Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 6 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Trump can't make bond

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Talks

Re: Trump can't make bond

Post by TC Talks » Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:58 am

Matt wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:41 am
TC Talks wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:13 am
Lester The Nightfly wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:34 pm
Ya' know, it just occurred to me depending on how contracts were drawn up he may have to sell his jet. It's almost certainly considered an asset of TrumpCo because It's almost certain he was taking a tax write off on it. If he attempts to spin it as a personal asset then he'll have to do a whole lotta 'splainin to the IRS about the discrepancy.
This kind of teasing is just cruel. I'm sure he would sell the jet to his campaign.
Um, excuse me, but you guys seem to be forgetting THE POLLZZZZZ!!!! THIS IS A WITCH HUNT!!!!
Oh Wait! Trump's campaign can't afford a plan.

“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Bull Shannon

Post by Bull Shannon » Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:18 am

Round Six wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:26 pm
We all know the Democrats and Republicans don't speak to each other. Are the Republicans not speaking to each other too? Does everyone at the RNC suck at chess?
Chess? I'm pretty sure even checkers would be a bit too challenging for a lot of Republicans, the way things are going.
Lester The Nightfly wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:34 pm
Ya' know, it just occurred to me depending on how contracts were drawn up he may have to sell his jet. It's almost certainly considered an asset of TrumpCo because It's almost certain he was taking a tax write off on it. If he attempts to spin it as a personal asset then he'll have to do a whole lotta 'splainin to the IRS about the discrepancy.
Per the FAA aircraft registry, his Boeing 757 (N757AF) is registered to a Delaware LLC called "DJT Operations I LLC." So I guess it would depend on whether or not that particular LLC is also involved with the civil fraud suit.

bmw

Post by bmw » Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:59 am

The fact that nobody here is concerned about the abuse of power the state of New York is exercising in basically breaking a man in and of itself is alarming. While you're all circle-jerking over the prospect of Trump's assets being liquidated, this seems like an appropriate place to re-quote MW:
MWmetalhead wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:11 am
I cannot stand Trump, but the civil case in New York is pretty much bullshit.

The "people of New York" have no legitimate cause of action against him.

If his lenders were screwed as the state seems to be alleging, then it is the lenders who should be suing, not the state. To the best of my knowledge, none of the allegedly aggrieved lenders have been called to testify as witnesses by the prosecution.

I'm not sure why the State of New York's Treasury should be enriched at the Trump Organization's expense to the tune of several hundred million dollars.
Does anybody here want to defend the state's actions on their legal merits? Or do the ends justify the means?

zzand

Post by zzand » Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:04 am

YES they do

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:10 am

bmw wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:59 am
The fact that nobody here is concerned about the abuse of power the state of New York is exercising in basically breaking a man in and of itself is alarming. While you're all circle-jerking over the prospect of Trump's assets being liquidated, this seems like an appropriate place to re-quote MW:
MWmetalhead wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:11 am
I cannot stand Trump, but the civil case in New York is pretty much bullshit.

The "people of New York" have no legitimate cause of action against him.

If his lenders were screwed as the state seems to be alleging, then it is the lenders who should be suing, not the state. To the best of my knowledge, none of the allegedly aggrieved lenders have been called to testify as witnesses by the prosecution.

I'm not sure why the State of New York's Treasury should be enriched at the Trump Organization's expense to the tune of several hundred million dollars.
Does anybody here want to defend the state's actions on their legal merits? Or do the ends justify the means?
I would add some wise advice… Do NOT come to court and piss off the judge, bad mouth him and threaten him. That’s like threatening a firing squad with its choice of which type of gun to use. They can wreck your day or they can WRECK your day. In other words absent his repeated fucking around because HE IS A CHILD AND CANNOT CONTROL HIMSELF he probably would have gotten off a little lighter. Nobody else is dumb enough to do what he did.

He also has repeatedly bragged about being a multi-billionaire… he should EASILY be able to handle this.

And you want to give him nuclear codes.

bmw

Post by bmw » Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:46 am

Abuse of power is abuse of power, I don't care what Trump said or did in the court room.

And I don't believe for one second that the penalty would have been so much as a penny less if Trump had behaved any differently during the proceedings.

zzand

Post by zzand » Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:50 am

You reap what you sew.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:53 am

bmw wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:46 am
Abuse of power is abuse of power, I don't care what Trump said or did in the court room.

And I don't believe for one second that the penalty would have been so much as a penny less if Trump had behaved any differently during the proceedings.
This isn’t abuse of power. It’s proportional to his claimed assets. Supposedly that’s billions. If he overinflated that too… NOBODY STUCK A GUN TO HIS HEAD AND TOLD HIM TO DO IT. Actions have consequences. I can only feel feel sorry for so many folks… there isn’t room on that train for a poor man’s con artist with a bad tan and an inability to shut up when he really needs to. And I mean needs to as in “YOU’RE MAKING IT WORSE! STOP TALKING FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!!”

He threatened the judge… you can’t do that and expect a favorable outcome… if any of us did that we would be in jail right now while the guy ruled. This idea he’s being persecuted when anybody else would have forgotten what daylight is by now is just laughable. The courts are treating this man with kid gloves.
Last edited by Rate This on Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:59 am

Everything Trump does is thoroughly researched by his lawyers. This has been true since the 1960s. It's not like he "does his own taxes" and legal work. It's only when rogue Communist prosecutors and judges get involved that retribution like this happens. Trump's enemies and useful idiots drool like rabid animals when they see this happen. All of our enemies worldwide are laughing like hyenas because America is no longer free and the model for the world, the US Constitution, is totally ignored, and the justice system seeks to Destroy the Bill of Rights at every turn. The US has actually been under attack since the 1950s, when Joe McCarthy tried to expose the embedded enemies. Only under the weak President Biden have they been able to largely implement our enemies' plans. We're no longer the beacon of freedom. Communist leaders worldwide have always said they will take America over and never fire a shot. We're seeing now how they plan to do it.
Last edited by Ben Zonia on Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:01 am

Ben Zonia wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:59 am
Everything Trump does is thoroughly researched by his lawyers. This has been true since the 1960s. It's not like he "does his own taxes" and legal work. It's only when rogue Communist prosecutors and judges get involved that retribution like this happens. Trump's enemies and useful idiots drool like rabid animals when they see this happen. All of our enemies worldwide are laughing like hyenas because America is no longer free and the model for the world, the US Constitution, is totally ignored, and the justice system seeks to Destroy the Bill of Rights at every turn. The US has actually been under attack since the 1950s, when Joe McCarthy tried to expose the embedded enemies. Only with the weak President Biden have they been able to largely implement our enemies' plans. We're no longer the beacon of freedom.
Did you accidentally weld the tinfoil hat to your skull this time?

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:02 am

Ben Zonia wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:59 am
Everything Trump does is thoroughly researched by his lawyers. This has been true since the 1960s. It's not like he "does his own taxes" and legal work. It's only when rogue Communist prosecutors and judges get involved that retribution like this happens. Trump's enemies and useful idiots drool like rabid animals when they see this happen. All of our enemies worldwide are laughing like hyenas because America is no longer free and the model for the world, the US Constitution, is totally ignored, and the justice system seeks to Destroy the Bill of Rights at every turn. The US has actually been under attack since the 1950s, when Joe McCarthy tried to expose the embedded enemies. Only with the weak President Biden have they been able to largely implement our enemies' plans. We're no longer the beacon of freedom.
You should seek professional help.
The censorship king from out of state.

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:08 am

You "useful", and I use that term loosely, idiots, will not be part of the Communist movement you support after they take over, and they will lock you up or dispatch you. You are stupid to support it. Trump is prosecuted and persecuted because he is one of the few standing in their way.
Last edited by Ben Zonia on Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

zzand

Post by zzand » Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:12 am

"You are stupid to support it." You are speaking of you supporting Trump right?

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:19 am

Marcia Strassman outlined the plan in "The Flower Children" in the "Summer of Love" era. It was creepy then and even creepier now. Almost all the folk singers were at the very least "fellow travelers", as they called themselves.

"The flower children have one thing on their minds...but they know where they're going, just you wait and see."

Now we know where they were going. To world Communism.

-Author Unknown

zzand

Post by zzand » Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:20 am

Now I get it, you dropped way too much acid back then and it is catching up to you.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic