Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Reauthorization of Surveillance Program Violates 4th Amendment

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
MotorCityRadioFreak

Reauthorization of Surveillance Program Violates 4th Amendment

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:13 am

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

craig11152

Re: Reauthorization of Surveillance Program Violates 4th Amendment

Post by craig11152 » Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:45 am

It's been around for 15 or 16 years with bipartisan support and no real evidence they are systematically attacking average citizens.
I no longer directly engage trolls

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:13 am

As much as I generally distrust the federal government to do much of anything without abusing its power, the need for national security, much like any other kind of security, is a delicate balancing of individual rights against the broader want of society to be safe and secure. You have to inherently sacrifice some amount of your personal freedoms to have security. Here, that sacrifice seems pretty minimal.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:54 pm

Those who desire to give up freedom in order to gain security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one. Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both. He who sacrifices freedom for security deserves neither.

-Ben Franklin
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic