Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Are You OK With Banks Helping Government Spy On Loyal Citizens?

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
teetoppz28

Re: Are You OK With Banks Helping Government Spy On Loyal Citizens?

Post by teetoppz28 » Fri Jan 19, 2024 12:15 pm

been smokin' his daddy's peen wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2024 11:15 am
teetoppz28 wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2024 10:49 am
That whataboutism really looks good on you... unlike that shit-stained MAGA hat.
I never had a MAGA hat.

You undoubtedly have one of these though.

Awwww, look at you trying so hard!! :rollin

Dropping knowledge on forum MAGAts.
Unapologetically intellectually superior.

HD74

Post by HD74 » Fri Jan 19, 2024 2:29 pm

Wait, what? Birds aren't real?? Who the f#ck is shi##ing on my car under the power line? psyop? Why does the government want me to wash my car? So confused...Taco, where did you get that Olde English? Need to ponder all these revelations...
You're never too old to learn something stupid.

teetoppz28

Post by teetoppz28 » Fri Jan 19, 2024 2:41 pm

HD74 wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2024 2:29 pm
Wait, what? Birds aren't real?? Who the f#ck is shi##ing on my car under the power line? psyop? Why does the government want me to wash my car? So confused...Taco, where did you get that Olde English? Need to ponder all these revelations...
Surprisingly, our Meijer still carries it, along with its brethren malt liquor staples like St. Ides and King Cobra! Grabbed some Steel Reserve a bit ago, just for old times sake. :hat
Dropping knowledge on forum MAGAts.
Unapologetically intellectually superior.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Jan 19, 2024 4:46 pm

Ben Zonia wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2024 10:19 am
TC Talks wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2024 8:52 pm
Back to the thread...

That bird truck is either somebody's sick idea of a joke or a False Flag Psyop. No one would believe that somebody would do that otherwise. That truck is not real. If you took even a couple of PSY 100 level courses, you would recognize Behavior Modification techniques like this. Make your opponents look crazy and people won't believe them when they tell the truth.

Remember that people like this get paid for creating Psyops like this all day long. Intelligence agencies and militaries have used animals for spying for decades. They already have literal flies on the wall. And worse things in warfare. Like rigging animals with explosives.

It was a guy trying a social experiment. He held up a sign saying that and started some social accounts and it took off. People want to belong to a group no matter how idiotic. Psych lesson over.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Jan 20, 2024 8:35 am

The OP seems to make a supposition that U.S. regulated banks somehow have a "choice" in what info they provide or do not provide to the government.

This is not the case. Banks are required by federal law to report certain suspicious transactions to the feds.

Now, I will say the question of whether the feds are overreaching is certainly legitimate. Such criticisms should be directed toward federal law enforcement and regulatory agencies, such as FinCEN as noted in the NY Post article to which Ben Zonia linked.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Sat Jan 20, 2024 11:49 am

Those regulations were supposed to be to track mobsters and other felony criminals, not people who Constitutionally and peacefully assemble, and at the absolute worst, committed an obscure misdemeanor, as evidenced by thousands of exculpatory and previously withheld videos, and are held without bond for years without trial. This fishing expedition was clearly an abuse of power, and extended way beyond whatever those laws and regulations intended.

Meanwhile, people who heist jewelry stores and convenience stores, beat people to a pulp, assault them violently, knife them, shoot them dead, rape them, and other horrible things are not hunted down, and if caught are released after hearings, never to return, because they are of demographics they think will vote for them.

BTW, I closed my 5/3 accounts years ago. Gone were the friendly elements of the old Old Kent. Still better than this BOA Constrictor though.

Meanwhile, Chase is chasing customers away by treating them like Bonnie and Clyde, in my opinion.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Camel%27s_nose
"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

Deleted User 16173

Post by Deleted User 16173 » Sat Jan 20, 2024 2:45 pm

Not only is the government spying on us, so does Google.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sat Jan 20, 2024 5:03 pm

Mark Nelson wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2024 2:45 pm
So, what do you think, everyone? Is it him again?
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Round Six

Post by Round Six » Sat Jan 20, 2024 7:34 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2024 5:03 pm
You got too much time on your hands.
Life is not a dress rehearsal. This is it. There's no going back, and we can only go forward before we run out of runway.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Jan 20, 2024 10:22 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Mark Nelson wrote:
No.

kager

Post by kager » Sat Jan 20, 2024 11:45 pm

ByeDon Government also wants a new rule that could limit bank overdraft fees to as little as $3.
Turkeytop wrote:
Mark Nelson wrote:
I wouldn't rule it out.

At the very least, it seems like a retread of a former user...
"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Jan 21, 2024 12:53 am

kager wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2024 11:45 pm
ByeDon Government also wants a new rule that could limit bank overdraft fees to as little as $3.
Turkeytop wrote:
Mark Nelson wrote:
I wouldn't rule it out.

That sure beats $30… go ahead and kick them when they are down why don’t we?

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Jan 21, 2024 8:36 am

Somewhat off topic, but I noticed Capital One at some point in the not too distant past quietly reduced the APY on its 360 Money Market accounts to a puny 0.80% on all balance tiers. (I cannot rule out that there may be some promotional rates on new accounts that pay a much higher rate of interest.)

Multiple other online deposit accounts still pay a 4.00% APY or higher. CIT Bank, AMEX, Discover, Sallie Mae and Ally are among the institutions that still pay an APY above 4.00%. In fact, CIT Bank is paying 5.05% on balances of $5,000 or greater. CIT Bank is a wholly owned subsidiary of Raleigh-based First Citizens. If that name sounds familiar, it is likely because the Fed sold the failed Silicon Valley Bank's assets & liabilities to First Citizens.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

kager

Post by kager » Sun Jan 21, 2024 11:08 am

Rate This wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 12:53 am
kager wrote:
Turkeytop wrote:
Mark Nelson wrote:
I wouldn't rule it out.

They? We?

So you champion a $3 charge because overdrafts only affect the downtrodden? Those who knew the overdraft fee charge applied to them when they signed up, but cannot be expected to take responsibility for managing their own checking accounts? Where's the incentive to change behaviour if people only get doinked $3 each time they do it?

There are plenty of banks & CUs who either have "overdraft forgiveness" or no-fee overdrafts featured as a part of their accounts. Sometimes even those who don't have the feature will forgive an existing charge with a phone call from customers in good standing. Why not move to one of them?

The excuse well for those with overdrafts hopefully dries up without yet another press release/gov mandate designed to make the current administration look good.
Last edited by kager on Sun Jan 21, 2024 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Jan 21, 2024 11:11 am

kager wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 11:08 am
Rate This wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 12:53 am
kager wrote:
Turkeytop wrote:
Mark Nelson wrote:
I wouldn't rule it out.

They? We?

So you champion a $3 charge because overdrafts only affect the downtrodden? Those who knew the overdraft fee charge applied to them when they signed up, but cannot be expected to take responsibility for managing their own checking accounts? Where's the incentive to change behaviour if they only get doinked $3 each time they do it?

There are plenty of banks & CUs who either have "overdraft forgiveness" or no-fee overdrafts featured as a part of their accounts. Sometimes even those who don't have the feature will forgive an existing charge with a phone call from customers in good standing. Why not move to one of them?

The excuse well for those with overdrafts hopefully dries up without yet another press release/gov mandate designed to make the current administration look good.
That second part could be an education issue and yes there are screwballs out there overdrawing without a care. There are also lots of folks living one thing coming out before that next check because the draft is the 16th and the check is the 17th away from overdrawing. Charging them $30 after they are a hundred and some behind and have part of their meager check eaten getting back to even only to have that cycle repeat itself is complete insanity. $5? Sure. $30 will fuck you over if you’re living with your finances on a knifes edge. Been there and done that.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic