Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Trump will be president in 2024

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Matt

Re: Trump will be president in 2024

Post by Matt » Fri Nov 03, 2023 7:15 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 7:07 pm
I'm willing to bet ten bucks that Trump will win in 2024, by hook or crook. I hope and pray I'm wrong, but I think it may happen.
Sure, he could win, but he won't be president in 2024.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Fri Nov 03, 2023 8:47 pm

Matt wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 7:15 pm
Mega Hertz wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 7:07 pm
I'm willing to bet ten bucks that Trump will win in 2024, by hook or crook. I hope and pray I'm wrong, but I think it may happen.
Sure, he could win, but he won't be president in 2024.
Oh NOW I see what you're getting at. No, Trump will be president in 2025.
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Nov 03, 2023 8:49 pm

So you want to play semantics here? Does "President-elect" work for you?

btw - to answer your question, while the chances are astronomically small that he could actually serve as President in 2024, they're not zero. I'll leave it to you to figure out how that could theoretically happen.

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Nov 03, 2023 8:56 pm

bmw wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 8:49 pm

btw - to answer your question, while the chances are astronomically small that he could actually serve as President in 2024, they're not zero. I'll leave it to you to figure out how that could theoretically happen.
Pretty simple path, although very unlikely:

1) He'd have to win the election.
2) Biden would have to resign or expire.
3) Trump would have to be installed as Speaker.
4) Harris would have to resign.

My initial post was a response to MCRF's fearmongering title.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Fri Nov 03, 2023 8:56 pm

Are we finally going to get all the evidence that the election was stolen in 2020?
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

teetoppz28

Post by teetoppz28 » Fri Nov 03, 2023 9:08 pm

bmw wrote:

And I’ll leave it to you to figure out mass and weight are not the same! 😜
Dropping knowledge on forum MAGAts.
Unapologetically intellectually superior.

ZenithCKLW

Post by ZenithCKLW » Fri Nov 03, 2023 10:25 pm

teetoppz28 wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 9:08 pm
bmw wrote:

I remember that comment. It wasn’t bmw who made that comment.

teetoppz28

Post by teetoppz28 » Fri Nov 03, 2023 11:54 pm

ZenithCKLW wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 10:25 pm
teetoppz28 wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 9:08 pm
bmw wrote:

I remember that comment. It wasn’t bmw who made that comment.
I believe this is bmw‘s incorrect physics post:

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Nov 04, 2023 12:22 am

Do you suffer from looping dementia? You have such a strange obsession with this particular quote of mine.

p=mv (momentum = mass x velocity)
weight = mass x gravity

So for the purpose of comparing the momentum of two different moving objects, if all you're after is a ratio (ie, Object A has 2x the momentum of object B), weight is interchangeable with mass so long as the gravity is equal for both objects.

As an aside - that is one ugly-ass yellow color you have in your theme for this website.

teetoppz28

Post by teetoppz28 » Sat Nov 04, 2023 1:16 am

bmw wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2023 12:22 am
Do you suffer from looping dementia? You have such a strange obsession with this particular quote of mine.

p=mv (momentum = mass x velocity)
weight = mass x gravity

So for the purpose of comparing the momentum of two different moving objects, if all you're after is a ratio (ie, Object A has 2x the momentum of object B), weight is interchangeable with mass so long as the gravity is equal for both objects.

As an aside - that is one ugly-ass yellow color you have in your theme for this website.
Your original post says nothing about a ratio… you literally plugged weight in as mass…

And I thought I’d change my theme color for the screenshot to something you loved… tRumpanzee knob-slobbing orange! That way you can feel comfortable with my physics nuts on your chin. :rollin

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sat Nov 04, 2023 2:31 am

Neckbeard wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 1:01 pm
Rate This wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 12:37 pm
Exactly what was he supposed to do in a no win scenario? Please explain how you can please the international version of the Hatfields and McCoys reinvented as a modern horror film… if he praises Israel the pro-Palestinians hate him. If he doesn’t come out against protests not only is he gonna get major flak from Jews but he’ll be coming out against the first amendment… the smartest person on earth armed with all the answers can’t get out of that one…
The U.S. needs to tamp down the relationship with Israel. They have been a poor ally to us and really are nothing but trouble. The Palestinians deserve no pity, either. The retaliation by Israel to the Hamas attacks is just the chickens coming home to roost. War is a horrible thing, but it seems that the best of all options is to not step in and to just let them fight it out. If they wipe each other off the map, that won't be Biden's fault, all efforts in the past have just wasted time and resources. This fight is gonna come sooner or later, just let the band-aid rip now. Probably would have been better to let it happen a few decades ago. The fact we have allowed ourselves to become such an integral part of this dispute is evidence that the U.S. being the world police really doesn't add value. No country can be the planet's peace officer. Stop letting Israel and the Palestinians manipulate us!
Agreed 1000%. This is one of the best posts on this forum in months.
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Nov 04, 2023 9:08 am

teetoppz28 wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2023 1:16 am
Your original post says nothing about a ratio… you literally plugged weight in as mass…
It was implied given the context of the conversation that preceded, which you didn't include in your screenshot. We were talking about fires is electric cars, which other posters argued were quite rare, to which I agreed but said about the batteries in electric cars that "My bigger concern is the extra weight they add to the car - we're talking vehicles now in excess of 6,000 pounds." RT challenged my assertion that batteries are making modern cars to heavy, to which I responded with what you quoted (and then some). While I didn't finish my conclusion by actually stating a ratio (2.75 to 1), it was obvious to anybody with a 3rd-grade education what point I was making. Moreover, even if you instead used mass, the 2.75 to 1 ratio would still have been the result.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Nov 04, 2023 9:39 am

Still saving what you suggested was a prediction by me, or have you deleted the screenshot?

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Nov 04, 2023 9:39 am

This thread is peak Political Potpourri
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

teetoppz28

Post by teetoppz28 » Sat Nov 04, 2023 9:55 am

TC Talks wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2023 9:39 am
This thread is peak Political Potpourri
Wouldn’t be a valid PP post without me getting bmw's panties in a bunch! :hat

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic