Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 25 at 5:30p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Residents abandoning shithole cities post-Covid

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Ben Zonia

Re: Residents abandoning shithole cities post-Covid

Post by Ben Zonia » Sun May 21, 2023 8:57 pm

As far as the most arrogant people I've ever encountered, TC Talks is at least close to #1. TC Talks should quit posting. If he's so important, why is he wasting time on this board?

"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

Colonel Flagg

Post by Colonel Flagg » Sun May 21, 2023 9:10 pm

Ben Zonia wrote:
Sun May 21, 2023 8:57 pm
As far as the most arrogant people I've ever encountered, TC Talks is at least close to #1. TC Talks should quit posting. If he's so important, why is he wasting time on this board?
You ask a very good question, indeed. :hat

"Don't you knock when you enter a room?"

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun May 21, 2023 9:28 pm

Colonel Flagg wrote:
Sun May 21, 2023 9:10 pm
Ben Zonia wrote:
Are you implying nobody here is important?

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Sun May 21, 2023 10:28 pm

Rate This wrote:
Sun May 21, 2023 9:28 pm
Colonel Flagg wrote:
Sun May 21, 2023 9:10 pm
Ben Zonia wrote:
Are you implying nobody here is important?
We're not implying that no one is important, just that high level group broadcast executives only occasionally lurk here, and even fewer post here. Every day I ask myself why I do. I remember that there were some owners who forbade their employees to post here, and that they had better not discover that employees were using company computers to even lurk here.

"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun May 21, 2023 10:33 pm

Ben Zonia wrote:
You on several occasions have demonstrated that you have lost your grip on reality. Don't like Traverse City? Don't come here, it's that simple. Otherwise, understand that most of the world doesn't think like you do and learn to accept change.

As far as this board, I've been here longer than you and I call it a hobby. Everyone needs a hobby.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun May 21, 2023 11:11 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Sun May 21, 2023 10:33 pm
Ben Zonia wrote:
You on several occasions have demonstrated that you have lost your grip on reality. Don't like Traverse City? Don't come here, it's that simple. Otherwise, understand that most of the world doesn't think like you do and learn to accept change.

As far as this board, I've been here longer than you and I call it a hobby. Everyone needs a hobby.
We need to find him one then…

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Sun May 21, 2023 11:25 pm

I've read "Rules For Radicals" by Saul Alinsky, and I recognize your attempts to use them on people you disagree with.

99% of the people of the world have not heard of Traverse City. They mainly know of New York City. I dare say I was in Traverse City before you were even born.

-Author Unknown

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon May 22, 2023 4:47 am

Ben Zonia wrote:
Sun May 21, 2023 11:25 pm
I've read "Rules For Radicals" by Saul Alinsky, and I recognize your attempts to use them on people you disagree with.

99% of the people of the world have not heard of Traverse City. They mainly know of New York City. I dare say I was in Traverse City before you were even born.
And your point?

My point is that you seem to want Traverse City to be convenient for you and unless you like how the DDA and City Commission are running the city, you might be happier elsewhere. You cant argue that it's successful with a balanced budget, growing tax base, and popularity. Complaining won't help much.

As for calling me a radical; First, thank you. Second, there, are a bunch of older white men in this political forum (where we are encouraged to debate) who just haven't figured out that the world around them has and is changing. In your case, I am not asking for you to accept anything, just get out of the way. Third, you became a project of mine when you created a user specifically to harrass me. Sorry if my response wasn't what you were hoping for but I'm curious as to how you thought I would react to your trolling.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon May 22, 2023 7:30 am

TC Talks wrote:
Mon May 22, 2023 4:47 am
Ben Zonia wrote:

And your point?

My point is that you seem to want Traverse City to be convenient for you and unless you like how the DDA and City Commission are running the city, you might be happier elsewhere. You cant argue that it's successful with a balanced budget, growing tax base, and popularity. Complaining won't help much.

As for calling me a radical; First, thank you. Second, there, are a bunch of older white men in this political forum (where we are encouraged to debate) who just haven't figured out that the world around them has and is changing. In your case, I am not asking for you to accept anything, just get out of the way. Third, you became a project of mine when you created a user specifically to harrass me. Sorry if my response wasn't what you were hoping for but I'm curious as to how you thought I would react to your trolling.
Have you read “rules for radicals?”… I had never heard of it until right wing folk started telling me I’ve read it and actively use it’s content…

teetoppz28

Post by teetoppz28 » Mon May 22, 2023 9:20 am

TC Talks wrote:
Oh, they've figured it out... They call it WoKe because education, change, and progress is ScArY!! :rollin

Dropping knowledge on forum MAGAts.
Unapologetically intellectually superior.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon May 22, 2023 10:26 am

Rate This wrote:
Mon May 22, 2023 7:30 am
TC Talks wrote:
Ben Zonia wrote:

And your point?

Have you read “rules for radicals?”… I had never heard of it until right wing folk started telling me I’ve read it and actively use it’s content…
I prefer Slavoj Zizek or Noam Chomsky

― Noam Chomsky

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon May 22, 2023 10:52 am

TC Talks wrote:
...the world around them has and is changing....I am not asking for you to accept anything, just get out of the way...
teetoppz28 wrote:
Mon May 22, 2023 9:20 am
Oh, they've figured it out... They call it WoKe because education, change, and progress is ScArY!! :rollin
These 2 comments illustrate the root of why I despise (modern day) liberalism. We can't just have a rational, logical debate about various topics. No, your side comes at the debate with a belief that your version of change is MORALLY SUPERIOR to anybody else's, and that as such, Conservatives are not just people with whom you disagree on things, but are actually morally inferior to you, and as such, really have no standing in society (ie, they should just get the hell out of your way). Basically, racism except skin color is replaced with political views.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Mon May 22, 2023 11:08 am

bmw wrote:
Mon May 22, 2023 10:52 am
TC Talks wrote:
...the world around them has and is changing....I am not asking for you to accept anything, just get out of the way...
teetoppz28 wrote:
These 2 comments illustrate the root of why I despise (modern day) liberalism. We can't just have a rational, logical debate about various topics. No, your side comes at the debate with a belief that your version of change is MORALLY SUPERIOR to anybody else's, and that as such, Conservatives are not just people with whom you disagree on things, but are actually morally inferior to you, and as such, really have no standing in society (ie, they should just get the hell out of your way). Basically, racism except skin color is replaced with political views.
A certain radio host explains it this way. Conservatives think liberals are people with bad ideas. Liberals think conservatives are bad people that have ideas.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon May 22, 2023 11:10 am

bmw wrote:
Mon May 22, 2023 10:52 am
TC Talks wrote:
teetoppz28 wrote:
Let’s have a logical discussion… lots of the folks opposing all of the changes in society are scared to death in an irrational way based on what they are being told by people who know better but make tons of money off of it. Try a man on the street with many of them some time… even those from your side. You’ll be terrified I guarantee it.

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon May 22, 2023 12:15 pm

Rate This wrote:
Mon May 22, 2023 11:10 am
Let’s have a logical discussion… lots of the folks opposing all of the changes in society are scared to death in an irrational way based on what they are being told by people who know better but make tons of money off of it.
You mean like changing from Roe v. Wade being the law of the land to states now deciding the abortion issue? Is this the kind of change you're talking about?

Sarcasm aside, your position here comes off as one of moral superiority - that people who oppose the changes in society that you support can't think for themselves but instead form their opinions based on the money-driven opinions of others. There are perfectly rational reasons to be deeply concerned about some of the changes that are rapidly happening in this country.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic