Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Kicking Trump to the curb

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Round Six

Kicking Trump to the curb

Post by Round Six » Wed Jun 07, 2023 1:12 pm

I'll preface this by saying I am not as wise as many of you about the inner workings of a political party. The behind closed doors dealings. The reach arounds. That sort of thing.

But I can't shag the feeling just about every Republican would rather not have Trump as president. So let's say he ends up winning every primary from now until the convention. By a landslide. Can the GOP nominate someone else anyway? Like I said, I'm not sure how that works. Are delegates from each state obligated to cast votes for the one that got the most votes in their state?

My thinking is this:
No matter who the GOP decides is the candidate, Trump's minions are still going to vote for him or her, not Biden. So why not have a candidate that doesn't have all the baggage. Let's face it. Whether you think Trump is a crook or not, there's just too much material for Biden and the press to bring up that would be nothing but detrimental to getting elected.

Women spend more time wondering what men are thinking about than men spend actually thinking.

Matt

Re: Kicking Trump to the curb

Post by Matt » Fri Jun 09, 2023 6:46 am

Round Six wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2023 1:12 pm
I'll preface this by saying I am not as wise as many of you about the inner workings of a political party. The behind closed doors dealings. The reach arounds. That sort of thing.

But I can't shag the feeling just about every Republican would rather not have Trump as president. So let's say he ends up winning every primary from now until the convention. By a landslide. Can the GOP nominate someone else anyway? Like I said, I'm not sure how that works. Are delegates from each state obligated to cast votes for the one that got the most votes in their state?

My thinking is this:
No matter who the GOP decides is the candidate, Trump's minions are still going to vote for him or her, not Biden. So why not have a candidate that doesn't have all the baggage. Let's face it. Whether you think Trump is a crook or not, there's just too much material for Biden and the press to bring up that would be nothing but detrimental to getting elected.
EVERY Republican with an IQ above 12 wants Trump out and would NEVER vote for him again under any circumstance.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Jun 09, 2023 7:48 am

Matt wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2023 6:46 am
Round Six wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2023 1:12 pm

My thinking is this:
EVERY Republican with an IQ above 12 wants Trump out and would NEVER vote for him again under any circumstance.
Evidently that is a minority of Republicans…

Round Six

Post by Round Six » Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:45 am

Appreciate the replies. Like I said in the original post, I'm confident everyone that voted for Donald in 2020 is going to vote for whoever the 2024 Republican nominee is.

Like I asked, can the GOP nominate someone who didn't win any of the primaries?

Myself, I just can't shag the feeling if the other GOP presidential hopefuls just go for the jugular right off the bat, Trump can be defeated in the primaries. Come right out, start calling him a no good, crooked slimy, etc. Don't be shy about it. Pull out all the stops. Just seems that's the only chance they got to beat him.

Women spend more time wondering what men are thinking about than men spend actually thinking.

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Jun 09, 2023 11:52 am

Round Six wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:45 am
can the GOP nominate someone who didn't win any of the primaries?
I'm not sure of the answer to this, but even if the answer is yes and this were to happen, say goodbye to the Republican party and hello to decades of Democrat rule.

Bottom line is, if a majority of Republican voters want somebody other than Trump, then they'll nominate somebody other than Trump. You can't just subvert the process because you don't like the outcome. Don't like Trump? Well, for starters, 10+ Republicans entering the race is not a wise idea. Because it is Trump v. the field. Just like in 2016.

Republicans need a candidate who can break Trump's stranglehold on the conservative media. Because right now, Trump is pretty much a slave owner and the conservative pundits are his slaves.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Fri Jun 09, 2023 12:08 pm

bmw wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2023 11:52 am
Round Six wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:45 am
can the GOP nominate someone who didn't win any of the primaries?
I'm not sure of the answer to this, but even if the answer is yes and this were to happen, say goodbye to the Republican party and hello to decades of Democrat rule.

Bottom line is, if a majority of Republican voters want somebody other than Trump, then they'll nominate somebody other than Trump. You can't just subvert the process because you don't like the outcome. Don't like Trump? Well, for starters, 10+ Republicans entering the race is not a wise idea. Because it is Trump v. the field. Just like in 2016.

Republicans need a candidate who can break Trump's stranglehold on the conservative media. Because right now, Trump is pretty much a slave owner and the conservative pundits are his slaves.
Exactly.

And how ironic would it be if Trump won the Republican nomination fairly by getting the most delegates, but was denied the chance to run by technicalities or some decree.

The censorship king from out of state.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Fri Jun 09, 2023 6:25 pm

I think I've said something like this before here, but I completely understood the attraction of a Donald Trump. For years, the American public has gotten screwed harder and harder. We've been sick for years of the Bushes and the Clintons and the Pelosis and the Cheneys. So when Trump came along, I understood why there was such a movement.

I think it's gone a little too far now. Problem is, everyone has to out-extreme the next person. So you're on the fringes of your party or you're a RINO or DINO. I really thought Covid would be thing that pulled us all together. But even THAT became a cluster fuck of the highest level. I don't think I will ever see a 91% approval rating for a president ever again. Or a 49 state electoral win. From now on, it's "I won't tell you why I'm the good candidate, I can only tell you when THEY are bad!". Nobody is talking the real issues anymore. It's all boys being girls and guns and them damn queerosexuals.

My philosophy for years has been by way of Lewis Black. "There has to come a point when Democrats and Republicans...where we see a piece of footage and just agree on what the fuck reality is. You can't show video of a Land Rover running over a cat, and then say the cat was trying to kill itself".

Maybe instead of pointing at the other guy and claiming HIS sin was worse, start by being better person. Start doing right. All this shit is is a childish race to the bottom. But now that we've had Trump, can we get the toothpaste back in the tube? Or is this it for us?

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Fri Jun 09, 2023 7:50 pm

Trump in 24. America adores Trump.

Admitting you have a problem is the second step. The first step is finding a problem you really enjoy.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic