Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

After yesterday's speech, if you vote for Trump, you have blood on your hands

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Rate This

Re: After yesterday's speech, if you vote for Trump, you have blood on your hands

Post by Rate This » Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:10 am

bmw wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:08 am
He went right back to the auto industry in his very next sentence. Point being, Matt (and most of the media) left that part of it out entirely.

And come on RT, do I need to point to the dictionary definition of "bloodbath"? In its literal usage, it indeed means violence or slaughter. But that's not the context he was using it in. He was quite clearly using it in an economic context. Per Merriam-Webster, in that context, a bloodbath is "a major economic disaster." What he was saying was, the whole country's economy was going to be a disaster if Biden gets re-elected.

This particular attack on Trump is just plain dishonest when it is plainly obvious what Trump is actually talking about.
The guy talks in circles and produces word salads and clearly has some sort of speech issue that’s a recent development and particularly shows itself later in the day. We shouldn’t have to decipher like this. Secondly it’s clear he moved to a broader description and circled back to cars after throwing that broader statement in there. You’re delusional.

teetoppz28

Re: After yesterday's speech, if you vote for Trump, you have blood on your hands

Post by teetoppz28 » Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:18 am

MAGAts: "tRump says exactly what he means. He's a straight-shooter and a beacon of truth!"

tRump: says something stupid/racist/sexist/etc.

MAGAts: "ThAt'S nOt WhAt He MeAnT!! hE mEaNt {insert ridiculous remedial mental gymnastics here}!!"
Dropping knowledge on forum MAGAts.
Unapologetically intellectually superior.

zzand

Post by zzand » Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:53 am

He is an embarrassment and is so busy pissing off voters he needs that what he needs to do is start a fresh the election was rigged speech for when Joe wins in November

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:04 pm

Rate This wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:10 am
Secondly it’s clear he moved to a broader description and circled back to cars after throwing that broader statement in there. You’re delusional.
Yes. A broader description OF THE ECONOMY. Again, look up the definition of bloodbath. There's nothing here to decipher. It explicitly means a disastrous economy. He was talking about the economy.

You're making a mountain out of something that isn't even a mole hill.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:07 pm

bmw wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:04 pm
Rate This wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:10 am
Secondly it’s clear he moved to a broader description and circled back to cars after throwing that broader statement in there. You’re delusional.
Yes. A broader description OF THE ECONOMY. Again, look up the definition of bloodbath. There's nothing here to decipher. It explicitly means a disastrous economy. He was talking about the economy.

You're making a mountain out of something that isn't even a mole hill.
His use of the word “but” before he starts on the autos bit again means he briefly changed the subject entirely. That’s how English works. Sorry about your luck. He’s also beginning to bleed support heavily.

I wouldn’t be surprised if there is a larger than there should be since he’s locked it up vote tonight for Haley.

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:15 pm

Rate This wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:07 pm
His use of the word “but” before he starts on the autos bit again means he briefly changed the subject entirely.
Ok, Bill. You're now in the territory of the now infamous meaning of the word "is." The word BLOODBATH, when used informally, has a definition whose context IS LIMITED TO ECONOMIC DISASTER. There's nothing to indicate he was using it in the context of literal bloodshed. NOTHING. No amount of word-smithing on your part is going to change that.

Look, I can't help it that your side has to routinely take Trump's words out of context to make your points. This is at least the 3rd glaring example. Good people on both sides. Fight like hell. And now Bloodbath.

teetoppz28

Post by teetoppz28 » Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:43 pm

bmw wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:15 pm
Rate This wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:07 pm
His use of the word “but” before he starts on the autos bit again means he briefly changed the subject entirely.
Ok, Bill. You're now in the territory of the now infamous meaning of the word "is." The word BLOODBATH, when used informally, has a definition whose context IS LIMITED TO ECONOMIC DISASTER. There's nothing to indicate he was using it in the context of literal bloodshed. NOTHING. No amount of word-smithing on your part is going to change that.

Look, I can't help it that your side has to routinely take Trump's words out of context to make your points. This is at least the 3rd glaring example. Good people on both sides. Fight like hell. And now Bloodbath.
The thing with tRump is he knows his base is a bunch of low IQ dipshits who can't process thoughts more than a couple syllables (see "Lock her up!", "FJB!", "Let's go Brandon!", "I did that" stickers on gas pumps)

All the MAGAts hear is "it's going to be a bloodbath" and they think "tRump is telling me he wants a civil war and I can shoot the libs if he loses!!"

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:44 pm

Considering bmw didn't believe Trump was trying to steal votes in Georgia when it was beyond obvious FROM THE TAPE, his argument runs shallow here too.
The censorship king from out of state.

teetoppz28

Post by teetoppz28 » Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:50 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:44 pm
Considering bmw didn't believe Trump was trying to steal votes in Georgia when it was beyond obvious FROM THE TAPE, his argument runs shallow here too.
bmw talks out of both sides of his mouth: "once someone invokes Hitler, I don't pay attention to anything else they say" but then goes and swallows hook-line-and-sinker everything tRump says and defends him at every turn, even after the "poisoning the blood of our country" speech.

When called out on it, bmw doesn't even man-up and admit he's a hypocrite... instead he throws a whataboutism tantrum. :hat

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:43 pm

bmw wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:08 am
He went right back to the auto industry in his very next sentence. Point being, Matt (and most of the media) left that part of it out entirely.

And come on RT, do I need to point to the dictionary definition of "bloodbath"? In its literal usage, it indeed means violence or slaughter. But that's not the context he was using it in. He was quite clearly using it in an economic context. Per Merriam-Webster, in that context, a bloodbath is "a major economic disaster." What he was saying was, the whole country's economy was going to be a disaster if Biden gets re-elected.

This particular attack on Trump is just plain dishonest when it is plainly obvious what Trump is actually talking about.
The context is that Trump has a history of using his words to incite criminal activity, as seen on January 6, 2021 that resulted in the deaths of several people including 2021 FAFO World Champion, Ashli Babbitt. It is completely irresponsible of him to use the language he chose when he was off script when the history exists. Whether you like it or not, the fact that he said "If I lose, there will be a bloodbath" will be used against him on the campaign trail. Instead of constantly defending the guy, maybe it's time to take a step back and reassess if he's the hill you want to die on.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:16 pm

Matt wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:43 pm

The context is that Trump has a history of using his words to incite criminal activity, as seen on January 6, 2021 that resulted in the deaths of several people including 2021 FAFO World Champion, Ashli Babbitt.
Yup such violence inciting words such as "peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard,"

I think your definition of inciting criminal activity is off base. In the interest of your education, I will post an example...
“I want to tell you, Gorsuch, I want to tell you, Kavanaugh: You have released the whirlwind, and you will pay the price,” Schumer said. “You won’t know what hit you if you go forward with these awful decisions.”
“Last night, a deranged man sought to murder Brett Kavanaugh at his family’s home.”

“Is anyone surprised that the dangerous rhetoric of this White House, Sen. Schumer and Democrat special interests could incite deadly violence against Supreme Court justices and their families?” Issa wrote in a tweet.
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:30 pm

Bryce, you mean like this?
The Jan. 6 select committee has heard testimony indicating that then-President Donald Trump — after rioters who swarmed the Capitol began chanting “hang Mike Pence” — expressed support for hanging his vice president, according to three people familiar with the matter.

The White House chief of staff at the time, Mark Meadows, was in the dining room off the Oval Office with Trump at one point during last year’s Capitol attack, the committee has been told. Meadows then left the dining room and informed other people nearby that Trump had signaled a positive view of the prospect of hanging the vice president, the panel heard.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:33 pm

Bryce wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:16 pm
Matt wrote:

The context is that Trump has a history of using his words to incite criminal activity, as seen on January 6, 2021 that resulted in the deaths of several people including 2021 FAFO World Champion, Ashli Babbitt.
Yup such violence inciting words such as "peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard,"

I think your definition of inciting criminal activity is off base. In the interest of your education, I will post an example...
“I want to tell you, Gorsuch, I want to tell you, Kavanaugh: You have released the whirlwind, and you will pay the price,” Schumer said. “You won’t know what hit you if you go forward with these awful decisions.”
“Last night, a deranged man sought to murder Brett Kavanaugh at his family’s home.”

“Is anyone surprised that the dangerous rhetoric of this White House, Sen. Schumer and Democrat special interests could incite deadly violence against Supreme Court justices and their families?” Issa wrote in a tweet.
Wouldn't be a Bryce post without a whataboutism....

The thing is, Trump does it again and again and again and again...... If he's not joking about Pelosis husband getting his skull fractured with a hammer to locking up his political foes to hanging Mike Pence. He does it all the time. It's his nature.
The censorship king from out of state.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:15 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:30 pm
Bryce, you mean like this?
The Jan. 6 select committee has heard testimony indicating that then-President Donald Trump — after rioters who swarmed the Capitol began chanting “hang Mike Pence” — expressed support for hanging his vice president, according to three people familiar with the matter.

The White House chief of staff at the time, Mark Meadows, was in the dining room off the Oval Office with Trump at one point during last year’s Capitol attack, the committee has been told. Meadows then left the dining room and informed other people nearby that Trump had signaled a positive view of the prospect of hanging the vice president, the panel heard.
Hearsay
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:25 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:33 pm
Bryce wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:16 pm
Matt wrote:

Wouldn't be a Bryce post without a whataboutism....

The thing is, Trump does it again and again and again and again...... If he's not joking about Pelosis husband getting his skull fractured with a hammer to locking up his political foes to hanging Mike Pence. He does it all the time. It's his nature.
So, it's ok when your side actually say's it, but not ok if you can twist the meaning around of what mine said,

Got it.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic