Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Seven Mountains Mandate and Project 2025

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Talks

Seven Mountains Mandate and Project 2025

Post by TC Talks » Sat Mar 02, 2024 4:59 am

Here's some creep stuff lurking. One of the biggest players? Hillsdale College. Is it time we took back faith from the politicians?

Excerpts from Bradley Onishi, a former Christian nationalist who's now a professor of religion and the author of Preparing for War, a critique of the movement and its impact on American democracy.
The New Apostolic Reformation and the Seven Mountains Mandate have their goal as conquest and power, as we discussed earlier. And so if your goal is to colonize the earth for God and to dominate American politics and governance, then you want somebody who's willing to go along that road and down that road with you. If I think about previous iterations of presidential candidates who have been favored by the religious right, we can think of Ronald Reagan.

And Ronald Reagan was somebody who did everything he could to curry the favor of evangelicals and white Catholics and the Moral Majority in the election against Jimmy Carter. Ronald Reagan delivered on some of those promises, but he ended up frustrating some of his religious right supporters. He didn't go all the way. Well, we arrived a decade or so later to George W. Bush. George W. Bush was a self-identified evangelical who had been saved by his faith in Jesus Christ. And he certainly did a lot to promote the interests of evangelicals and other conservative Christians in the country.

But George W. Bush - despite what he did in Iraq and Afghanistan, when he left office, it felt like the itch had not been scratched, that there was still something wrong with the country because even though we'd had an evangelical president for eight years, the country continued to be less religious, less Christian. It continued to get more pluralistic, more diverse, racially and ethnically. And then all of a sudden, it was Barack Obama. And Barack Obama was, like, made in a lab to scare white Christian nationalists. So Barack Obama is president, and then we get Obergefell, and gay marriage is legalized.

By the time Donald Trump arrives, this group of Christian nationalist voters, whether they be evangelical, whether they be conservative Catholics or Latter Day Saints, are in the mood not for somebody who simply identifies with them and their politics, someone like Ted Cruz or Mike Huckabee, they're in the mood for somebody who will act as the brutalizing barbarian needed to take the country back. If you want to colonize the Earth for God, it's not enough to have a testimony that says, Jesus saved me from my sins or from my alcoholism. What you need is a bully, somebody who will put in line all those folks that you think are ruining your country and causing it to descend into the pits of hell.

You don't just need somebody who's going to go to church on Sunday and talk a good talk. You need somebody who will destroy in order to rebuild. So Donald Trump, yeah, doesn't go to church a lot. Donald Trump, been married a couple times. But you know what he promises in ways that no one in our lifetimes has? He promises to punish those who have caused this country to go the wrong way. And so eight years later, we have a base that is more rabid to make him their barbarian king than ever before.

When it comes to government, I think we're seeing the strategy play out in real time. The goal is to institute people at every level of government who will either act as Christians carrying out God's mission on earth, this mission to colonize or take dominion of every part of human society, or to elect and work with those who are going to carry out that mission, whether or not they are doing so as conscious purveyors of God's plans themselves. So when we think about something like Project 2025, the forecasted ideal of the second Trump term, when we think of... The conservative Heritage Foundation. But if we look at the sponsors of Project 2025, we have others. We have Hillsdale College. We have Liberty University. We have the Claremont Institute. We have TP USA, many Christian nationalist universities or organizations. And so the goal when it comes to government is to institute people at every level, whether that be national politics, the White House, the United States Senate, the United States House or all the way down to the hyperlocal, the school boards, the mayor, the county supervisor.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

TC Talks

Re: Seven Mountains Mandate and Project 2025

Post by TC Talks » Wed Mar 06, 2024 9:53 am

I wonder how the Kristians on this board feel about this...

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Mar 11, 2024 4:00 pm

Here's some profit faith Kristians pushing their Nationalist Christian agenda. This has nothing to do with Jesus or Faith. Wonder why Audiophile isn't condemning their blasphemy.

Last edited by TC Talks on Mon Mar 11, 2024 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
― Noam Chomsky

Motown322

Post by Motown322 » Mon Mar 11, 2024 4:13 pm

Can we please start taxing these churches that want to get involved in politics?

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Mar 11, 2024 4:24 pm

Here's a good conversation about taxing churches....

Pro & Con Arguments
Pro 1
Exempting churches from taxation is constitutional and maintains a long American tradition.
Exempting churches from taxation upholds the separation of church and state embodied by the…

Pro 2
Exempting churches from taxation contributes to the public good.
Churches earn their tax exemption by contributing to the public good through offering numerous social services to people in need, including…

Pro 3
Most churches follow the rules and would struggle to exist without the tax exemption. The IRS should enforce the rules rather than eliminating the tax exemption wholesale...

Con 1
Exempting churches from taxation is unconstitutional.
Tax exemptions for churches violate the separation of church and state enshrined in the Establishment Clause of the First Amendment

Con 2
Exempting churches from taxation forces taxpayers to subsidize religion, while costing the government billions in tax revenue.
A tax break for churches forces all American…

Con 3
Too many churches have taken advantage of the tax exemption by being politically active, being “sham” religions, or using the tax exemption to line the…

https://churchesandtaxes.procon.org/
― Noam Chomsky

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Mar 11, 2024 4:51 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 4:00 pm
Here's some profit faith Kristians pushing their Nationalist Christian agenda. This has nothing to do with Jesus or Faith. Wonder why Audiophile isn't condemning their blasphemy.

Why would he condemn when he transmits it and makes money off of it?
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Mar 11, 2024 4:58 pm

Matt wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 4:51 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 4:00 pm
Why would he condemn when he transmits it and makes money off of it?
Are you suggesting that Audiophile is a profit faith peddler?
― Noam Chomsky

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Mon Mar 11, 2024 5:07 pm

I'm not Trump supporter, my opinion has went from questioning his Bonafide's before the 2016 elections, to very tepid, at best. I did not vote for him in primary.

I think John McArthur explains the difference spiritual and political:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/rel ... s-BB1jGu0X

I only come on here to get my political opinions off my chest, I don't do that at work at all.
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Mar 11, 2024 6:03 pm

audiophile wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 5:07 pm
I think John McArthur explains the difference spiritual and political:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/rel ... s-BB1jGu0X

I bet MacArthur would like to believe there is no such thing, but there are infact politically hungry organizations using churchiness to change laws to reflect Christian Values. They want the power. Look at Hillsdale.

Are you suggesting that you do not promote candidates that vow to legislate hot topics within the Evangelical movement? Abortion for example?
― Noam Chomsky

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic