Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

If You Like Your Car, You Can Keep Your Car?

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Talks

Re: If You Like Your Car, You Can Keep Your Car?

Post by TC Talks » Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:44 am

Round Six wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:03 pm
Rate This wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2024 9:42 pm
Round Six wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2024 9:40 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2024 4:46 pm
Now, ICE cars burst into flames on roads every day...
https://www.kbb.com/car-news/report-evs ... ered-cars/
Well .. I think this study may be flawed. Yes, more ICE's per ten thousand catch fire than electric's per ten thousand. But how did they catch fire?

EV's are catching fire all by themselves. Sitting in a garage. Plugged into a charger. Parked on the side of road. Spontaneous combination while cruising the boulevard.

How many ICE fires are NOT due to being involved in an accident?
Lots… mostly from debris in the engine or electrical issues. Car fires are a daily occurrence on the freeways. Have been for decades.
Point taken. But I stand by what I said.
Can we agree the majority of EV fires are due to spontaneous combustion? And the majority of ICE fires are caused by a fender bender?
Where's the data?

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

zzand

Re: If You Like Your Car, You Can Keep Your Car?

Post by zzand » Mon Apr 08, 2024 11:49 am

While I am in no hurry to buy an EV there are quite a few in my area. Tesla's but more interesting are the Rivian pickups. Several farms in the area have them as daily drivers. Lack of chargers around here means owners have to have chargers at home.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic