Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Trump's a bigot, news at 11

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Matt

Re: Trump's a bigot, news at 11

Post by Matt » Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:59 am

bmw wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:19 am
Matt wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:13 am
I was wrong. It's ok to admit you were wrong once in awhile.
You're missing the point. Did you believe these things when you voted for him? If so, then you come across as someone who "saw the light" and then act like a dick towards others who don't also "see the light" but are otherwise the same way you were prior.
His reaction to losing the election changed my perception significantly.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

zzand

Post by zzand » Thu Apr 04, 2024 10:00 am

You and Covid, let it go man, it wad 4 years ago, the world has moved on lol. And yes, considering what Covid did to all 3 of my children I am glad I was vaxxed. Any drug or shot carries the threat of side effects and everyone who takes them takes that chance willingly. Your choice to vote for him over any other candidate tells me you would rather hurt the nation than make your vote say I don't like either major candidate and won't support them.

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Apr 04, 2024 10:24 am

You think the world has moved on? Sure it has - in a damaged state. I'll let Covid go when people in power who did this decades' worth of damage to this country are held accountable.
zzand wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2024 10:00 am
...everyone who takes them takes that chance willingly...
And you're missing the point. You are the one who suggested I am "brainwashed." I simply countered by suggesting that anybody who believes that they'd be dead today if not for getting vaccinated against Covid - specifically, that the vaccine is the only reason they're alive today - is themselves in fact brainwashed. That's not to say that this isn't true for some people, but I think claims as to how many people actually saved their lives by getting vaccinated are way over-estimated, especially considering that those studies didn't look at other alternatives to vaccination.

Again, I'm sorry what you and your family went through, and I find it more tragic than anything else that you've convinced yourself that the path you took and are on now was literally your only viable option.
Last edited by bmw on Thu Apr 04, 2024 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Thu Apr 04, 2024 10:30 am

bmw wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2024 10:24 am
You think the world has moved on? Sure it has - in a damaged state. I'll let Covid go when people in power who did this decades' worth of damage to this country are held accountable.
.....but as far as the Constitution is concerned, you don't care.
The censorship king from out of state.

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Apr 04, 2024 10:32 am

Honeyman wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2024 10:30 am
bmw wrote:
You're going to have to elaborate on that one.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Thu Apr 04, 2024 10:58 am

bmw wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2024 10:32 am
Honeyman wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2024 10:30 am
bmw wrote:
You're going to have to elaborate on that one.
Why bother? You interpret the 14th amendment the way you want it. You hear a phone call to the Georgia SOS and refuse to accept what it plainly is. You'll taje the "H*** step" to admit the 2020 election was fair, but continue to accept his actions and statements in the years since.

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Apr 04, 2024 11:05 am

"H-u-g-e step"? WTF are you talking about? I said (I'm pretty sure in here) the day after the election that Biden won fair and square. You make it sound like I had some kind of come-to-Jesus moment some unspecified time after the election.

Trump doesn't believe it was fair, and he speaks and acts accordingly. I disagree with him, but so what? Again, let's not pretend like this is the first election cycle where the loser and his supporters argued that the election wasn't fair.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Thu Apr 04, 2024 11:21 am

It's the flippant "so what" that's the point.
NOBODY said and did what he did after they lost. By accepting his actions after a "fair and square" election allow the Constitution to be shit on.

Defending the extortion on the Raffensperger phone call is absurd, but you'll ignore that and start a thread pumping your chest how wise you were with your Covid predictions.

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Apr 04, 2024 11:26 am

I was alone on an island in here with my Covid opinions. TC Talks claimed I was literally directly responsible for killing people. Craig thought I was a nutcase. Matt was.....Matt. Robert Faygo (and others) were highly critical of any claim I made at the time. Any time I said anything that wasn't in line with the national narrative, I was swarmed upon in here. Every, single, time. And now, a lot of what I said was going to happen is happening, and nobody seems to care. 2 years of havoc and now those responsible want to just sweep it under the rug like it never happened. So yes, I will "pump my chest" (if that's the language you want to use) when it comes to discussing Covid and our reaction to it.

And I'm not going to get into the Georgia phone call again. I've already been there, done that, and in painstaking detail. I know I'm on an island on that one as well. So be it.
Last edited by bmw on Thu Apr 04, 2024 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Thu Apr 04, 2024 11:26 am

Honeyman wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2024 11:21 am
NOBODY said and did what he did after they lost an election. By accepting his actions after a "fair and square" election allow the Constitution to be shit on.

Defending the extortion on the Raffensperger phone call is absurd, but you'll ignore that and start a thread pumping your chest how wise you were with your Covid predictions.
There was no extortion on the Raffensperger call. Where was the actual threat? Where were the actual words to say (essentially) "fabricate the votes I need"?? Where was the "or else"??
Last edited by km1125 on Thu Apr 04, 2024 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

zzand

Post by zzand » Thu Apr 04, 2024 11:27 am

I don't think I would have died if not for the vaccine but I sure would have been in the hospital if not for it and any time I can stay away from that money drain is good. As for people being held accountable for "what they did" you are tilting at windmills. The Vast Majority of the world has moved on to things that are far more important than some list of people you feel deserve some sort of punishment for what they did. Surely Trump would be on that list as he is responsible for the vaccine you seem to hate so much. As for the vaccine, look up Pure Red Cell Aplasia. My oldest daughter is fighting it right now and after more than a million dollars in hospital bills, she is insured thankfully, an oncologist at University of Chicago who specializes in this found her four bouts of Covid caused her to contract this. He flat out told her if she was vaxxed she would still have gotten Covid but not the Aplasia. She will spend the next 12 months in treatment to put it into remission.

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Apr 04, 2024 11:29 am

km1125 wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2024 11:26 am
There was no extortion on the Raffensperger call. Where was the actual threat? Where was the actual words to say (essentially) "fabricate the votes I need"?? Where was the "or else"??
That's like asking what were the actual words Trump used to incite an insurrection.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Thu Apr 04, 2024 11:29 am

km1125 wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2024 11:26 am
Honeyman wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2024 11:21 am
NOBODY said and did what he did after they lost an election. By accepting his actions after a "fair and square" election allow the Constitution to be shit on.

There was no extortion on the Raffensperger call. Where was the actual threat? Where was the actual words to say (essentially) "fabricate the votes I need"?? Where was the "or else"??
You and bmw hear what you want to hear. But to those of us who use brain matter, it was as plain as day. Just like your cult leader said, he could shoot somebody on 5th Avenue and his supporters wouldn't care.

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Apr 04, 2024 11:38 am

zzand wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2024 11:27 am
As for people being held accountable for "what they did" you are tilting at windmills. The Vast Majority of the world has moved on to things that are far more important than some list of people you feel deserve some sort of punishment for what they did.
But let's make sure we hold Trump responsible for things he did in 2020 and prior, correct?
zzand wrote:
Surely Trump would be on that list as he is responsible for the vaccine you seem to hate so much.
I'm pretty sure Trump wasn't trying to force anyone to take it, was he? Nor was he calling for things to be locked down. In fact, to the best of my recollection, he wanted the country back up and running by Easter of 2020, which wasn't even 2 months after Covid became a problem here. My issue with the vaccine wasn't that it existed; it was the holier-than-thou attitude of those who argued that you were pond scum if you didn't get vaccinated.
zzand wrote:
As for the vaccine, look up Pure Red Cell Aplasia. My oldest daughter is fighting it right now and after more than a million dollars in hospital bills, she is insured thankfully, an oncologist at University of Chicago who specializes in this found her four bouts of Covid caused her to contract this. He flat out told her if she was vaxxed she would still have gotten Covid but not the Aplasia. She will spend the next 12 months in treatment to put it into remission.
Again, sorry to hear that. But I will say this - no doctor can say anything with 100% certainty. If my doctor told me there was a 100% chance that the vaccine would or would not do anything, I would immediately be skeptical of that doctor's advice. I don't know how else to say this either since you're just not getting it - I'm not criticizing your decision to get vaccinated. You thought you were making the best decision possible based on the information you had at the time. What I struggle grasping is your "I would still do it anyway" attitude given your after-the-fact knowledge that you were in the unfortunate minority of people who had bad reactions to it. But we've hashed that out enough, you need not defend it further.

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Apr 04, 2024 11:41 am

Honeyman wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2024 11:29 am
You and bmw hear what you want to hear.
You mean how people like you listen to Trump say "I know that everyone here will soon be marching over to the Capitol building to peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard" but what you hear is "Now is the time for everyone here to march over to the Capitol building and violently engage in an insurrection."

Is that what you're talking about?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic