Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Biden is DONE

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Round Six

Re: Biden is DONE

Post by Round Six » Fri Feb 09, 2024 10:33 am

bmw wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:24 pm
.... On the Republican side, I disagree with the idea that Trump is Biden's best shot. The single largest segment of the Republican party is MAGA, and that group is likely to stay home in large numbers if it were anybody other than Trump ...
Soooo ... If the MAGA's stay home, that don't help Biden? (I may delete this post if someone asked the same thing).

Life is not a dress rehearsal. This is it. There's no going back, and we can only go forward before we run out of runway.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Fri Feb 09, 2024 10:37 am

Round Six wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2024 10:33 am
bmw wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:24 pm
.... On the Republican side, I disagree with the idea that Trump is Biden's best shot. The single largest segment of the Republican party is MAGA, and that group is likely to stay home in large numbers if it were anybody other than Trump ...
Soooo ... If the MAGA's stay home, that don't help Biden? (I may delete this post if someone asked the same thing).
If Trump wasn't running, DeSantis wouldn't have carried MAGA.
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

radiofann

Post by radiofann » Fri Feb 09, 2024 10:41 am

Serious proposal: Given the porous open borders, I contend Texas and Arizona and California could at the state level kick joe Biden off the ballot due to his administrations dereliction of duty in keeping US citizens safe. Similar to Colorado kicking trump off the ballot.

California would not touch this, but New York might given the impact of of the situation on their city.

Round Six

Post by Round Six » Fri Feb 09, 2024 10:42 am

zzand wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2024 6:05 am
I think we could see Gavin Newsome and Michelle Obama warming up int he bullpen to run.
Don't see it happening. Just like the GOP is all in for Trump, despite all the legal stuff going on, the Democrats will stay all in for Biden, no matter how his mental facilities are slipping.

I do think the press would love to bitch slap Democratic leaders to do what you say. But they won't.
Life is not a dress rehearsal. This is it. There's no going back, and we can only go forward before we run out of runway.

Round Six

Post by Round Six » Fri Feb 09, 2024 10:51 am

radiofann wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2024 10:41 am
Serious proposal: Given the porous open borders, I contend Texas and Arizona and California could at the state level kick joe Biden off the ballot due to his administrations dereliction of duty in keeping US citizens safe. Similar to Colorado kicking trump off the ballot.

California would not touch this, but New York might given the impact of of the situation on their city.
That's a wild thought. And California would have to come up with a replacement. Home boy Newsome? Would NY go along? An unfortunate side effect the Democrats didn't anticipate when they backed up Colorado in front of the Supremes.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Feb 09, 2024 11:17 am

Round Six wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2024 10:51 am
radiofann wrote:

That's a wild thought. And California would have to come up with a replacement. Home boy Newsome? Would NY go along? An unfortunate side effect the Democrats didn't anticipate when they backed up Colorado in front of the Supremes.
You guys are stuck with Biden Vs. Trump part two whether you like it or not. There is no bullpen warming up. Not nominating him when 80%+ of Democrats want the guy would be political suicide.

zzand

Post by zzand » Fri Feb 09, 2024 11:19 am

Interesting idea but it is pretty certain the SCOTUS will come down against Colorado which makes this a pointless argument. If they don't I Could see all Democrat states wiping Trump off the ballots and all Republican states doing the same for Biden or whoever ends up their nominee.

teetoppz28

Post by teetoppz28 » Fri Feb 09, 2024 12:14 pm

Rate This wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2024 11:17 am
Round Six wrote:
radiofann wrote:

You guys are stuck with Biden Vs. Trump part two whether you like it or not. There is no bullpen warming up. Not nominating him when 80%+ of Democrats want the guy would be political suicide.
Do you have the source for that? That number cannot be that high! :shock:
Dropping knowledge on forum MAGAts.
Unapologetically intellectually superior.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Feb 09, 2024 12:28 pm

teetoppz28 wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2024 12:14 pm
Rate This wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2024 11:17 am
Round Six wrote:
radiofann wrote:

Do you have the source for that? That number cannot be that high! :shock:
Look at the poll thread… 70 or more is the norm. Close to 80 is not uncommon.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Fri Feb 09, 2024 2:04 pm

radiofann wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2024 9:15 am
Lester The Nightfly wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2024 4:56 am
Turkeytop wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:47 pm
In 1968 Lyndon Johnson realized he could not win re-election. On March 31, 1968 he announced that he was withdrawing from the election and would not seek the nomination.
To be fair there was a little dustup in Southeast Asia that was evaporating any chance he may have had for reelection. You remember that right, when all the conscientious objectors went north and discovered the goodness that Timmie's brings to the world.
“Timmies” = Timothy Leary, referring to drugs?
Tim Hortons. It's an excellent way of telling me you haven't spent much time in Canada without telling me you haven't spent much time in Canada.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Feb 09, 2024 2:31 pm

Republicans complete flame out on immigration reform this week is what most politically savvy people are focused on.

None of these smoking guns BMW mentions means anything to anyone except the MAGA crowd who cry fowl every time Biden sneezes.

Trump has been charged with 91 felonies. If that doesn't persuade you that he is a person of bad character, we really should be ignoring you. Ever think that Trump refuses to debate because he isn't mentally capable of doing it?

I pay attention to Matt and ZZAND who are both Republicans looking for a real Presidential candidate. Anything the Maga crowd has to offer isn't worth getting in a twist about.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Feb 09, 2024 3:30 pm

bmw wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2024 8:44 am
Matt wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2024 7:38 am
In a two way race, I'm voting for Newsome/Obama over Trump.
If you were to pull the lever for Gavin or Michelle, you would lose any and all rights to accuse any Trump voter of abandoning their principles in voting for Trump.

Either that, or you are in fact a closet liberal as I have long suspected.
This is not a logical statement. Trump is such an abhorrent and offensive candidate that I would actively vote against him. I'm embarrassed that he got my vote twice. I'm even more embarrassed for those of you who are eager to vote for him a third time.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Feb 09, 2024 5:45 pm

They're trying to take Biden out before the convention so as to get a different Democrat candidate.
I agree with this.

Nolan Finley speculated Merrick Garland allowed the senility-related language to remain in the Special Prosecutor's report for that very reason.

I suspect Mr. Finley is correct.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Fri Feb 09, 2024 6:00 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2024 5:45 pm
They're trying to take Biden out before the convention so as to get a different Democrat candidate.
I agree with this.

Nolan Finley speculated Merrick Garland allowed the senility-related language to remain in the Special Prosecutor's report for that very reason.

I don't think so. If Garland struck that comment from the report and it came out later, the furor would be tripled along with claims of political cover-up.
The censorship king from out of state.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Feb 09, 2024 6:40 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2024 5:45 pm
I agree with this.

Nolan Finley is an idiot. The Hur report was a hit job… there are apparently 5 hours of interviews with Biden that Hur did… they should be released. This supposed senility stuff should be judged by the country instead of taking what clearly looks like a guy with his GOP thumb on the scales word for it.

I think it’s far more likely Hur is gunning for Trumps attention to get a plumb job in a potential administration.

A guy who doesn’t know where he is at all IS NOT going to be able to read a teleprompter for 25 minutes or survive a barrage of questions right after in a press conference without flinching. Clearly you have never been around people who are actually losing it. I have. Biden is NOT losing it. Not even remotely close.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic