Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

NAACP warns African Americans, minority groups to avoid Florida

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Taco

NAACP warns African Americans, minority groups to avoid Florida

Post by Taco » Mon May 22, 2023 7:08 am

This is absolutely disgusting! He's doing whatever he can to get media attention. Scum!

https://www.cbc.ca/player/play/2209884739613

Woe to you, oh earth and sea
For the Devil sends the beast with wrath
Because he knows the time is short
Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast
For it is a human number
Its number is six hundred and sixty-six

teetoppz28

Re: NAACP warns African Americans, minority groups to avoid Florida

Post by teetoppz28 » Mon May 22, 2023 9:28 am

Just your typical day in Flori-duh!

https://www.reddit.com/r/orlando/comments/13o4he1/oh/

Dropping knowledge on forum MAGAts.
Unapologetically intellectually superior.

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon May 22, 2023 9:58 am

This thread almost seems intentionally teed up for tweaking TC Talks' comments about Traverse City to apply to Florida:
TC Talks wrote:
Mon May 22, 2023 4:47 am
My point is that you seem to want Florida to be convenient for you and unless you like how the governor is running the state, you might be happier elsewhere. You can't argue that it's not successful with a balanced budget, growing tax base, and popularity. Complaining won't help much.
OP wants Florida run a certain way? CHECK
OP doesn't like how the governor is running the state? CHECK
Balanced budget? CHECK
Growing tax base? CHECK
Popularity? CHECK
Complaining won't help much? CHECK

Taco

Post by Taco » Mon May 22, 2023 10:06 am

The racial and discriminatorily tones in Florida are unacceptable. Period. I couldn't imagine what would happen if he became president.

Woe to you, oh earth and sea
For the Devil sends the beast with wrath
Because he knows the time is short
Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast
For it is a human number
Its number is six hundred and sixty-six

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Mon May 22, 2023 10:25 am

Taco wrote:
Mon May 22, 2023 10:06 am
The racial and discriminatorily tones in Florida are unacceptable.
Please explain?

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon May 22, 2023 10:32 am

bmw wrote:
Mon May 22, 2023 9:58 am
This thread almost seems intentionally teed up for tweaking TC Talks' comments about Traverse City to apply to Florida:
TC Talks wrote:
Mon May 22, 2023 4:47 am
My point is that you seem to want Florida to be convenient for you and unless you like how the governor is running the state, you might be happier elsewhere. You can't argue that it's not successful with a balanced budget, growing tax base, and popularity. Complaining won't help much.
OP wants Florida run a certain way? CHECK
OP doesn't like how the governor is running the state? CHECK
Balanced budget? CHECK
Growing tax base? CHECK
Popularity? CHECK
Complaining won't help much? CHECK
And so you dramatically altered my post. For someone who is convinced covid was a global conspiracy and hoax, you leaving Michigan for Florida is a good idea. It will further your crazy idea that people leave a place when it becomes Democrat. Michigan isn't likely going Red soon.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon May 22, 2023 10:40 am

I didn't "dramatically" alter anything. I simply replaced a city with a state and its applicable forms of government. The only reason you feel it was dramatically altered is because you actually agree with the OP, and as such, your refusal to apply your Traverse City logic to the state of Florida makes you a hypocrite.

While completely off-topic, I've never said Covid was a "global conspiracy" or a "hoax." What I HAVE said, starting almost right from the beginning, was that our society's and government's reaction to Covid was going to cause more long-term damage than was the virus itself - and I stand by that concern and now assessment. I have also said that the Covid "vaccine" ended up not being anywhere near what we were promised or what it was advertised to be, and that it was probably only appropriate for about 20% of the population. You can disagree with my assessments all you want (fair enough), but those assessments don't make me a conspiracy or hoax theorist.

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon May 22, 2023 10:42 am

Bryce wrote:
Mon May 22, 2023 10:25 am
Taco wrote:
Please explain?
You're wasting your breath.

I was going to ask Taco why Hispanics and blacks both voted for DeSantis in 2022 in higher numbers (percentages) than they vote for Republicans nationally, but that would be wasting my breath.

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon May 22, 2023 10:43 am

teetoppz28 wrote:
Mon May 22, 2023 9:28 am
Just your typical day in Flori-duh!

https://www.reddit.com/r/orlando/comments/13o4he1/oh/
You've found a group of 5 extremists with signs and a megaphone. Bravo. What's your point?

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon May 22, 2023 11:13 am

bmw wrote:
Mon May 22, 2023 10:42 am
Bryce wrote:
Mon May 22, 2023 10:25 am
Taco wrote:
Please explain?
You're wasting your breath.

I was going to ask Taco why Hispanics and blacks both voted for DeSantis in 2022 in higher numbers (percentages) than they vote for Republicans nationally, but that would be wasting my breath.
Hispanics in Florida are mostly Cuban and they are a reliable Republican group. The headline would be them NOT voting for Republicans in higher numbers. I’m not sure if there is a similar element at play among blacks down there or not.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon May 22, 2023 12:00 pm

I'm glad organizations are making people aware of the threats Florida presents BiPOC.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon May 22, 2023 12:06 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Mon May 22, 2023 12:00 pm
I'm glad organizations are making people aware of the threats Florida presents BiPOC.
So you're admitting you're a hypocrite. Outsiders should butt out of Traverse City politics but complain about Florida's. Got it.

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon May 22, 2023 12:08 pm

Rate This wrote:
Mon May 22, 2023 11:13 am
Hispanics in Florida are mostly Cuban and they are a reliable Republican group. The headline would be them NOT voting for Republicans in higher numbers. I’m not sure if there is a similar element at play among blacks down there or not.
Have you ever asked yourself why specifically people from Cuba tend to vote Republican?

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon May 22, 2023 12:10 pm

bmw wrote:
Mon May 22, 2023 12:06 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Mon May 22, 2023 12:00 pm
So you're admitting you're a hypocrite. Outsiders should butt out of Traverse City politics but complain about Florida's. Got it.
Just as I told Ben Zonia that he shouldn't visit TC if he doesn't like it anymore, BiPOC should shouldn't visit Florida. How is that hypocritical?

Florida is horrible to me, so I travel elsewhere. What is different between us? I have no illusion that complaining is productive.

― Noam Chomsky

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon May 22, 2023 12:23 pm

Because if you read the NAACP's full statement, it comes across as complaining.

What makes you a hypocrite is the list of things that you said about Traverse City that make it a great place to live in your view. A balanced budget, a growing tax base, and a popular destination spot for people unhappy with other places. Florida has a balanced budget. Florida's population is growing (and at 10x the national average), so its tax base is growing. And it is obviously popular, as is DeSantis himself down there who won in 2022 by a significant margin. But you won't acknowledge that all of these things are true about Florida.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic