Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Bud Light sales are down, but remain America’s top-selling beer

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Taco

Bud Light sales are down, but remain America’s top-selling beer

Post by Taco » Wed Jun 07, 2023 6:17 am

It's interesting how it's still the top selling beer even though of a boycott. Guess the controversy didn't matter to a lot of people.

https://www.kmov.com/2023/06/06/bud-lig ... ling-beer/

Woe to you, oh earth and sea
For the Devil sends the beast with wrath
Because he knows the time is short
Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast
For it is a human number
Its number is six hundred and sixty-six

Bryce

Re: Bud Light sales are down, but remain America’s top-selling beer

Post by Bryce » Wed Jun 07, 2023 6:47 am

Taco wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2023 6:17 am
It's interesting how it's still the top selling beer even though of a boycott. Guess the controversy didn't matter to a lot of people.

From the article...
By CNN Newsource staff
Published: Jun. 6, 2023 at 12:49 PM EDT|Updated: 18 hours ago
(CNN) – Sales of Bud Light may have slipped, but it’s still the top-selling beer in the United States. Sales for the week leading into Memorial Day weekend fell 24% from the same period a year ago, but that’s a slight improvement from the prior week when sales were down more than a quarter compared to a year earlier.
Looks to me like CNN is trying it's best to put a positive spin on this situation. Fact remains that Transheuser-busch has lost 27 Billion in value since April. Could that 1 percent improvement, if you can call a 24% sales drop an improvement, have anything to do with the 18.00 rebate coupons given on 18 packs or bigger for Pud-Light?

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Taco

Post by Taco » Wed Jun 07, 2023 6:51 am

Well the H*** rebates are a boon for beer drinkers. I mean who doesn't love getting beer on the cheap?

For it is a human number

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Jun 07, 2023 7:18 am

Taco wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2023 6:51 am
Well the H*** rebates are a boon for beer drinkers. I mean who doesn't love getting beer on the cheap?
People with a developed palate?

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Jun 07, 2023 9:19 am

Bryce wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2023 6:47 am
Taco wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2023 6:17 am

From the article...
By CNN Newsource staff
Published: Jun. 6, 2023 at 12:49 PM EDT|Updated: 18 hours ago
(CNN) – Sales of Bud Light may have slipped, but it’s still the top-selling beer in the United States. Sales for the week leading into Memorial Day weekend fell 24% from the same period a year ago, but that’s a slight improvement from the prior week when sales were down more than a quarter compared to a year earlier.
Looks to me like CNN is trying it's best to put a positive spin on this situation. Fact remains that Transheuser-busch has lost 27 Billion in value since April. Could that 1 percent improvement, if you can call a 24% sales drop an improvement, have anything to do with the 18.00 rebate coupons given on 18 packs or bigger for Pud-Light?
How did a marketing campaign targeted at a new market impact you EXACTLY? I swear to God you complain more about nothing than anyone in this board. Get over yourself man.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

zzand

Post by zzand » Wed Jun 07, 2023 9:34 am

I think everyone can agree that the marketing campaign was a total flop. Target is finding out the same thing. To my eye it appears that the"cancel Culture" brought to the forefront by the left is being used by the right, with one big difference. The right is more successful in using it to drive whatever point home. Personally I don't care about either case since I don't drink beer or shop at Target, but sitting on the outside looking in, it is fascinating to watch.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Wed Jun 07, 2023 9:36 am

Matt wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2023 7:18 am
Taco wrote:
People with a palate?
FIFY

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Jun 07, 2023 9:55 am

zzand wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2023 9:34 am
I think everyone can agree that the marketing campaign was a total flop. Target is finding out the same thing. To my eye it appears that the"cancel Culture" brought to the forefront by the left is being used by the right, with one big difference. The right is more successful in using it to drive whatever point home. Personally I don't care about either case since I don't drink beer or shop at Target, but sitting on the outside looking in, it is fascinating to watch.
Isn’t it ironic that people who decried it’s existence use it so well?

zzand

Post by zzand » Wed Jun 07, 2023 10:06 am

Yup

Colonel Flagg

Post by Colonel Flagg » Wed Jun 07, 2023 11:17 am

Matt wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2023 7:18 am
Taco wrote:
People with a developed palate?
For once, Colonel Flagg agrees with Matt. :smokin

"Pretty soon, every kid in America will wish he were me"

Round Six

Post by Round Six » Wed Jun 07, 2023 12:10 pm

Trade magazines are saying if AB don't turn it around by July or August, Bud Light sales will never recover. Something about resets. Come September, retailers are expected to begin reallocating the limited shelf space by relying on sales data from the preceding months. And then decide how much space on the shelf to give each product. Other brands will have a better likelihood to succeed long term because they have more shelf space, they have more inventory, they have more back-stock, and they have more availability for consumers.

Women spend more time wondering what men are thinking about than men spend actually thinking.

teetoppz28

Post by teetoppz28 » Wed Jun 07, 2023 12:46 pm

Round Six wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2023 12:10 pm
Trade magazines are saying if AB don't turn it around by July or August, Bud Light sales will never recover. Something about resets. Come September, retailers are expected to begin reallocating the limited shelf space by relying on sales data from the preceding months. And then decide how much space on the shelf to give each product. Other brands will have a better likelihood to succeed long term because they have more shelf space, they have more inventory, they have more back-stock, and they have more availability for consumers.
By September, the NFL will be back, and with it, the tRumpanzee snowflakes will be back with their fat asses in Carhartts on the couch, Nikes on their feet, Chick-fil-a in their hands, drinking a Coke or a Bud Light. I wouldn't worry too much if I were an exec at A-B...

Dropping knowledge on forum MAGAts.
Unapologetically intellectually superior.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Wed Jun 07, 2023 1:01 pm

For me, buying beer has never been a political decision.

Admitting you have a problem is the second step. The first step is finding a problem you really enjoy.

teetoppz28

Post by teetoppz28 » Wed Jun 07, 2023 1:03 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2023 1:01 pm
For me, buying beer has never been a political decision.
Same. Not sure how a ScArY rAiNbOw on a can would affect the flavor (if Bud Light HAD flavor...). :rollin

Dropping knowledge on forum MAGAts.
Unapologetically intellectually superior.

Taco

Post by Taco » Wed Jun 07, 2023 4:39 pm

I remember the big blunder of replacing Coke Classic with New Coke. That was genius because it made the brand stronger than ever.
zzand wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2023 9:34 am

For it is a human number

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic