Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 6 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Bin Laden sympathizers inside the US

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Rate This

Re: Bin Laden sympathizers inside the US

Post by Rate This » Wed Dec 27, 2023 9:22 pm

bmw wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2023 9:19 pm
So here's my question - how many people born between 1938 and 1949 had a positive view of Hitler in 1967? I'd wager it is nowhere near 31 percent.
Maybe not... but they had a far less fractured media landscape to navigate. I'm still willing to bet real money that it drops if you add in that he's behind 9/11. Keep in mind we have always had Neo-nazi's running around so some folks always agreed.

bmw

Post by bmw » Wed Dec 27, 2023 9:24 pm

Who in the media is saying that Biden Laden is one of the good guys?

My gut reaction was to say college professors - but I see virtually no difference in views between those with and without a degree.

So that leaves what? Social media?

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Dec 27, 2023 9:29 pm

bmw wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2023 9:24 pm

My gut reaction was to say college professors - but I see virtually no difference in views between those with and without a degree.

💯 a typo but a hilarious one at that.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

**This space lives rent-free in BMW's head**

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Dec 27, 2023 9:29 pm

bmw wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2023 9:24 pm

Random folks on the internet.... maybe some of what I'm saying once someone views a documentary examining what happened and the impetus for it geopolitically. Or they see posts examining the same thing.

bmw

Post by bmw » Wed Dec 27, 2023 9:33 pm

Matt wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2023 9:29 pm
💯 a typo but a hilarious one at that.
That must be what they call a Freudian slip :lol

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Wed Dec 27, 2023 11:46 pm

These kids are dumb. Tiktok is doing to the brains of children what FOX News did to the brains of the geriatric.

People need to take a step back and not let the media be a companion as they cope and make sense of trauma and tragedy, whether they experienced it personally or saw it on TV. For Pete's sake, 9/11 was 22 years ago. I understand why people in this thread, what bin Laden did was horrible, but getting all up in arms, it's not healthy.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Dec 28, 2023 3:10 am

Fake polls, phony polls…
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Thu Dec 28, 2023 3:45 am

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2023 3:10 am
Fake polls, phony polls…
It probably is accurate. About a month ago a letter from bin Laden to the US from back in the 00's was viral and young people were sympathizing with it.

It really is time for people on the left (which I count myself as) to prioritize cleaning up our own backyard and stop howling about the orange jackass. We have a lot of bad on our side that needs to get sorted out. The problems on the West Coast in cities like SF, Portland, etc. are in part based on poor municipal planning. Colleges have simply gone off the rails. Meanwhile, nothing is being done to sustain Social Security and Medicare. Right wing policies remain garbage, but as an alternative, we fail.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Thu Dec 28, 2023 8:28 am

TC Talks wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2023 8:40 pm
Yet, have you heard BMW ever condem the attacks on the Capitol, killing Americans? I think it's a very fair point.
Fact Check:

The only person killed during the protest at the Capitol was an unarmed Caucasian* Airforce veteran, who identified as female. She was shot and killed by a black* Capitol police officer who identified as male.

*I include the race and gender in the above comment simply because it seems to be important to do so by many of the media stories I read about incidents involving police officers.
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Dec 28, 2023 8:52 am

Bryce wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2023 8:28 am
TC Talks wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2023 8:40 pm
Yet, have you heard BMW ever condem the attacks on the Capitol, killing Americans? I think it's a very fair point.
Fact Check:

The only person killed during the protest at the Capitol was an unarmed Caucasian* Airforce veteran, who identified as female. She was shot and killed by a black* Capitol police officer who identified as male.

*I include the race and gender in the above comment simply because it seems to be important to do so by many of the media stories I read about incidents involving police officers.
Let's unpack these deceptive "Bryce Facts" shall we?
WASHINGTON — As a pro-Trump protest turned into a violent attack on the Capitol on Jan. 6 last year, four people in the crowd died.

Ashli Babbitt, an Air Force veteran, was fatally shot by a Capitol Police officer as rioters tried to breach the House chamber.

Kevin D. Greeson died of a heart attack, collapsing on the sidewalk west of the Capitol on Jan. 6.

Rosanne Boyland appeared to have been crushed in a stampede of fellow rioters as they surged against the police.

Benjamin Philips, the founder of a pro-Trump website called Trumparoo, died of a stroke.

Mr. Greeson and Mr. Philips died of natural causes, the Washington medical examiner said in April. He added that Ms. Boyland’s death was caused by an accidental overdose.

In the days and weeks after the riot, five police officers who had served at the Capitol on Jan. 6 died.

Officer Brian D. Sicknick of the Capitol Police, who was attacked by the mob, died on Jan. 7.

Officer Jeffrey Smith of the Metropolitan Police Department killed himself after the attack.

Officer Howard S. Liebengood of the Capitol Police also died by suicide four days afterward.

The Capitol Police had previously said that Officer Sicknick died from injuries sustained “while physically engaging with protesters.” The Washington medical examiner later ruled that he had died of natural causes: multiple strokes that occurred hours after Officer Sicknick’s confrontation with the mob. The medical examiner added, however, that “all that transpired played a role in his condition.”

A bipartisan Senate report, released in June, found that the seven deaths were connected to the Capitol attack. But the report was issued a month before two Metropolitan Police officers — Gunther Hashida and Kyle DeFreytag — died by suicide in July.
“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

zzand

Post by zzand » Thu Dec 28, 2023 8:56 am

I think the poll is accurate to a point and feel that some of it has to do with our college and university system. Antisemitism is at a high mark on campuses right now, according to media reports, and this would fall in line with that. Young people struggling to make sense out of anything and looking everywhere for something that might make sense of it all. Neckbeard makes very valid points. I will echo them by saying not only the left, but the right, needs to clean their houses and get things back on track before another 9-11 happens or worse

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Dec 28, 2023 9:35 am

zzand wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2023 8:56 am
I will echo them by saying not only the left, but the right, needs to clean their houses and get things back on track before another 9-11 happens or worse
How exactly do we clean houses?

Domestic terrorism from white extremists is a real threat. This population tried to kidnap a governor and attacked the US Capitol.
― Matt

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Dec 28, 2023 9:54 am

TC Talks wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2023 9:35 am
zzand wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2023 8:56 am
I will echo them by saying not only the left, but the right, needs to clean their houses and get things back on track before another 9-11 happens or worse
How exactly do we clean houses?

Domestic terrorism from white extremists is a real threat. This population tried to kidnap a governor and attacked the US Capitol.
You can start by sticking most progressives in a lock box with some duct tape to shut them up.

zzand

Post by zzand » Thu Dec 28, 2023 9:55 am

First things first. We need to get congress to work on the needs of the country and not working getting the other side. The extremists need to feel the full weight of the law and not a hand slap. That starts at the top and all the way down the line. I fear if Trump is denied the election victory, whatever the reason, there will be a mini revolution with a bad outcome for everyone. So it needs to be stopped now before it's too late, although it may already be too late. Make no mistake 9-11 and the insurrection attempt were both horrible but not on the same level at all, at least to this point. As for the future?

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Dec 28, 2023 10:32 am

38 members of Congress refuse to acknowledge anti-Semitism exists. Even more refuse to denounce the Jan 6 attacks.

Our leaders reflect the problems you cite, how will they create change?
― Matt

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic