Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

If you vote today...

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Matt

If you vote today...

Post by Matt » Tue Feb 27, 2024 8:16 am

Remember - there is absolutely NO EXCUSE for voting for Donald Trump.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Rate This

Re: If you vote today...

Post by Rate This » Tue Feb 27, 2024 8:22 am

Matt wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2024 8:16 am
Remember - there is absolutely NO EXCUSE for voting for Donald Trump.
What about sticking it to those pesky liberals and their newfangled wokeness?

Round Six

Post by Round Six » Tue Feb 27, 2024 9:32 am

Voting for Haley. I'm just not seeing why she isn't doing better. Y'all that call Donald's supporters Trumptarts are on to something. Why a majority of voters want either one of the last two presidents confounds me.
Life is not a dress rehearsal. This is it. There's no going back, and we can only go forward before we run out of runway.

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:23 am

Prediction:
Trump 73 Haley 26

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:24 am

Round Six wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2024 9:32 am
Voting for Haley. I'm just not seeing why she isn't doing better. Y'all that call Donald's supporters Trumptarts are on to something. Why a majority of voters want either one of the last two presidents confounds me.
Probably a sign of how far we’ve come in both this being a team sport and the bitterness of the last election which because of Trump keeping the election was stolen canard going has caused a bit of a my guy is better than yours complex on both sides. People are having trouble moving on from 2020 I think.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:25 am

bmw wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:23 am
Prediction:
Trump 73 Haley 26
Trump is essentially an incumbent… losing a quarter or more in a primary is not a great sign even if some of those folks come home.

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:31 am

Biden IS an incumbent and his primary numbers are very similar.

Point being, given the number of independents running this time around in the general, 45% may be enough to win any given state. The million dollar question is, which side has more voters who will "come home" as you put it?

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:38 am

bmw wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:31 am
Biden IS an incumbent and his primary numbers are very similar.

Point being, given the number of independents running this time around in the general, 45% may be enough to win any given state. The million dollar question is, which side has more voters who will "come home" as you put it?
The independents have to get on the ballots first and that is hardly a certain thing with signature requirements sometimes being high. My guess is that there are voters who don’t believe Trump will really be the nominee and won’t support him and they’ll abandon him. He operates on such thin margins as it is that a 5% or so loss of GOP voters would sink him. We are mostly getting GOP leaning pollsters spitting out polls right now with the neutral pollsters largely not active yet. Emerson and Harris have skewed rightward for some time now. I think the ones that put this as a 1-2 point race within the margin of error largely have the right of it.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:53 am

I voted for Haley. The only contest on my ballot was the Presidential primary. Shortest ballot I've ever seen.

I voted around 9:40 this morning and cast roughly the 50th ballot from my precinct (which leans Dem).

I will say the TV ads Haley is running in the Detroit market were poorly done. Her "nursing home" quip could be offensive to elderly voters, and of all issues to bring up, she mentions "term limits" ? Good grief. That's not exactly a pressing issue for most voters this cycle. Congress is not as elderly as she claims, by the way.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Feb 27, 2024 11:00 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:53 am
I voted for Haley. The only contest on my ballot was the Presidential primary. Shortest ballot I've ever seen.

I voted around 9:40 this morning and cast roughly the 50th ballot from my precinct (which leans Dem).

I will say the TV ads Haley is running in the Detroit market were poorly done. Her "nursing home" quip could be offensive to elderly voters, and of all issues to bring up, she mentions "term limits" ? Good grief. That's not exactly a pressing issue for most voters this cycle. Congress is not as elderly as she claims, by the way.
Average age for a house member is 57 and for a Senator 65. I’ll let you decide how elderly that is.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue Feb 27, 2024 11:40 am

Round Six wrote:
It's really quite simple.

Trump supporters are conservatives that want to see the far left progressives, the woke mob and the deep state, liars and cheaters, punished for shitting all over the carpet of our country. Trump is viewed as the candidate that will rub their noses deep in those piles of shit.
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Feb 27, 2024 11:41 am

Bryce wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2024 11:40 am
Round Six wrote:

Trump supporters are conservatives that want to see the far left progressives, the woke mob and the deep state, liars and cheaters, punished for shitting all over the carpet of our country. Trump is viewed as the candidate that will rub their noses deep in those piles of shit.
Great governing model.. real success in the making there. We should take bets on how quickly the country crashes and burns.

P.S. Trump isn’t a conservative. He’s a wannabe authoritarian who could give a rip about any issues you hold dear including woke this that and the other. He’s also a paper tiger that wilts when the going gets tough. He doesn’t have the balls to rub anybody’s nose in anything.

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:09 pm

Bryce wrote:
Round Six wrote:

How does that help the country?
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:11 pm

Matt wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:09 pm
Bryce wrote:
Round Six wrote:

For a group of people that claim to love the country they want to burn everything down which shows that they actually strongly dislike the country and the way it works. Helping the country isn’t on the agenda.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:47 pm

Matt wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:09 pm
Bryce wrote:
Round Six wrote:

Well, first by closing the border and maybe putting a dent in the flow of fentanyl that caused 109,680 overdose deaths in 2022 and stopping and or deporting the illegal criminals like the one that killed Augusta University nursing student Laken Riley. The people that are allowing these things to happen should be held accountable.
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic