Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Speaker of the House Mike Johnson attended purity ball with daughter

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Rate This

Re: Speaker of the House Mike Johnson attended purity ball with daughter

Post by Rate This » Sat Dec 23, 2023 5:04 pm

bmw wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2023 5:00 pm
Rate This wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2023 3:26 pm
Here is decent overview of it and the process and rules… they don’t date… they court.
https://biblicalgenderroles.com/2018/09 ... nd-dating/
That was a fascinating read. I have a cousin who courted and then got married at age 17. Now something like 16 or 17 years later, she is still happily married with 3 kids. Nicest people you'd ever meet. I find the whole concept odd, especially to the extent is resembles an arranged marriage, but who am I to judge? You're not going to convince me that a woman who sleeps with 5 different men, had children with 3 of them, and is now a single mom, that that is a preferable alternative.
Nor am I going to try. That whole situation is no way to run a railroad. I also have cousins that grew up in this general sphere though I believe they still dated. There is a distance with everybody else in the family that developed as they went down this rabbit hole.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Dec 23, 2023 5:35 pm

I taught my kids how to make decisions like an adult from age 4. They made good and bad choices while growing up. As young adults, they explored faith, attended confirmation classes. One read the Quran the other explored Buddism.

They are bright adults pursuing their own life agendas and achieving success on their own terms. Both decided to pursue graduate degrees and graduated.

From my observation, many children raised Evangelical don't have the opportunity to learn how to make decisions. They learn how to take orders and often spin out when they enter the real world, or remain emotional dependent on their parents long past the time to start their own lives.

I have interviewed faith raised for jobs. Often their abilities are quite narrow and lack a well rounded perspective. The usually are uncomfortable in a diverse workplace. If this make them happy, great. Some seem lost or cloistered to jobs with deep faith employers.

If I needed to hire working class wages, I would totally target this type of person. Limited opportunities and raised to follow directions is every employers dream when it comes to hiring unskilled and lower white collar employees.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Round Six

Post by Round Six » Sat Dec 23, 2023 6:10 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2023 5:35 pm
... From my observation, many children raised Evangelical don't have the opportunity to learn how to make decisions. They learn how to take orders and often spin out when they enter the real world, or remain emotional dependent on their parents long past the time to start their own lives.

I have interviewed faith raised for jobs. Their abilities are quite narrow and lack a well rounded perspective. If this make them happy, great. Some seem lost.
Although TC Talks and myself are at odds on different things, we are in agreement here. I call it growing up in the church bubble. They grew up in the church bubble, raised by parents who grew up and married in the church bubble, who in many cases their parents grew up and married in the same bubble. And they, their parents, and often their grandparents have few if any friends that are not in that bubble.

It makes them socially awkward around anyone that's not in that bubble. Like TC says, you can tell when you talk to them. They are totally comfortable around everyone in the bubble, but when they go out in the world they have a hard time interacting with others.

These are the people TC is talking about. I think it's not so much their parents have a choke hold on them. More like decisions in their lives have always been a round table discussion among their peers. So when they go for an interview in the outside world, they can fog up because others in the bubble they stepped out of are not there to weigh in on how to answer.
Life is not a dress rehearsal. This is it. There's no going back, and we can only go forward before we run out of runway.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Dec 23, 2023 6:46 pm

I think Taco and TC Talks are one and the same.
No thanks. Look at the posting patterns and you'll see how this isn't likely.

I thought TACO was that guy that used to do the same lightweight posts under a different userid.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun Dec 24, 2023 2:43 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2023 1:43 pm
Per the original article - no dating (let alone sex) before marriage??? WTF?

I am skeptical whether the "no dating" aspect is accurate.
No dating except for a night out with dearest dad. :barf
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Sun Dec 24, 2023 12:26 pm

Rate This wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2023 2:35 pm

Our buddy Mike and his daughter:

But let’s worry about a guy in drag reading a book. There’s a definite whiff of sexual something here… the guy kissing his daughter on the lips or getting way closer than any normal person would find reasonable is creepiest I think. These guys also get awfully close to positions that you would have in wedding photos. These girls are 11-15 and sometimes younger… the whole thing started in the late 90’s… it’s telling that nobody else thought of this before that.
This is fucking creepy. It looks like some sort of pedophile event.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Dec 24, 2023 1:00 pm

Neckbeard wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2023 12:26 pm
Rate This wrote:

But let’s worry about a guy in drag reading a book. There’s a definite whiff of sexual something here… the guy kissing his daughter on the lips or getting way closer than any normal person would find reasonable is creepiest I think. These guys also get awfully close to positions that you would have in wedding photos. These girls are 11-15 and sometimes younger… the whole thing started in the late 90’s… it’s telling that nobody else thought of this before that.
The Number of these guys who have a thing for their teenage daughters almost certainly has to be higher than zero… I would also bet the narcissistic and controlling tendencies in these guys are higher than average.

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Sun Dec 24, 2023 2:24 pm

The usual suspects have shown up in this thread to defend this disgusting practice. One is conspicuous in his absence.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Sun Dec 24, 2023 7:54 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2023 12:50 pm
1. Humans can't help how they feel. It's science (ooh, wait. Sorry).

2. If kids/teenagers want to find a way to have sex, they will. My parents had problems with some cassettes and CDs I had back when and took them away. What did I do? Recorded them to a blank tape.

3. The more you tell people, teenagers especially, not to do something, the more they want to do it.

4. That is "encouraging"? That's like your local mafia boss "encouraging" you to pay your debts off.

5. We have two daughters and a son on the way. We understand the points above, which is why we hope we've done a good job and that they make wise choices. No means no, don't feel pressured, use protection always, etc.

The hills some people choose to die on is perplexing sometimes.

I thought you were all about FREEDOM and DOING WHAT I WANT.
Mama Johnson and her "We don't talk to her about contraception," she said. "Sex before marriage is simply out of the question." stance is naive at best. Mrs. Nightlfly and I have a niece that we financed though college. Smart kid, magna cum laude, accepted in a Masters program. The world was her oyster thing until for some unexplainable decision she decided to have unprotected sex one night and got herself pregnant. Dropped the news right after she timed out her southern state's shortened abortion window.

No more grad school, baby daddy support minimal, now working two and a half jobs. BIL & SIL who had just downsized home recently sold and purchased larger place to accommodate her moving back home. Just a shitshow from anyway you look at it and the thing about it is, it likely happens to dozens of families every day just like my in-laws and I dare say like the fine Speaker Johnson's family.

So yeah, go ahead and wear a purity ring on every finger and get some piercings while your at it, be sure not to talk about contraception.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun Dec 24, 2023 10:15 pm

Neckbeard wrote:
Rate This wrote:

Even the daddy daughter dances strike me as weird. Why is there a daddy daughter dance yet no mother-son thing? It's just creepy but another firm example of the patriarchy making sketchy shit look okay.
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Sun Dec 24, 2023 11:55 pm

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2023 10:15 pm
Neckbeard wrote:
Rate This wrote:

Even the daddy daughter dances strike me as weird. Why is there a daddy daughter dance yet no mother-son thing? It's just creepy but another firm example of the patriarchy making sketchy shit look okay.
It really does shed light on the dangers of religion in society.

A good case study for this is the creepy ass FLDS and Amish people. Those communities largely self-govern and child sexual abuse runs rampant in them. Child sexual abuse is common in many places where religion holds significant weight in how things are done (look at the Muslims and practices like bacha bazi. It's not just religion in the West. It's not just Christianity, its religion in general. We can speculate on why that is, but the thing is that its a common thread.

Good parents should NEVER trust their children with creeps who are this deep into religion and good citizens will hold their faith far from the ballot box.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Dec 25, 2023 12:27 am

Neckbeard wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2023 11:55 pm
Neckbeard wrote:
Rate This wrote:

A good case study for this is the creepy ass FLDS and Amish people. Those communities largely self-govern and child sexual abuse runs rampant in them. Child sexual abuse is common in many places where religion holds significant weight in how things are done (look at the Muslims and practices like bacha bazi. It's not just religion in the West. It's not just Christianity, its religion in general. We can speculate on why that is, but the thing is that its a common thread.

Good parents should NEVER trust their children with creeps who are this deep into religion and good citizens will hold their faith far from the ballot box.
The problem is that the parents and the creeps are the same people in this case. Now who do you turn to?

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Mon Dec 25, 2023 12:35 am

Rate This wrote:
Mon Dec 25, 2023 12:27 am
Neckbeard wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2023 11:55 pm
Neckbeard wrote:
Rate This wrote:

The problem is that the parents and the creeps are the same people in this case. Now who do you turn to?
The kid can't turn to the church and tell their pastor. They'll stooge the kid off to the dad.

No good comes from religion being involved in politics or society. The best thing we can do is just eliminate it all together. Sure, there are some nice tall tales, but there also were in where the sidewalk ends and Dr. Seuss books. The Bible is one of the most vile, gore-filled books you're gonna find, yet parents freak out about drag queens reading stories to kids. I'd rather have that than a kid hearing about daughters grooming their dad into incest. Fuck! Maybe that's what got the dad's all hot and bothered to begin with.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue Dec 26, 2023 9:39 am

Neckbeard wrote:
Mon Dec 25, 2023 12:35 am

No good comes from religion being involved in politics or society. The best thing we can do is just eliminate it all together.
Someone I, and most non-Marxists, admire very much, differs....
Of all the dispositions and habits which lead to political prosperity, religion and morality are indisputable supports. In vain would that man claim the tribute of patriotism, who should labor to subvert these great pillars of human happiness, these firmest props of the duty of men and citizens. … [L]et us with caution indulge the supposition, that morality can be maintained without religion. Whatever may be conceded to the influence of refined education on minds of peculiar structure, reason and experience both forbid us to expect that national morality can prevail in exclusion of religious principle.
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Dec 26, 2023 9:54 am

Bryce wrote:
Tue Dec 26, 2023 9:39 am
Neckbeard wrote:
Mon Dec 25, 2023 12:35 am

No good comes from religion being involved in politics or society. The best thing we can do is just eliminate it all together.
Someone I, and most non-Marxists, admire very much, differs....
Of all the dispositions and habits which lead to political prosperity, religion and morality are indisputable supports. In vain would that man claim the tribute of patriotism, who should labor to subvert these great pillars of human happiness, these firmest props of the duty of men and citizens. … [L]et us with caution indulge the supposition, that morality can be maintained without religion. Whatever may be conceded to the influence of refined education on minds of peculiar structure, reason and experience both forbid us to expect that national morality can prevail in exclusion of religious principle.
Oh look… George Washington. Funny thing. He may have been a believer… many of the founders were skeptical of religion. Maybe I should fire up my Thomas Jefferson quote machine?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic