Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 12 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Pro-Palestinian terrorist protesters take over Columbia University building

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
bmw

Re: Pro-Palestinian terrorist protesters take over Columbia University building

Post by bmw » Sat May 04, 2024 5:55 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 8:05 am
Columbia's President acknowledged these were peaceful protesters. They didn't do damage, they disrupted.

- Again, try reading, and understand the nuisances of adjectives. Terrorists are violent, like when the Jan 6 domestic terrorists killed cops. These protesters used words.
Are you just willfully ignorant?

This from NPR. Or are they too right-wing for you to be considered credible?
Police were sent to Columbia University at the request of school administrators, who had said protesters' occupation of Hamilton Hall was led by individuals not affiliated with Columbia...

After a mass of demonstrators marched from Columbia to nearby City College on Tuesday evening, university public safety officers made 25 arrests before calling in the NYPD, which made additional arrests. Police said school officials made the call in response to "violence and vandalism, not in response to peaceful protest."
https://www.npr.org/2024/05/04/12491888 ... ian-campus

That's pretty much a direct refutation of everything you've claimed.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun May 05, 2024 7:26 am

I'll just leave this right here... thousands of Israelis who understand when things are unjust.

“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun May 05, 2024 7:30 am

bmw wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 5:55 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Columbia's President acknowledged these were peaceful protesters. They didn't do damage, they disrupted.

- Again, try reading, and understand the nuisances of adjectives. Terrorists are violent, like when the Jan 6 domestic terrorists killed cops. These protesters used words.

Police were sent to Columbia University at the request of school administrators, who had said protesters' occupation of Hamilton Hall was led by individuals not affiliated with Columbia...

After a mass of demonstrators marched from Columbia to nearby City College on Tuesday evening, university public safety officers made 25 arrests before calling in the NYPD, which made additional arrests. Police said school officials made the call in response to "violence and vandalism, not in response to peaceful protest."

I claimed? You mean Columbia's President? It seems once again there are two perspectives on the same incident.
― Matt

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun May 05, 2024 9:00 am

TC Talks wrote:
Sun May 05, 2024 7:30 am
bmw wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 5:55 pm
TC Talks wrote:

I claimed? You mean Columbia's President? It seems once again there are two perspectives on the same incident.
Dude…. Columbia’s President asked to have it disbanded… he’s not gonna have some other perspective that they were peaceful AND ask the police to arrest a bunch of people. Give up. Your position is disjointed.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun May 05, 2024 9:02 am

TC Talks wrote:
Sun May 05, 2024 7:26 am
I'll just leave this right here... thousands of Israelis who understand when things are unjust.

Netanyahu is much more popular here than in Israel. He’ll be lucky to survive much longer there.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sun May 05, 2024 9:37 am

TC Talks wrote:
Sun May 05, 2024 7:30 am
Yes, YOU. Your first sentence was your summary of what Columbia's President said, but after that, you broke away from that with a hyphen and stated YOUR claims that there was no violence and that the protesters used only words. This isn't about perspective. This is about fact. Is it your claim of fact that there was no vandalism and no violence?

As an aside, you continue to refuse to address the parachute in your cartoon graphic which represents support for terrorists who killed people.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sun May 05, 2024 11:17 am

bmw wrote:
Sun May 05, 2024 9:37 am
As an aside, you continue to refuse to address the parachute in your cartoon graphic which represents support for terrorists who killed people.
You'll never get a response to this. You've asked 4-5 times and he continues to ignore the question. It's as close to an admission of wrong as possible from TC Bloviates.
The censorship king from out of state.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Sun May 05, 2024 3:13 pm

I still think Sen. Bernie Sanders still has the best take. To paraphrase, if we'd turn our attention away from the college unrest to examine the reason of the unrest, it would go a long way to resolving the issue.

Personally I'm 100% behind what these kids are doing up to the point when the chanting stops and the property destruction starts.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun May 05, 2024 5:46 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Sun May 05, 2024 11:17 am
bmw wrote:
You'll never get a response to this. You've asked 4-5 times and he continues to ignore the question. It's as close to an admission of wrong as possible from TC Bloviates.
BMW will never get a response that A) He agrees with or B) he can argue with.

I honestly am not concerned about appeasing either one of you, as it seems you both are fine with the killing of civilians in Gaza. With luck, the Israeli people will remove Netanyahu and a more stable leader can be put in place.
― Matt

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sun May 05, 2024 6:27 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Sun May 05, 2024 5:46 pm
Honeyman wrote:
bmw wrote:

I honestly am not concerned about appeasing either one of you, as it seems you both are fine with the killing of civilians in Gaza. With luck, the Israeli people will remove Netanyahu and a more stable leader can be put in place.
But your cartoon graphic is not a Palestinian flag or a peace sign...... it's a parachute. Which represents and implies approval to the terrorists who started this conflict. Scum of the earth individuals who raped and killed innocent civilians and literally beheaded infants in front of their parents eyes.

And you are either too fucking stupid to realize that or too stubborn to admit you're wrong.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun May 05, 2024 7:06 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Sun May 05, 2024 6:27 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Honeyman wrote:
bmw wrote:

But your cartoon graphic is not a Palestinian flag or a peace sign...... it's a parachute. Which represents and implies approval to the terrorists who started this conflict. Scum of the earth individuals who raped and killed innocent civilians and literally beheaded infants in front of their parents eyes.

And you are either too fucking stupid to realize that or too stubborn to admit you're wrong.
So you're saying BMW and TCT are virtually the same?
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

**This space lives rent-free in BMW's head**

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sun May 05, 2024 7:10 pm

Matt wrote:
Sun May 05, 2024 7:06 pm
Honeyman wrote:
TC Talks wrote:
Honeyman wrote:
bmw wrote:

So you're saying BMW and TCT are virtually the same?
Not at all. Despite I'm much more in agreement on most issues here with TCT than bmw, I will say without a doubt bmw has more character and belief in his convictions.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun May 05, 2024 7:59 pm

Honeyman wrote:
TC Talks wrote:
Honeyman wrote:
bmw wrote:

To you, the cartoon is a hamas paratrooper?
Is it a green army man with a Palestinian flag?

To many, it is a way to show support to the SENSELESS killing of civilians and aid workers. Do you condemn IDF killing innocent people?
― Matt

bmw

Post by bmw » Sun May 05, 2024 8:35 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Sun May 05, 2024 7:59 pm
To you, the cartoon is a hamas paratrooper?
YES, this is EXACTLY what it is.
TC Talks wrote:
Sun May 05, 2024 7:59 pm
Is it a green army man with a Palestinian flag?
It is a man with a Palestinian flag STICKING OUT OF THE TOP OF A PARACHUTE.

I mean, you ARE aware that that's how some of the attacks were carried out, are you not? That the terrorists descended into Israel wearing paragliders.

Your feigned ignorance is almost comical at this point. I mean, what you're doing would be equivalent to if, after 9/11, someone had posted a graphic with a large plane in it with a Jihadist flag sticking out of one of the wings and a slogan that said "I support Islam" and arguing that the plane is irrelevant to the graphic.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sun May 05, 2024 8:48 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Sun May 05, 2024 7:10 pm
Not at all. Despite I'm much more in agreement on most issues here with TCT than bmw, I will say without a doubt bmw has more character and belief in his convictions.
I'll take that as a compliment. TCT probably doesn't remember this, but I did once admit I misinterpreted something he said and apologized for my response to what I thought he had said. I don't even remember what the topic was, though.

My gut tells me that when TCT posted that graphic, he was not aware of the method by which some of the attacks were carried out. And that's fine - honest mistake. I wasn't aware of it either until I had read about the backlash that (I think it was the Chicago BLM) received for originally posting it. So I actually learned something because of that. But rather than admit to an honest mistake (which I don't think anybody here wouldn't have thought anything of), he continues to double down on it over and over.

Where I do think TCT is ignorant is that he just doesn't grasp why some (probably most - or at least those who understand what the graphic represents) find it not only offensive, but interpret anybody posting it as a display of support for the terrorist attacks.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic