Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Shut Up And Sing, Hoosier, And Stop The Anti Trump Rants

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Ben Zonia

Shut Up And Sing, Hoosier, And Stop The Anti Trump Rants

Post by Ben Zonia » Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:03 am

People pay to come to rock concerts to hear their music, not to hear political speech. Hard to believe someone from the heartland got so coopted.

https://rumble.com/v4pqmbe-john-cougar- ... ted-m.html

Hope the people can get their money back.

How do these people not know not to alienate 50% or more of their audience? I say more than 50% because people are being intimidated.

https://www.goodreads.com/quotes/96854- ... f-the-same

"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

Chrocket87

Re: Shut Up And Sing, Hoosier, And Stop The Anti Trump Rants

Post by Chrocket87 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:18 pm

Same asshole who cut a Toledo show early because he was interrupted while storytelling.

I don’t go to concerts as much as I used to, but I prefer if they just stick to playing music. I don’t care much for long-winded stories, political or otherwise.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:07 pm

I find this Hee-Larry-Us coming from a West Michigan social media website. In my humblest of opinion, this area has by far the worst audience behavior I've ever had the displeasure of being part of. Not surprisingly many artists reactions are less than model as well.

I used to really enjoy attend Meijer Garden concerts but tired of the rudeness of the audience who seemed much more interested in chatting about who was fucking who in the neighborhood than listening to an artist at work. Again, no surprise when folks like Ray LaMontagne and a female folk singers whose name alludes me right now had to come out and say STFU or I'm leaving.

Y'all are in no position to say squat about artist or audience behavior.

FakeAndyStuart

Post by FakeAndyStuart » Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:32 pm

Chrocket87 wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:18 pm
Same asshole who cut a Toledo show early because he was interrupted while storytelling.

I don’t go to concerts as much as I used to, but I prefer if they just stick to playing music. I don’t care much for long-winded stories, political or otherwise.
This was the Toledo show.. I believe the ticket buying public needs to be treated better than this, but this is not a second incident. I guess there was a WaPo interview (that I can't find) where he tried to excuse his behavior at that show...

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:54 pm

FakeAndyStuart wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:32 pm
Chrocket87 wrote:

This was the Toledo show.. I believe the ticket buying public needs to be treated better than this, but this is not a second incident. I guess there was a WaPo interview (that I can't find) where he tried to excuse his behavior at that show...
Apparently, John Denver had some problems there also. He wrote a derogatory song about Toledo.
"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

Chrocket87

Post by Chrocket87 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:06 pm

FakeAndyStuart wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:32 pm
Chrocket87 wrote:

Thank you for the correction. I thought he was referring to a different show.

FakeAndyStuart

Post by FakeAndyStuart » Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:36 pm

Ben Zonia wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:54 pm
Apparently, John Denver had some problems there also. He wrote a derogatory song about Toledo.
A famous singer who is now room temperature wrote:Saturday night in toledo, ohio, is like being nowhere at all
All through the day how the hours rush by
You sit in the park and you watch the grass die
Ah, but after the sunset, the dusk and the twilight
When shadows of night start to fall
They roll back the sidewalks precisely at ten
And people who live there are not seen again
It's a pit.

Chrocket87

Post by Chrocket87 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:29 pm

With a few exceptions, i agree with FakeAndyStewaet. I’m so glad I moved away from there after graduating from UT a bit more than a decade ago.

Round Six

Post by Round Six » Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:36 pm

Chrocket87 wrote:
I don’t go to concerts as much as I used to, but I prefer if they just stick to playing music. I don’t care much for long-winded stories ...
As much as I'll get flamed for this, I was a little disappointed the last time I seen B.B.King. It was about a year before he passed so maybe all the reminiscing should of been overlooked by me. More back in the day stories than tunes.

One thing of note. It was at the Fox. A fight broke out in the audience. King and the band just kept playing and talking while the brawl was in session.
Life is not a dress rehearsal. This is it. There's no going back, and we can only go forward before we run out of runway.

zzand

Post by zzand » Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:08 am

This is nothing new. Musicians have been using concerts for political reasons for years.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic