular left-wing Palestinian rivals battled, sometimes violently, for influence in both Gaza and the West Bank.
― Matt

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic