Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Why does Biden need new legislation to "shut down" the border?

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Bryce

Re: Why does Biden need new legislation to "shut down" the border?

Post by Bryce » Sat Jan 27, 2024 5:22 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2024 4:53 pm
You don't spend much time on corporate meetings do you?
You mean those meetings where geniuses like the people that came up with New Coke and the Dylan Molvani Bud Light promotion reside?

They probably had masters degrees too.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Jan 27, 2024 6:42 pm

bmw wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:06 am
zzand wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2024 10:57 am
I believe the why is right now with the situation in Texas he is looking like a fool during an election year and he needs to make a positive step to close it to illegal crossings. I understand why Trump wants to torpedo the bill so he can use it for his campaign but I personally think he needs to be ignored.
I disagree with regards to Trump's reasons for wanting to torpedo the bill. I, myself, am highly skeptical of any legislation being hammered out behind closed doors that is supposedly "bi-partisan."

As to Biden, his problem is we've reached critical mass with the illegals that are here. They're everywhere. Even in my small town in northern Michigan.
And what sort of work are they doing there?

For that matter did you ask them and verify they are illegal?

radiofann

Post by radiofann » Sun Jan 28, 2024 9:17 am

From the beginning of his term, Biden has welcomed asylum seekers to surge to the border and cross.

For the situation to continue, it is currently the #1 issue on voters mind, surpassing the economy and inflation. It will continue to be an issue leading to his loss in November.

Should he all of a sudden claim he can close the border, as if he could have all along, as an election year negotiating chip with republicans, he opens himself up to impeachment due to dereliction of duty on the security on the border.

Republicans in no better position either, they are eager for the disaster to continue, thru November, to their advantage at the polls.

A most extremely sickening and cynical illegal and criminal open border issue, all four years , used by both parties.

Biden brought this on himself.
I am no fan of Trump, and he had an immigration spike in 2017 or 2018, but his team negotiated “stay in Mexico” and other programs, to the tune of the lowest border crossings in four decades.

radiofann

Post by radiofann » Sun Jan 28, 2024 9:19 am

And Obama had an illegal immigration spike in 2014 , he worked to get it down, and had low border crossings as well, and was even known as “deporter in chief”. His border traffic was very low compared to Biden’s current disaster

Go figure

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sun Jan 28, 2024 9:34 am

Bryce wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2024 5:22 pm
TC Talks wrote:
You mean those meetings where geniuses like the people that came up with New Coke and the Dylan Molvani Bud Light promotion reside?

No, man. The Bryce is right. The company I work for is run by people that have degrees above their desks but don't know their asses from a hole in the ground. When they come out with a new directive, it's either stupid or makes things harder.
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Deleted User 16173

Post by Deleted User 16173 » Sun Jan 28, 2024 10:00 am

Mega Hertz wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2024 9:34 am
Bryce wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2024 5:22 pm
TC Talks wrote:

No, man. The Bryce is right. The company I work for is run by people that have degrees above their desks but don't know their asses from a hole in the ground. When they come out with a new directive, it's either stupid or makes things harder.
💯 agree. It seems the higher the degree the dumber and more ignorant that individual is.

radiofann

Post by radiofann » Sun Jan 28, 2024 1:28 pm

The Biden open border policy was entirely his own making, I am assuming a fish tossed to the deep progressive crowd thanking them for electing him.

To Biden’s credit, he continued some of trumps other policies, such as tariffs on Chinese stuff, he ratcheted up penalties on chip and tech companies if they did business with China, thereby starving China of advanced chip technologies (although they have wiggled around that somewhat).

He repaired relationships with NATO that Trump had broken, and he built alliances with South Korea, Australia, and Japan to strengthen security in That region should China decide to invade Taiwan. Whether or not this would withstand an actual military action of China against tiwan, remains to be seen. But he has given strength and confident dialogue on this area.
He has tried to partner with India however the Indian president is a slippery backstabber whose loyalty quickly flips to Russia.

Biden has given support to Ukraine, whether or not one agrees with the policy, he has developed this
Policy himself.

He pulled out of Afghanistan, sticking with a timetable that Trump team started. I cannot believe trump team ever trusted the taliban on that one.

Bottom line, he has continued some Trump policies and forged his own.

The full-on open border policies letting in 8 million people of unknown intent or origin is fully his making and will cause him to lose to Trump or whomever the republican nominee is come November.

teetoppz28

Post by teetoppz28 » Tue Jan 30, 2024 5:03 pm

Bryce just broke his monitor by throwing a rock at the Youtube preview in the OP...

Damn, did he just break another throwing a rock at this post?? :rollin
Dropping knowledge on forum MAGAts.
Unapologetically intellectually superior.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Tue Jan 30, 2024 9:40 pm

teetoppz28 wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2024 5:03 pm

Bryce just broke his monitor by throwing a rock at the Youtube preview in the OP...

Damn, did he just break another throwing a rock at this post?? :rollin
That's a standard "it's the other guy's fault" answer. I was hoping for something more than that.
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Deleted User 16173

Post by Deleted User 16173 » Tue Jan 30, 2024 10:12 pm

I think her curls are wrapped too tight. Her facial expression shows pain.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Feb 02, 2024 3:34 pm

It's worth noting that the senate was working on a bipartisan bill that would beef up border security and provide ample funding for enforcement.... something Republicans ostensibly are all for... and then Trump chimed in and told them not to because he needs the issue to run on in the fall and solving it now would hurt that tactic. So when he carps about the border.... he doesn't give a damn about any of it. It's just a performative political stunt to give his base what he wants to hear. He will even advocate for no action so he can gain power again. He is playing his base for the fools they are. Trump had 4 years to "solve" this problem and whatta ya know... he didn't because he doesn't care a whit about it.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Fri Feb 02, 2024 4:13 pm

The Schumer / McConnel bill will be fast tracked in an attempt to, as Mike Lee said, "deny senators any real opportunity to read, digest, and debate the measure on its merits, much less introduce, consider, and vote on amendments to fix any perceived problems with the bill or otherwise improve it."

The whole thing was crafted in secret.

Kind of like the "We've got to pass it so you can see what's in it," Pelosi trick.

I dislike McConnel just as much as Schumer. They're both sleazy as hell.
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Fri Feb 02, 2024 5:17 pm

Bryce wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2024 4:13 pm

Says a Donald Trump supporter.
The censorship king from out of state.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Feb 02, 2024 5:21 pm

Bryce wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2024 4:13 pm
The Schumer / McConnel bill will be fast tracked in an attempt to, as Mike Lee said, "deny senators any real opportunity to read, digest, and debate the measure on its merits, much less introduce, consider, and vote on amendments to fix any perceived problems with the bill or otherwise improve it."

The whole thing was crafted in secret.

Kind of like the "We've got to pass it so you can see what's in it," Pelosi trick.

That's utter horseshit. They had momentum until Trump told them to back off. It would be fast tracked in an effort to pass it. Not because some boogeyman of the month that gets Republicans votes with the rubes is in it.

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Feb 02, 2024 5:28 pm

29 replies in and I have yet to see any attempt to answer my original question: Why does Biden need this legislation in order to shut down our southern border?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic