Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Trump Claims He Will Be Indicted Tuesday

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
bmw

Re: Trump Claims He Will Be Indicted Tuesday

Post by bmw » Fri Mar 31, 2023 5:38 pm

Lester The Nightfly wrote:
Fri Mar 31, 2023 1:30 pm
Of course it's an expression. No surprise it went over his head. Too busy weaponizing people's mental heath issues. What kind of sick fuck does that?
Spare me the moral outrage. After some things you said about me a few years ago in here, the gloves are off.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Mar 31, 2023 6:49 pm

bmw wrote:
Fri Mar 31, 2023 5:38 pm
Of course it's an expression. No surprise it went over his head. Too busy weaponizing people's mental heath issues. What kind of sick fuck does that?
Spare me the moral outrage. After some things you said about me a few years ago in here, the gloves are off.
But your attempt was simply lame…

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Fri Mar 31, 2023 7:19 pm

bmw wrote:
Fri Mar 31, 2023 5:38 pm
Sound like a threat of violence has been made. Wonder how MW's terms of use resolves users making threats on his website. Liability? By all rights he should perma-ban both of us.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Fri Mar 31, 2023 9:19 pm

Threats? LOL

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Fri Mar 31, 2023 9:30 pm

We're all a little fucked up in the head though, aren't we?

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Mar 31, 2023 9:31 pm

audiophile wrote:
Fri Mar 31, 2023 9:19 pm
Threats? LOL
Yeah, that was decidedly NOT a threat.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Apr 01, 2023 9:15 am

I think it was attempt at sarcasm, "the gloves are off" being a figurative phrase in the same way as losing sleep at night; the literal definition of the gloves being off being somebody ready to physically fight.

Except that, saying the gloves are off in an internet forum is a figurative phrase 100% of the time while some people do literally lose sleep at night over various things. In Lester's case, he has exhibited such a seething hatred of Donald Trump that him literally losing sleep at night seems plausible, especially considering that studies show that Democrats have significantly more mental health problems than do Republicans or Independents.
Results demonstrate a clear partisan distress gap, with Democrats consistently reporting worse mental health than Republicans. Trend data suggest that the 2020 pandemic patterns are a continuation and exacerbation of an existing partisan distress gap. Consideration of race, however, demonstrates a widening partisan distress gap, specific to white Americans. Among white Americans, therefore, Democrats experienced a substantially greater increase in distress in response to the pandemic than Republicans.

Translation: I'm not "weaponizing" one's mental health. Rather I'm suggesting that it may be caused or at least exaggerated by being an extreme leftist partisan.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Apr 01, 2023 9:44 am

Neat studies, but when you compare this to white vs poc stats, they look the same.

Thanks for confirming that Trumpers are largely entitled white people without a care for their fellow man.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Apr 01, 2023 11:08 am

TC Talks wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2023 9:44 am
Neat studies, but when you compare this to white vs poc stats, they look the same.
But are people of color unhappy because they're people of color, or are they unhappy because they're Democrats?

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Apr 01, 2023 1:44 pm

bmw wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2023 11:08 am
TC Talks wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2023 9:44 am
But are people of color unhappy because they're people of color, or are they unhappy because they're Democrats?
If you were a minority having to prove yourself in order to be accepted by society wouldn’t you be unhappy?

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Apr 04, 2023 3:09 pm

Trump has pled not guilty to a staggering 34 felony charges of falsifying business records.

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Apr 04, 2023 4:25 pm

Here's the full language of the indictment:

https://www.scribd.com/document/6361000 ... from_embed

Each and every one of the 36 counts starts out as:
AND THE GRAND JURY AFORESAID, by this indictment, further accuses the defendant of the crime of FALSIFYING BUSINESS RECORDS IN THE FIRST DEGREE,in violation of Penal Law §175.10, committed as follows:

The defendant, in the County of New York and elsewhere, on or about June 19, 2017, with intent to defraud and intent to commit another crime and aid and conceal the commission thereof...
But what is the "another crime"? What other crime is Trump alleged to have committed? What am I missing here?

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Apr 04, 2023 4:51 pm

How did Capone go down?

It wasn't for being a gangster...

On another Trump front (of 6 legal issues he has)
Washington
CNN

Former President Donald Trump’s legal team has lost a bid for emergency help from the federal appeals court in Washington, DC, to block some of his closest advisers from testifying about him to a grand jury, including former White House chief of staff Mark Meadows, according to a new court filing.

Trump’s team on Monday night asked for the appeals court to wipe away a lower court’s ruling that would force several of his top advisers to answer questions to a grand jury investigating Trump and his allies’ attempts to overturn the 2020 presidential election, despite his claims of legal protections around his presidency that would shield some of their testimony.

The appeals court denied his request on Tuesday, dealing Trump another legal setback just before he is set to enter a courtroom in Manhattan to face criminal charges in a separate investigation.

The swift decision means advisers to Trump, including Meadows, could be brought into the federal grand jury in Washington by prosecutors in the coming days. Trump would need a court to intervene in his favor in order to block their subpoenas.

By early Tuesday afternoon, prosecutors from the special counsel’s office who are focused on January 6-related cases already had brought former Homeland Security acting secretary Ken Cuccinelli back to the grand jury. Cuccinelli previously testified to the grand jury in Washington in January.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic