Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

State Of Emergency In North Carolina

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Talks

Re: State Of Emergency In North Carolina

Post by TC Talks » Wed May 24, 2023 9:23 pm

bmw wrote:
Wed May 24, 2023 9:15 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Wed May 24, 2023 5:09 pm
No, because NC is so corruptly districted, a significant minority is making decisions for an entire state. You cry all the time, I am merely pointing out that this is the only tool the Governor has to respond to the GOP's actions.
Sounds like you're the one "crying" - in this instance, about unfair district boundaries. In your words, I guess this makes the Governor a "victim"?

And your conclusion is incorrect. The tool the governor has to respond to the GOP's actions is a veto. If they override his veto, then TOUGH SHIT. The stunt he's pulling is the kind of thing that happens in third-world countries, NOT a country that operates under rule of law and separation of powers.
What did you think about the infamous DeSantis Presidential Launch? All you folks have been super quiet about it.

And, no whining when Michigan rolls back all the GOP garbage now that we run this state.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

bmw

Post by bmw » Wed May 24, 2023 9:32 pm

You mean because Twitter's servers crashed? My response? Who cares? You honestly think that once the primaries get going that people will even remember, let alone care, that Twitter's servers crashed? Talk about a nothing-burger parading as a big story.

And what does Michigan politics have to do with the NC governor abusing his power? Matt is right - take your "L" and move on. If Democrats in MI roll back things Republicans have done, so long as the rule of law and separation of powers prevails, I will have no complaints about the process. I have every right to disagree with those decisions, but you won't see me in here arguing that Republicans should use powers they don't legitimately possess to block what the Democrats are doing. That is just absurd.

I also can't help but notice that you completely ignored Honeyman's comment earlier in this thread. You ignored it because you know that addressing it honestly would further expose you for the hypocrite that you are.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed May 24, 2023 9:38 pm

The reality is that NC is turning blue and it will be a matter of time (like in Michigan) that it will be blue in the legislature. Until then, the Governor should fight the good fight. This is just politics. At least he's not attacking one of the state's largest employers.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed May 24, 2023 9:49 pm

bmw wrote:
Wed May 24, 2023 9:15 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Wed May 24, 2023 5:09 pm
No, because NC is so corruptly districted, a significant minority is making decisions for an entire state. You cry all the time, I am merely pointing out that this is the only tool the Governor has to respond to the GOP's actions.
Sounds like you're the one "crying" - in this instance, about unfair district boundaries. In your words, I guess this makes the Governor a "victim"?

And your conclusion is incorrect. The tool the governor has to respond to the GOP's actions is a veto. If they override his veto, then TOUGH SHIT. The stunt he's pulling is the kind of thing that happens in third-world countries, NOT a country that operates under rule of law and separation of powers.
He is right though on one thing… North Carolina has some really fucked up and fucked with maps determining who controls the legislature.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed May 24, 2023 10:06 pm

Here's how it should have looked all along...

― Noam Chomsky

bmw

Post by bmw » Wed May 24, 2023 10:57 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Wed May 24, 2023 10:06 pm
Still crying "victim"?

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed May 24, 2023 10:58 pm

bmw wrote:
Wed May 24, 2023 10:57 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Still crying "victim"?
Of Republicans ruthless pursuit of power for powers sake? You betcha.

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu May 25, 2023 5:43 am

bmw wrote:
Wed May 24, 2023 10:57 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Still crying "victim"?
Not only is he crying, he's now talking about congressional boundaries instead of state legislative boundaries. This is a state that twice voted for Trump. The congressional map shows a flip of one seat.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Thu May 25, 2023 8:02 am

Rate This wrote:
Wed May 24, 2023 9:04 am
Bryce wrote:
Wed May 24, 2023 8:02 am

Odd, he doesn't want the citizens of North Carolina to be able to send THEIR children to private schools and academies, but that's exactly where he sent his.

I guess he doesn't want his kids to have to mingle with the hoi polloi.
They can’t send them there now?
Oh, so only the wealthy should be able to get a quality education for their children? How elitist' of you.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu May 25, 2023 8:26 am

Bryce wrote:
Thu May 25, 2023 8:02 am
Rate This wrote:
Wed May 24, 2023 9:04 am
Bryce wrote:
Wed May 24, 2023 8:02 am

Odd, he doesn't want the citizens of North Carolina to be able to send THEIR children to private schools and academies, but that's exactly where he sent his.

I guess he doesn't want his kids to have to mingle with the hoi polloi.
They can’t send them there now?
Oh, so only the wealthy should be able to get a quality education for their children? How elitist' of you.
No Bryce, we don't need for profit education paid for with tax dollars because in most cases the money ends up being stolen by the operators.

― Noam Chomsky

Deleted User 15835

Post by Deleted User 15835 » Thu May 25, 2023 9:32 am

I have family in South Carolina, near the N.Carolina border. One of my family members, went over the line recently(often do) to do some shopping and some lady I guess was Kvetching up a storm about Cooper.

Now, my family really does not like Henry McMaster and Lindsay Graham. I'd say they are mostly swing voters so they don't like far left or far right.

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu May 25, 2023 10:17 am

How cute - TC Talks doesn't think that corruption exists in government schools.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Thu May 25, 2023 10:32 am

TC Talks wrote:
Thu May 25, 2023 8:26 am

No Bryce, we don't need for profit education paid for with tax dollars because in most cases the money ends up being stolen by the operators.
You have your tongue so far up the teachers union ass that you can tell what they had for lunch.

I highly doubt that tax money sent to, lets say, Catholic Central Novi, would be stolen. But I'm glad you admit that government oversight doesn't work.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu May 25, 2023 11:09 am

bmw wrote:
Thu May 25, 2023 10:17 am
It exists in schools of all types. But funding religious school tuition is a defacto government endorsement of their message. That’s a feature for those people that support it, not a bug. It also clearly violates the establishment clause of the constitution.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Thu May 25, 2023 11:48 am

Rate This wrote:
Thu May 25, 2023 11:09 am
bmw wrote:
Thu May 25, 2023 10:17 am
It also clearly violates the establishment clause of the constitution.
No. It violates someone's interpretation of the establishment clause. If we assign those tax dollars to the student/parent, where they choose to spend it doesn't involve the government.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic