Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Biden Admin Pushed Out $182 Billion Worth Of Regulations In A Single Week

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
audiophile

Biden Admin Pushed Out $182 Billion Worth Of Regulations In A Single Week

Post by audiophile » Tue May 09, 2023 7:50 am

I do not agree with this new proposed regulation. We already have the strictest standards in the world, and this regulation is concerning CO2, which over 60% of electric power is from coal and natural gas, and being the power plant is only 20% efficient, so in the short run this is step backwards by essentially forcing "coal-fired" electric vehicles.
The Biden administration last week proposed or finalized regulations totaling $182 billion in compliance costs while adding 1.8 million yearly paperwork hours, according to a report by the American Action Forum (AAF).

The most expensive rule for consumers was the Environmental Protection Agency ‘s (EPA) strict new tailpipe emissions limits for passenger cars, which would cost businesses roughly $180 billion in “vehicle technology costs” through 2055, the AAF calculated, citing the government’s own publicly available cost-benefit analyses of each regulation. The proposed regulation — which the EPA hopes will push two-thirds of all passenger car sales after 2032 to be all-electric — was initially announced in April alongside comparable regulation for heavy-duty vehicles, and was formally proposed on May 5.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... r-AA1aUXB7

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

teetoppz28

Re: Biden Admin Pushed Out $182 Billion Worth Of Regulations In A Single Week

Post by teetoppz28 » Tue May 09, 2023 2:13 pm

audiophile wrote:
Tue May 09, 2023 7:50 am
I do not agree with this new proposed regulation. We already have the strictest standards in the world, and this regulation is concerning CO2, which over 60% of electric power is from coal and natural gas, and being the power plant is only 20% efficient, so in the short run this is step backwards by essentially forcing "coal-fired" electric vehicles.
But I thought the backwoods hillbilly tRumpanzees were touting ClEaN cOaL as the greatest fuel source ever?!?!?

As the obese orange face said himself:
And we then did the war on clean, beautiful coal, and we are putting — and you see it better than almost anybody — our coal miners. They’re all back to work, and they’re going back to work. Clean coal, clean coal. Nobody thought that was going to happen so fast, either.
:rollin
Dropping knowledge on forum MAGAts.
Unapologetically intellectually superior.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue May 09, 2023 2:19 pm

At some point can someone who understands macro finance can explain to Audiophile that running a government isn't like running your household finances? Most of these were Trump era rollbacks of solid necessary regulation.

You're happy with all the child labor that is showing up in our country?

It's just not worth my time.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Tue May 09, 2023 4:44 pm

TCT why don't you post your videos of driving your Detroit Diesel bus 1500 miles on here, then we can have a "necessary regulation" discussion, LOL.

I could post it for you, but I won't do it if you tell me not too.
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue May 09, 2023 5:12 pm

Older diesel buses are now illegal in California. I am converting that bus to ev with the help of Detroit Diesel and possibly ZF. The company is actually sponsoring the conversion, so it's still hush hush, keep it between us.

https://demanddetroit.com/emobility/epowertrain/

Detroit Diesel is now an EV company, you should jump of the bandwagon and be part of the future.

I wonder if the ev manufacturers are lobbying to have these regulations created, or is it the majority of Americans who are concerned about this issue...

https://bible.org/article/christian-environmentalism

Does Christian Environmentalism have a place in your heart?
Last edited by TC Talks on Tue May 09, 2023 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Tue May 09, 2023 5:23 pm

Sounds like a pipe dream because the bus structure could never handle the battery weight for any significant travel distance.

Take physics dude.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue May 09, 2023 5:32 pm

audiophile wrote:
Tue May 09, 2023 5:23 pm
Sounds like a pipe dream because the bus structure could never handle the battery weight for any significant travel distance.

Take physics dude.
Too bad you're not an engineer in the automotive sector. You are way off on that concern.

420kWh battery pack weighs about 5,000 pounds. The engine is 4200, transmission 900, radiator 1400, 60 gallon fuel capacity 450. Replacing those alone would be a net gain.

Take math dude.

https://electriccarexperience.com/elect ... t-per-kwh/
Last edited by TC Talks on Tue May 09, 2023 5:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
― Noam Chomsky

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Tue May 09, 2023 5:44 pm

Radiator 1400? LOL

Engine is 2150 pounds.
https://www.dieselpartsdirect.com/docum ... -truck.pdf

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue May 09, 2023 5:48 pm

audiophile wrote:
Tue May 09, 2023 5:44 pm
Radiator 1400? LOL
22 gallons of fluid in a 4x5x3 foot metal box, plus fan and shroud. The radiator tubes that travel 32 feet to the front and back are all cooper.

The short block is 2150. Blower is 250 on its own. Heads, compressor, two alternators, 30 gallons of oil, mounting assembly... 4200.
― Noam Chomsky

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue May 09, 2023 6:35 pm

audiophile wrote:
Tue May 09, 2023 5:23 pm

Take physics dude.
Are you completely high? The bus is designed to hold 40 some people and thousands of pounds of their stuff… stick to horses and buggies if this is too complex.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Tue May 09, 2023 9:37 pm

This vehicle was never designed for batteries and passengers. You'll need a fifteen thousand battery to go 200 miles, which is a pretty short range even without passengers.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue May 09, 2023 10:30 pm

audiophile wrote:
Tue May 09, 2023 9:37 pm
This vehicle was never designed for batteries and passengers. You'll need a fifteen thousand battery to go 200 miles, which is a pretty short range even without passengers.
The batteries probably weigh less than a full compliment of people and luggage… the guy uses the bus for a motorhome… he’s not putting 40 people, a full compliment of luggage and a ton of batteries on it.

Why are you so against progress when even the market itself is going EV or at the very least hybrid? Just like many coal plants switched to natural gas that burns very very clean. So clean power for a clean car… you neo-Amish are something else…

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Tue May 09, 2023 10:45 pm

Come on, Audio, get with the times. It's time to adapt to 21st century technology. Quit fighting it, you old fuddy duddy.
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed May 10, 2023 6:29 am

Turkeytop wrote:
Tue May 09, 2023 10:45 pm
Come on, Audio, get with the times. It's time to adapt to 21st century technology. Quit fighting it, you old fuddy duddy.
Post of the year! :lol

I have been conserving my entire life, but I do not agree government should be mandating on this short timetable as the electric grid cannot handle it without massive changes. I'm concerned about rolling brown outs (which will return to a third-world status) massive electric rate increases plus lack of road funds from no road taxes being collected.

60% of electricity is still "fossil fuels" run through a 20% efficient steam turbine/electric grid. We would far better off to that same natural gas into a 40% efficient engine, with mild hybrid technology to recover braking losses.

If it's all about conservation, we're missing the mark because we're caught up in buzzwords like "electric" forgetting where the electricity comes from.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Wed May 10, 2023 8:13 am

audiophile wrote:
Wed May 10, 2023 6:29 am
Turkeytop wrote:
Tue May 09, 2023 10:45 pm
Post of the year! :lol

I have been conserving my entire life, but I do not agree government should be mandating on this short timetable as the electric grid cannot handle it without massive changes. I'm concerned about rolling brown outs (which will return to a third-world status) massive electric rate increases plus lack of road funds from no road taxes being collected.

60% of electricity is still "fossil fuels" run through a 20% efficient steam turbine/electric grid. We would far better off to that same natural gas into a 40% efficient engine, with mild hybrid technology to recover braking losses.

If it's all about conservation, we're missing the mark because we're caught up in buzzwords like "electric" forgetting where the electricity comes from.
We're already seeing that with DTE's 30% increase in the cost for "peak time" electricity over the "non peak" power.

We're lucky last year wasn't a very hot one, as they FREQUENTLY hit peak production last year. Just a 5% percent increase would have caused them to start shutting down all the air conditioners they could.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic