Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

2024 Primary Results Thread

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
zzand

Re: 2024 Primary Results Thread

Post by zzand » Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:57 am

I am fully prepared for the orange fucker to win. I also am prepared to laugh my ass off if the demo control congress, one or both houses refuse to certify the electoral votes using the insurrection clause. Remember the SCOTUS said only congress can do it and you know they are working on just that or impeachment already.

zzand

Post by zzand » Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:20 am

Just finished reading an interesting article talking about Trump's financial issues. He can't come up with the full amount of either court ordered settlement and may have to fire sale properties to raise it. Also his campaign is short of funds and right now can't compete with the Biden campaign. He wants a one on one with Elon Musk but Musk is on record as saying he won't be backing either candidate with donations of any size. Obviously his base will support him no matter what but he will need lots of cash to reach the independents, undecided and if exit polls are correct the college educated and suburban housewives oh and try to turn the Never Trump crowd. I doubt the never crowd can be swayed, I know I can't, and his rabid base is not enough to win. Maybe the Koch Brothers will bail him out. They are staying quiet right now which I find interesting.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:26 am

zzand wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:20 am
Just finished reading an interesting article talking about Trump's financial issues. He can't come up with the full amount of either court ordered settlement and may have to fire sale properties to raise it. Also his campaign is short of funds and right now can't compete with the Biden campaign. He wants a one on one with Elon Musk but Musk is on record as saying he won't be backing either candidate with donations of any size. Obviously his base will support him no matter what but he will need lots of cash to reach the independents, undecided and if exit polls are correct the college educated and suburban housewives oh and try to turn the Never Trump crowd. I doubt the never crowd can be swayed, I know I can't, and his rabid base is not enough to win. Maybe the Koch Brothers will bail him out. They are staying quiet right now which I find interesting.
But....but.....but.....he said he's worth BILLIONS. Are you insinuating Donald Trump might not be telling the truth?!?
The censorship king from out of state.

zzand

Post by zzand » Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:52 am

Nope, saying he may not have the liquid wealth to cover it all. That was implied in the article. Many richie rich types don't have H*** amounts of money, it is tied up in things like the stock market or in Trump's case real estate.

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Mar 07, 2024 12:36 pm

If Trump wins the Electoral College, there is no way enough members of Congress would commit political suicide by invoking the 14th Amendment and refusing to certify the results.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Mar 07, 2024 1:34 pm

bmw wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 12:36 pm
If Trump wins the Electoral College, there is no way enough members of Congress would commit political suicide by invoking the 14th Amendment and refusing to certify the results.
If there were majorities of Democrats that probably wouldn’t be political suicide at all.

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Mar 07, 2024 1:59 pm

bmw wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 12:36 pm
He's said he'd be a dictator on day 1, so start the impeachment hearings on January 21. Impeach him, and let Mitch McConnell be the deciding vote that removes the unstable moron from office.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

zzand

Post by zzand » Thu Mar 07, 2024 4:25 pm

If democrats run both houses there will be no political suicide involved. They would deserve a parade. I also bet the sane ex members of the Republican party, there are some, would also be happy it happened.

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Mar 08, 2024 7:53 am

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Fri Mar 08, 2024 3:08 pm

Katie phrased things poorly here, as she is prone to do. Her main point was correct, however. Schiff basically spent millions and ran ads for Garvey to make sure he was the 2nd highest vote getter and would run against him in November. That isn't "rigged", but it is pretty unethical. Schiff is loved by Pelosi and the CA Dem elites, so the ends justify the means to them. Katie is the odd woman out. And ironically, despite having 2 women senators for years, there will be 2 men holding those seats.

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Mar 08, 2024 3:14 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 3:08 pm
Katie phrased things poorly here, as she is prone to do. Her main point was correct, however. Schiff basically spent millions and ran ads for Garvey to make sure he was the 2nd highest vote getter and would run against him in November. That isn't "rigged", but it is pretty unethical. Schiff is loved by Pelosi and the CA Dem elites, so the ends justify the means to them. Katie is the odd woman out. And ironically, despite having 2 women senators for years, there will be 2 men holding those seats.
Well...

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Mar 08, 2024 3:31 pm

Honeyman wrote:
The technical term for him propping up Garvey like that is Ratfucking.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:01 pm

Rate This wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 3:31 pm
Honeyman wrote:
https://www.yahoo.com/news/opinion-stev ... 03179.html

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:33 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:01 pm
Rate This wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 3:31 pm
Honeyman wrote:
https://www.yahoo.com/news/opinion-stev ... 03179.html
That article is spot on… ranked choice voting works. A few states have it and haven’t had issues… it would even make you guys who are talking third party happy as you would have your protest and a meaningful end vote too.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:27 pm

Super Tuesday Results on the GOP side in round figures...

Alabama:
Trump 83
Haley 13

Alaska:
Trump 88
Haley 12

Arkansas:
Trump 77
Haley 18

California:
Trump 79
Haley 18

Colorado:
Trump 63
Haley 33

Maine:
Trump 73
Haley 25

Massachusetts:
Trump 60
Haley 37

Minnesota:
Trump 69
Haley 29

North Carolina:
Trump 74
Haley 23

Oklahoma:
Trump 82
Haley 16

Tennessee:
Trump 77
Haley 20

Texas:
Trump 78
Haley 17

Utah:
Trump 56
Haley 43

Vermont:
Haley 49
Trump 45

Virginia:
Trump 63
Haley 35

Question of the year... Can Trump shore up whatever is gettable of the GOP Voters in the Haley totals?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic