Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Hot mics are the best mics

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
bmw

Re: Hot mics are the best mics

Post by bmw » Fri Mar 08, 2024 2:37 pm

Rate This wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 2:35 pm
So are you gonna take 68 minutes and watch the damn thing or not?
I might in the next few days if I get really bored. But tbh I've been really busy with my computer business, which, damn you, now I'm behind today in getting computers packed up to ship out :blink

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Mar 08, 2024 2:44 pm

bmw wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 2:37 pm
Rate This wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 2:35 pm
So are you gonna take 68 minutes and watch the damn thing or not?
I might in the next few days if I get really bored. But tbh I've been really busy with my computer business, which, damn you, now I'm behind today in getting computers packed up to ship out :blink
One of these days I'll make good on my promise to stop by on my way through there... probably if I ever get my Mackinaw trip off the ground. Put I'll take my delaying you as a compliment.. at least what I'm writing holds interest / is worth a response. :blink

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Fri Mar 08, 2024 2:44 pm

teetoppz28 wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 1:28 pm
Lester The Nightfly wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 12:38 pm
In the exchange, Bennet congratulates Biden on his speech and urges the president to keep pressing Netanyahu on growing humanitarian concerns in Gaza. Secretary of State Antony Blinken and Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg were also part of the brief conversation.

Biden then responds using Netanyahu’s nickname, saying, “I told him, Bibi, and don’t repeat this, but you and I are going to have a ‘come to Jesus’ meeting.”

An aide to the president standing nearby then speaks quietly into the president’s ear, appearing to alert Biden that microphones remained on as he worked the room.

“I’m on a hot mic here,” Biden says after being alerted. “Good. That’s good.”

https://apnews.com/article/biden-netany ... 7d0125c918

Slick move. Note to Bibi: You really want to fuck with the guy that gave that speech last night?
He knows Bibi is a Jew, right? :hat
Since I don't have religion in this dog fight, Let's just say I've just never been a fan of watching someone kicking another in the nuts and then hiding behind big brother. Not too dissimilar than Trump himself seldom if ever experiencing the consequences of his action by cowering behind stacks of money. If I were less charitable I'd characterize it as being chickenshit.

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Mar 08, 2024 2:52 pm

bmw wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 2:05 pm
Rate This wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 1:09 pm
Beemer still thinks its all over but the shoutin...
Last night's speech won't move the needle so much as one tick. People on the left will be happy because Biden showed signs of left. People on the right will call it a shouting diatribe from an old man. People in the middle don't care.
Those people in the middle don't want Trump either.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Mar 08, 2024 3:01 pm

Fri Mar 08, 2024 2:44 pm
Since I don't have religion in this dog fight, Let's just say I've just never been a fan of watching someone kicking another in the nuts and then hiding behind big brother.
:lol

I mean really? You're just going to completely gloss over the event that led to that behavior in the first place? Or am I just to assume that what you are a fan of is the unprovoked beheading of innocent babies?

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Mar 08, 2024 3:02 pm

Rate This wrote:
One of these days I'll make good on my promise to stop by on my way through there... probably if I ever get my Mackinaw trip off the ground. Put I'll take my delaying you as a compliment.. at least what I'm writing holds interest / is worth a response. :blink
Whenever you see an open sign on.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Fri Mar 08, 2024 3:12 pm

bmw wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 3:01 pm
Since I don't have religion in this dog fight, Let's just say I've just never been a fan of watching someone kicking another in the nuts and then hiding behind big brother.
:lol

I mean really? You're just going to completely gloss over the event that led to that behavior in the first place? Or am I just to assume that what you are a fan of is the unprovoked beheading of innocent babies?
I don't want to see ANY babies killed in this conflict. You appear to feel otherwise.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Mar 30, 2024 11:38 am

Rate This wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 2:09 pm
bmw wrote:
Last night's speech won't move the needle so much as one tick...
And that's where you are wrong. He needs to shore up his base and some of that low approval is due to Democrats not being enthused with him. it's not just a pile of Republicans and Independents. That speech absolutely moved the needle with those Democrats and gave them hope that he's up to this. I wouldn't be surprised if he hits the mid to upper 40's...
Here we are, more than 3 weeks later, and Biden's approval rating average continues to hover at 40 percent, plus or minus a few tenths of a point.

So where's the post-SOTU-address bump?

As I said, that speech won't move the needle one tick.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Mar 30, 2024 12:16 pm

bmw wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2024 11:38 am
Rate This wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 2:09 pm
bmw wrote:
Last night's speech won't move the needle so much as one tick...
And that's where you are wrong. He needs to shore up his base and some of that low approval is due to Democrats not being enthused with him. it's not just a pile of Republicans and Independents. That speech absolutely moved the needle with those Democrats and gave them hope that he's up to this. I wouldn't be surprised if he hits the mid to upper 40's...
Here we are, more than 3 weeks later, and Biden's approval rating average continues to hover at 40 percent, plus or minus a few tenths of a point.

So where's the post-SOTU-address bump?

As I said, that speech won't move the needle one tick.
I’ve seen it pointed out that Trumps approval numbers are actually generally worse. Take that for what you will but carping about Biden at 40 would be a bigger deal if that weren’t still better than the other guy.

It does appear that we are getting more ties and slight Biden leads than we were before the speech. Maybe that speaks to more Democratic enthusiasm.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic