Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Dark Nikki is the best Nikki

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Lester The Nightfly

Dark Nikki is the best Nikki

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Sat Feb 10, 2024 8:27 pm

Trump attacks Haley for absence of her husband, who is deployed

https://www.cnn.com/2024/02/10/politics ... index.html

Former President Donald Trump used a rally in South Carolina on Saturday to attack rival Nikki Haley in her home state — and to mock the absence of her husband, who is deployed overseas.

“Where’s her husband? Oh, he’s away. … What happened to her husband? Where is he? He’s gone,” Trump said at his rally in Conway, his first visit to the state this year.

Michael Haley is deployed in Africa with the South Carolina Army National Guard in support of the United States Africa Command, his second active-duty deployment overseas.

Nikki Haley fired back at Trump’s comments later Saturday, saying, “If you mock the service of a combat veteran, you don’t deserve a driver’s license, let alone being president of the United States.”

“Donald, if you have something to say, don’t say it behind my back; get on a debate stage and say it to my face,” she told a crowd in Gilbert, South Carolina.

Notably, former first lady Melania Trump has not joined her husband for any public campaign events since his presidential announcement in November 2022 and has not appeared alongside him at any of his court appearances.

On-brand.

Honeyman

Re: Dark Nikki is the best Nikki

Post by Honeyman » Sat Feb 10, 2024 8:49 pm

"He's the man for me!"----bmw

"What a great American!"-----Bryce

"God loves Trump"---- audiophile
The censorship king from out of state.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sat Feb 10, 2024 9:44 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2024 8:49 pm

BUT WHAT ABOUT
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sat Feb 10, 2024 9:47 pm

This makes me pine for the times when questioning the Bush administration would get you hit with "Why do you hate America? Why do you hate freedom so much? Go live under Saddam if it's so great".
-TurkeyTop

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:17 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2024 9:47 pm
This makes me pine for the times when questioning the Bush administration would get you hit with "Why do you hate America? Why do you hate freedom so much? Go live under Saddam if it's so great".
Those would be the same people trying to arrest Trump for hearing him talk about a servicemen that way. But now they are his supporters… it’s weird man.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:52 pm

Rate This wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:17 pm
Mega Hertz wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2024 9:47 pm
Those would be the same people trying to arrest Trump for hearing him talk about a servicemen that way. But now they are his supporters… it’s weird man.
I want to be transparent.

When I was in high school, I wrote for the school newspaper. I had my own opinion column and also wrote for the humor page. We invaded Iraq during my senior year. That spring, we were all invited to take our stories to the Macomb Daily. I wrote my opinion piece, supporting going into Iraq. At the time, I had just turned 18 years old and a scared kid who witnessed what happened on 9/11. I wanted to do what we had to do to not have that happen again.

However, by the end of the year, I started to see how it was a cliché marketing campaign. You started getting backed into a corner when you voiced complaints about the war. It was mindless yammering. As time went on, I became more and more progressive and felt more comfortable in my own skin. I helped the Kerry campaign in 2004, but looking back, the Democrats were Republican lite. I was still able to vote Republican if I felt it called for it, but what happened with Obama and the shit the Republicans pulled, I was done. I did vote Romney in 2012, but I was deep into addiction and didn't exactly have the clearest mind.
-TurkeyTop

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sun Feb 11, 2024 12:44 am

Mega Hertz wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2024 9:44 pm
Honeyman wrote:

Did they really say those things? Wow?
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Feb 11, 2024 7:05 am

Haley's only possible path to victory is to run as a third-party or independent general election candidate. She will not be the GOP nominee, and getting soundly defeated in her home state in a GOP primary will be a major blemish for her. The Trumpbots control the Republican Party.

If she were to run as a third-party or independent general election candidate, she would receive a ton of $$$ from pro-business groups who are leery of Trump. Campaign funding would not be an issue.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:52 am

Turkeytop wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2024 12:44 am
Mega Hertz wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2024 9:44 pm
Honeyman wrote:

Did they really say those things? Wow?
No.
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Feb 11, 2024 9:31 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2024 7:05 am
Haley's only possible path to victory is to run as a third-party or independent general election candidate. She will not be the GOP nominee, and getting soundly defeated in her home state in a GOP primary will be a major blemish for her. The Trumpbots control the Republican Party.

If she were to run as a third-party or independent general election candidate, she would receive a ton of $$$ from pro-business groups who are leery of Trump. Campaign funding would not be an issue.
But that’s not really a path at all… she’s got no chance of winning that way either.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sun Feb 11, 2024 9:56 am

Maybe 3rd place and Biden winning would be a victory in her eyes?

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:09 am

bmw wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2024 9:56 am
Maybe 3rd place and Biden winning would be a victory in her eyes?
That would be a victory in her eyes. It’s probably a tight race to get on the ballot in a lot of places though.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:14 am

audiophile wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:52 am
No.
While Honeyman improperly used quotation marks, I will use them properly in regards to his political opinion:

Gavin Newsom is:
"deplorable"
"a phony"
"dishonest"
"Out for himself"
"duplicit"
"a douche bag"
"[a] hypocrite"
"reprehensible"

Also:
"would be an abject disaster [as President]"
"I can't stand Newsom"
"Fuck you, Newsom"
"I hated Newsom"

Today:
"If it was an election between Trump and Newsom, I would 100% prefer that Newsom won."

"I honestly don't know what I would do if I still lived in Michigan and my vote might actually count. I believe I would still vote third party, but the actual belief of a 2nd Trump term might indeed sway me."

================

So here's what I have to say. If you're able to possibly be swayed into voting for a deplorable, phony, dishonest, duplicit, reprehensible douche bag hypocrite who would would be an abject disaster as President, then who the hell are you to criticize ANYONE for voting for Trump?

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:34 am

bmw wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:14 am
audiophile wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:52 am
No.
While Honeyman improperly used quotation marks, I will use them properly in regards to his political opinion:

Gavin Newsom is:
"deplorable"
"a phony"
"dishonest"
"Out for himself"
"duplicit"
"a douche bag"
"[a] hypocrite"
"reprehensible"

Also:
"would be an abject disaster [as President]"
"I can't stand Newsom"
"Fuck you, Newsom"
"I hated Newsom"

Today:
"If it was an election between Trump and Newsom, I would 100% prefer that Newsom won."

"I honestly don't know what I would do if I still lived in Michigan and my vote might actually count. I believe I would still vote third party, but the actual belief of a 2nd Trump term might indeed sway me."

================

So here's what I have to say. If you're able to possibly be swayed into voting for a deplorable, phony, dishonest, duplicit, reprehensible douche bag hypocrite who would would be an abject disaster as President, then who the hell are you to criticize ANYONE for voting for Trump?
If I gave as much of a shit as you do about each others opinions, I'd search and find that "Never Trump" thread you started. But I don't.
The censorship king from out of state.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:42 am

Honeyman wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:34 am
If I gave as much of a shit as you do about each others opinions, I'd search and find that "Never Trump" thread you started. But I don't.
Yeah, it's pretty clear you don't care since you're in here falsely attributing quotes to people for things that they didn't actually say. Quotation marks indicate exact words spoken, so when you put quotes around things people didn't actually say, then yes, they have a right to get a little bent out of shape about it. Especially when others who don't know what was said take it as truth (ie, TT) and respond perplexed.

So since you're putting words into my mouth that I didn't say and giving me crap for saying I'll vote for Trump, it was only fair that I retorted with things you actually did say (which, btw, took an entire 30 seconds by simply clicking on your name and typing "Newsom" in the search box).

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic