Acceptable registrations in the queue through June 3 at 5:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Nikki Haley is GOP's best chance to defeat Joe Biden (as things stand today)

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Nikki Haley is GOP's best chance to defeat Joe Biden (as things stand today)

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Sep 07, 2023 6:49 pm

National polling shows Haley leads Biden 49% to 43% in a head-to-head matchup:

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4 ... publicans/

GOP needs to run away from the unelectable loser (Trump) and get behind someone who can actually WIN.

Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

Honeyman

Re: Nikki Haley is GOP's best chance to defeat Joe Biden (as things stand today)

Post by Honeyman » Thu Sep 07, 2023 6:54 pm

I agree. And honestly, while I am clearly a left-leaning independent, I would seriously consider voting for her. I am sure there are others as well.
The censorship king from out of state.

Matt

Re: Nikki Haley is GOP's best chance to defeat Joe Biden (as things stand today)

Post by Matt » Thu Sep 07, 2023 7:14 pm

I support this idea.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Sep 07, 2023 7:17 pm

So we're just going to cherry-pick the one lone poll in the last 6 months that shows her winning head-to-head and cite that as evidence that she's the GOP's best chance?

Come on MW, you're smarter than falling for that

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Thu Sep 07, 2023 7:23 pm

bmw wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2023 7:17 pm
So we're just going to cherry-pick the one lone poll in the last 6 months that shows her winning head-to-head and cite that as evidence that she's the GOP's best chance?

Who do you think is the GOPs best chance?

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Sep 07, 2023 7:35 pm

I qualified my post with "as things stand today," bmw.

Are you suggesting a poll taken three, four or six months ago is equally as relevant as one taken this week?
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Sep 07, 2023 7:37 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2023 7:23 pm
bmw wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2023 7:17 pm

Who do you think is the GOPs best chance?
He thinks it is FIRED President Trump.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Thu Sep 07, 2023 7:45 pm

Trump in 2024

America Adores Trump
I don't mean to brag, but I just put a puzzle together in 1 day and the box said 2-4 years.

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Sep 07, 2023 7:50 pm

Just to be clear, I'd vote for Haley over Biden in a heartbeat. But one single poll isn't enough to convince me that she's the GOP's best bet. Biden was +6 over her less than a month ago in a Fox News poll.

Trump remains the Republican's best bet. Because he has an enthusiastic base far larger than anybody else has that will show up no matter what.

Also, I know Honeyman says he would seriously consider Haley over Biden, and I don't doubt that, but I'm highly suspicious that any sizable number of Democrats would vote for her over whoever the Dems nominate.

NOW - the Lions game is on soon and my interest in football exceeds my interest in politics at the moment.

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Sep 07, 2023 8:05 pm

Trump is 0-3 in elections not involving Hillary Clinton, and in the one featuring Hillary Clinton, he underperformed other Republicans. Tell me 1) how he could win, and more importantly, 2) WHY you think he deserves to win.

zzand

Post by zzand » Fri Sep 08, 2023 8:34 am

I think this poll shows that people are waking up to the Trump BS. I know, I know, it's only one poll but one can hope.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Fri Sep 08, 2023 10:09 am

I'm thinking a Haley/Desantis ticket would be tough to beat by anyone not named Obama.

So, go do a backroom deal with Tump and get his endorsement.
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Sep 08, 2023 11:06 am

Bryce wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2023 10:09 am
I'm thinking a Haley/Desantis ticket would be tough to beat by anyone not named Obama.

So, go do a backroom deal with Tump and get his endorsement.
Trump will run third party from prison and sink the whole thing before he’ll endorse anybody else.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Fri Sep 08, 2023 11:08 am

What independents who didn't vote Trump in 2020 are now going to change their vote after January 6th, after him stealing nuclear secrets, after him dismissing the Constitution, etc.?

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Sep 08, 2023 11:09 am

Honeyman wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2023 11:08 am
What independents who didn't vote Trump in 2020 are now going to change their vote after January 6th, after him stealing nuclear secrets, after him dismissing the Constitution, etc.?
There probably aren’t any and his coalition by itself already isn’t enough. But the fact he’s still rolling right along after all this is prima facie evidence that it’s a cult.

I wonder how many cults through the years have had a victim complex as a plank?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic