Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

A major new study shows that masks don't stop the spread of COVID. Will the mandaters apologize?

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
audiophile

Re: A major new study shows that masks don't stop the spread of COVID. Will the mandaters apologize?

Post by audiophile » Wed Feb 08, 2023 6:12 am

oh snap!

‘Scientific And Public Health Failure’: Fauci Admits COVID Shots Didn’t Have A Chance Of Controlling The Pandemic

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medica ... r-AA17dv2d

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Rate This

Re: A major new study shows that masks don't stop the spread of COVID. Will the mandaters apologize?

Post by Rate This » Wed Feb 08, 2023 6:24 am

audiophile wrote:
Wed Feb 08, 2023 6:12 am
oh snap!

‘Scientific And Public Health Failure’: Fauci Admits COVID Shots Didn’t Have A Chance Of Controlling The Pandemic

The headline is way hyped up compared to the content of the article. They admit it hasn’t been as effective as hoped and have hope that the technology can be improved upon. So what? Nobody needs to apologize for trying to make having the virus potentially easier on you. Apologize to yourself for wanting to potentially get sick enough to spend time in the hospital when an alternative was available.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Feb 08, 2023 7:05 am

audiophile wrote:
oh snap!

I've made my opinion of Anthony Fauci known.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Wed Feb 08, 2023 6:33 pm

The appropriate N95 and KN95s work. I will continue wearing mine and continue efforts to protect my health. I don’t care about what Ron Johnson and the RepubliCONs have to say. No pencil pushing office chair fascist lover writing an op ed is going to make me feel differently.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Feb 08, 2023 6:44 pm

Rate This wrote:
Wed Feb 08, 2023 6:24 am
audiophile wrote:
oh snap!

The headline is way hyped up compared to the content of the article. They admit it hasn’t been as effective as hoped and have hope that the technology can be improved upon. So what? Nobody needs to apologize for trying to make having the virus potentially easier on you. Apologize to yourself for wanting to potentially get sick enough to spend time in the hospital when an alternative was available.
Audio wanted this to be true so badly too...

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Thu Feb 09, 2023 8:49 am

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Wed Feb 08, 2023 6:33 pm
The appropriate N95 and KN95s work. I will continue wearing mine and continue efforts to protect my health. I don’t care about what Ron Johnson and the RepubliCONs have to say. No pencil pushing office chair fascist lover writing an op ed is going to make me feel differently.
I don't disagree with you, but Fauci discouraged the use of masks at first and said might make it worse. When questioned in congress his response was:

oh we going to play that game..healthcare providers needed masks...

Last edited by audiophile on Thu Feb 09, 2023 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Feb 09, 2023 8:58 am

You will always find descent in science. One study does not negate the complete works before it.

If you get agreement from many scientists, then you generally have a right answer.

Since this was published in the prestigious "Daily Caller" and nowhere else, it's probably conspiracy hype more than substance.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Thu Feb 09, 2023 9:17 am

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Feb 09, 2023 11:26 am

I can't believe anyone would defend Fauci...

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Round Six

Post by Round Six » Thu Feb 09, 2023 1:25 pm

Earlier in this thread, I said frequently washing your hands will prevent Covid, the flu and a cold more effectively than a mask. But in retrospect, I gave this another consideration. If you're wearing a mask, that means you're not touching your mouth and nose. So I suppose in a roundabout way, they do help.

Life is not a dress rehearsal. This is it. There's no going back, and we can only go forward before we run out of runway.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Feb 09, 2023 6:48 pm

audiophile wrote:
Thu Feb 09, 2023 8:49 am
I don't disagree with you, but Fauci discouraged the use of masks at first and said might make it worse. When questioned in congress his response was:

Hold up, we were ALL dealing with a new pandemic and checking to see what the solutions were. Your right wing ilk was blaming 5G for COVID deaths. You want to play the history game? We can go there.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Feb 09, 2023 7:22 pm

Audio had found something he and bmw can cling on to, now maybe they can let this go, and find a new conspiracy.

― Noam Chomsky

zzand

Post by zzand » Thu Feb 09, 2023 7:38 pm

Adding my two cents. I got cocky and stopped wearing my mask and got Covid. I am back to wearing my mask.

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Feb 09, 2023 11:05 pm

zzand wrote:
Thu Feb 09, 2023 7:38 pm
Adding my two cents. I got cocky and stopped wearing my mask and got Covid. I am back to wearing my mask.
I'm just curious - if the vaccine didn't stop you from getting it, what makes you think that a mask will?

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Fri Feb 10, 2023 5:47 am

Thu Feb 09, 2023 6:48 pm
audiophile wrote:
Thu Feb 09, 2023 8:49 am

Hold up, we were ALL dealing with a new pandemic and checking to see what the solutions were. Your right wing ilk was blaming 5G for COVID deaths. You want to play the history game? We can go there.
Did you not listen to what Fauci said? He lied so the government could procure PPE for itself.

The 5G theory is stupid, but has nothing to with this discussion of government officials' misinformation.

Cheap masks did nothing to stop the spread, but the government knew N95's would.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic