Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Kansas 6-year-old shot to death while playing in front yard

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Taco

Kansas 6-year-old shot to death while playing in front yard

Post by Taco » Fri May 05, 2023 3:22 pm

Bastards! When will it end?

Woe to you, oh earth and sea
For the Devil sends the beast with wrath
Because he knows the time is short
Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast
For it is a human number
Its number is six hundred and sixty-six

Turkeytop

Re: Kansas 6-year-old shot to death while playing in front yard

Post by Turkeytop » Fri May 05, 2023 3:26 pm

The gun enthusiast was just being polite. An armed society is a polite society.
Last edited by Turkeytop on Fri May 05, 2023 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Taco

Post by Taco » Fri May 05, 2023 3:36 pm

It seems like many people just accept this as a norm and go about their lives. This is not right. Killings should not be normal. How many people have to be gunned down before action is taken? Is there even a hard number? Are people so in love with their guns and the right to bear arms that they are willing to let hundreds of thousands of innocent people die just to not be inconvenienced with a few restrictions?! I get the impression that people care about their guns and right to bear arms more than human lives. Really doesn't say much about us in this country.
For it is a human number

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Fri May 05, 2023 5:20 pm

What would make me feel better is if people would at least come in and say "Jesus tap dancing Christ. Such a Goddamn tragedy. What a shame. I really feel for that kid and their family" before they get into the "I know EXACTLY what some guy meant when he wrote it down in 1749" or whatever.
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

km1125

Post by km1125 » Fri May 05, 2023 7:22 pm

Taco wrote:
Fri May 05, 2023 3:36 pm
It seems like many people just accept this as a norm and go about their lives. This is not right. Killings should not be normal. How many people have to be gunned down before action is taken? Is there even a hard number? Are people so in love with their guns and the right to bear arms that they are willing to let hundreds of thousands of innocent people die just to not be inconvenienced with a few restrictions?! I get the impression that people care about their guns and right to bear arms more than human lives. Really doesn't say much about us in this country.
So you take away all the guns from those folks who are willing to follow that law, how does it stop things like this?? Do you really think those thugs are going to just give up THEIR guns because you created another law?? Good chance they're already violating the current laws just possessing the guns they have, in addition to violating the MURDER law when they killed that kid!!

Do you REALLY think that passing a "no more guns" law is suddenly going to make them into good law abiding citizens??

Good grief! SMDH!

Taco

Post by Taco » Fri May 05, 2023 8:31 pm

Well, what do you suggest be done? The current laws need more enforcement and scrutiny, no doubt about that. All I am saying it seems like a lot of gun owners are placing more value on their rights and guns rather the lives of the innocent. I'm not saying in anyway that people should have to surrender their guns. But many weapons should be restricted to military, police, and CBP use only. The average citizen doesn't need weapons of mass destruction.
km1125 wrote:
Fri May 05, 2023 7:22 pm
Taco wrote:
So you take away all the guns from those folks who are willing to follow that law, how does it stop things like this?? Do you really think those thugs are going to just give up THEIR guns because you created another law?? Good chance they're already violating the current laws just possessing the guns they have, in addition to violating the MURDER law when they killed that kid!!

Do you REALLY think that passing a "no more guns" law is suddenly going to make them into good law abiding citizens??

Good grief! SMDH!
For it is a human number

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri May 05, 2023 10:13 pm

km1125 wrote:
Fri May 05, 2023 7:22 pm
Taco wrote:

Good grief! SMDH!
Backed by a mid-evil threat.. sure do.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic