Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Trump Indicted For 2020 Post-Election Shenanigans

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Rate This

Trump Indicted For 2020 Post-Election Shenanigans

Post by Rate This » Tue Aug 01, 2023 6:04 pm

Here are the 4 counts:
Trump has been charged with four counts: conspiracy to defraud the U.S., conspiracy to obstruct Congress’ certification of Biden’s electoral victory on Jan. 6, obstruction and conspiracy against the right to vote.

Matt

Re: Trump Indicted For 2020 Post-Election Shenanigans

Post by Matt » Tue Aug 01, 2023 6:18 pm

"Fell off the jetway again..."
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Tue Aug 01, 2023 6:18 pm

A DEEP STATE POLITICAL WITCH HUNT. VERY SAD ! ! ! ! ! !
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

teetoppz28

Post by teetoppz28 » Tue Aug 01, 2023 6:46 pm

But there was SO. MUCH. EVIDENCE!!! It’s all in 2000 Mules!

What about all the “after Davids” that people signed?!?!?

I saw thousands of dead people voting!!

There was bamboo in the ballot paper!!

… … …

Signed,

Dumbfuck tRumpanzees
Dropping knowledge on forum MAGAts.
Unapologetically intellectually superior.

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Aug 01, 2023 8:03 pm

I'm reading through the indictment, and this statement from one of Trump's senior campaign advisors in early December to Trump in an email gave me a good chuckle:
When our research and campaign legal team can't back up any of the claims by by our Elite Strike Force Legal Team, you can see why we're 0-32 on our cases. I'll obviously hustle to help on all fronts, but it's tough to own any of this when it's all just conspiracy shit beamed down from the mothership.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Tue Aug 01, 2023 8:27 pm

He said "after David's" 😆
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Aug 01, 2023 8:39 pm

Ok, so I'm about halfway through this indictment and my eyes have glazed over. From what I've read, I do have some random thoughts:

-There are 6 co-conspirators referenced throughout the indictment (they're unnamed but pretty easy to figure out who they are). 3 of the 4 counts are conspiracy charges. Why was Trump the only person indicted? Why were indictments not issued against the other 6 co-conspirators? I thought that nobody was above the law. Except 6 other alleged criminals working directly with Donald Trump, apparently.

-This is an extremely complex case, which, while spelled out in great detail in the indictment, is going to be very difficult to explain all this to a jury. There's no one particular act to focus on; rather, this indictment spells out a collection of acts which allegedly cumulatively add up to conspiracy to defraud and conspiracy to impede an official proceeding. Much of the basis of what is in here is individual acts that, each on their own, appear to me to be protected 1st Amendment activity. Proving that Trump's actions weren't merely the result of him being factually mistaken in his beliefs, but rather were the result of intentionally conspiring with others to commit fraud, is going to be very difficult, IMO.

lidoshuffle

Post by lidoshuffle » Tue Aug 01, 2023 8:51 pm

Wow! I haven't seen this many Liberals/Progressives/Dems so happy since Lia Thomas was allowed to use the female shower and locker room facilities at Penn

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Aug 01, 2023 9:00 pm

lidoshuffle wrote:
Tue Aug 01, 2023 8:51 pm
Wow! I haven't seen this many Liberals/Progressives/Dems so happy since Lia Thomas was allowed to use the female shower and locker room facilities at Penn
What happened to law and order?
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Aug 01, 2023 9:26 pm

lidoshuffle wrote:
Tue Aug 01, 2023 8:51 pm
This doesn't change my mood one bit, as I am already excited about the 8 other indictment Trump has going.

If your reading comprehension is above the 8th grade level, you should realize that you are cheering for a repeat offender. Quit acting like a BLM protester.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Aug 01, 2023 9:29 pm

In order to be a "repeat offender" don't you have to actually have been convicted of something first?

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Aug 01, 2023 9:55 pm

bmw wrote:
Tue Aug 01, 2023 9:29 pm
In order to be a "repeat offender" don't you have to actually have been convicted of something first?
Maybe but you and I both know he’s guilty of SOMETHING.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Tue Aug 01, 2023 10:00 pm

Rate This wrote:
Tue Aug 01, 2023 9:55 pm
bmw wrote:
Tue Aug 01, 2023 9:29 pm
Maybe but you and I both know he’s guilty of SOMETHING.
No, no, no. You don't get it. Trump is a VICTIM. Everything is done TO him. Someone left it in his car. Someone else put your $20 in his pocket. Someone else ate the last pudding cup and smeared it on his face. I don't know when you're gonna let it sink it. Everybody's out to get him. He's just a victim of a grand conspiracy. The world was aligning against him before Fred forgot to pull out in time.
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

HD74

Post by HD74 » Tue Aug 01, 2023 10:03 pm

So true.... must be a conspiracy theory against this.
You're never too old to learn something stupid.

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Aug 01, 2023 10:08 pm

Everything Trump does is a conspiracy, at least according to the official language of the various indictments against him.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic