Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Freedom Caucus chair begs Speaker for help

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Matt

Freedom Caucus chair begs Speaker for help

Post by Matt » Sat Apr 06, 2024 9:09 am

In yet another sign of how trumpism is a cancer on the Republican Party: https://www.politico.com/news/2024/04/0 ... n-00150415
The House Freedom Caucus has long hammered Republican speakers, and some of its members even helped oust one. That includes the group’s leader — who’s now imploring the new Republican speaker for help saving his seat.

It gets more awkward from there. Rep. Bob Good (R-Va.) is asking Speaker Mike Johnson for assistance. But as allies to former Speaker Kevin McCarthy vividly remember, the ex-GOP leader spent $2 million to help Good win in 2020, only to watch the conservative rebel help toss McCarthy overboard three years later.

The embattled Good now wants Johnson’s endorsement and a pledge not to help his primary opponent, who’s trying to turn support for former President Donald Trump into a wedge issue with the base. Good’s challenger is a major threat to the second-term Freedom Caucus chief’s future in Congress — and as center-right colleagues gang up on him, help from Johnson and his allies could be a major boon.

“I would think that he would endorse all the incumbents — I want everybody to endorse me, including the speaker,” Good told POLITICO when asked if he had raised the topic of an endorsement with Johnson, making clear that he wouldn’t delve further into “that private conversation.”

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic