Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Chinese spy balloon

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Chinese spy balloon

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Feb 03, 2023 9:15 am

I'm not buying the explanation as to why this alleged spy balloon was not shot down; the risk of injury to those on the ground would've been miniscule. We're talking a mountainous, very rural region here.

https://www.woodtv.com/news/nexstar-med ... estern-us/

Either our military is inept, or this balloon is something other than the Pentagon claims.

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

Chrocket87

Re: Chinese spy balloon

Post by Chrocket87 » Fri Feb 03, 2023 9:20 am

Oh, calm down! It’s only being used for “civilian” purposes. *wink*

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Fri Feb 03, 2023 11:37 am

Blow this mother fucker out of the sky!

The censorship king from out of state.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Fri Feb 03, 2023 11:58 am

If they could somehow put a couple bullet holes in it it would slowly float down intact.

I no longer directly engage trolls

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Fri Feb 03, 2023 12:47 pm

A balloon seems like primitive technology for spying. Have they never heard of satellites?

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Fri Feb 03, 2023 2:23 pm

I'm not on Facebook and don't go on reddit. If someone would be kind enough to repost the most improbable shit that is certainly speculated there, I would be forever in your debt.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Fri Feb 03, 2023 2:40 pm

Maybe they could give our VP a blow gun with a dart. I heard she had a lot of practice with blowing things.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Fri Feb 03, 2023 5:03 pm

"My girlfriend sucked 37 dicks!"

"In a row?"

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Feb 03, 2023 5:25 pm

"Hey, try not to suck any dick on the way through the parking lot."

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Fri Feb 03, 2023 6:14 pm

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Feb 03, 2023 6:26 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 2:23 pm
I'm not on Facebook and don't go on reddit. If someone would be kind enough to repost the most improbable shit that is certainly speculated there, I would be forever in your debt.
Craziest thing I've seen is that the balloon is codenamed Tuck and people in ND are screaming "TUCK COMIN'!" Mat Ishbia is frantically trying to pay the balloon $10M/year.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Feb 03, 2023 6:46 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 5:03 pm
"My girlfriend sucked 37 dicks!"

"In a row?"
Excellent film

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Round Six

Post by Round Six » Fri Feb 03, 2023 7:01 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 12:47 pm
A balloon seems like primitive technology for spying. Have they never heard of satellites?
Here's the thing.
China is saying it's a research balloon. Meteorological, something along those lines. If this really is a research balloon, I'm thinking it can't be the only one China has. And a research balloon would not be some sort of clandestine object that other scientists and nations would not have more detailed information and pictures of. Seems there is a lack of information on the typical Chinese research balloon being put forth following this story breaking.

The Pentagon isn't buying Beijing's story. A senior U.S. official says the balloon is carrying heavy equipment and is the size of at least two school buses. Hitting the ground at significant speed if shot down, would raise the possibility of civilian casualties and other collateral damage. Sounds like our government knows some details about this hot air object. There just may be some credence that this is indeed a spy balloon.

Although I do suspect it wasn't supposed to head our way.
Perhaps it's the sort of thing the Chinese use over Taiwan or another locale closer to home.

Life is not a dress rehearsal. This is it. There's no going back, and we can only go forward before we run out of runway.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Fri Feb 03, 2023 7:18 pm

Matt wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 6:26 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 2:23 pm
Craziest thing I've seen is that the balloon is codenamed Tuck and people in ND are screaming "TUCK COMIN'!" Mat Ishbia is frantically trying to pay the balloon $10M/year.
:lol Not bad at all!

Though I would not be surprised to see that on Mgoblob.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:05 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 12:47 pm
Balloons have a minimal radar profile, satellites don't. There are lots of "primitive technologies" that work far better than their high-tech counterparts.

I heard someone who is big in the surveillance business mention that it's not unheard of that even the US will use balloons, particularly if they need something in the air in a hurry. Booking a rocket to transport the gear to space isn't something that happens quickly. Even military launches are often booked years before the flight.

Remember these aren't just flying willy-nilly. Controlled balloon flights are not unusual. A few years back I was staying in a hotel in the middle of the Nevada desert and got to chatting with a guy who was asking the front desk if it would be alright if he ran an AC extension cord from his room to an area in back of the hotel where some very fancy electronic and satellite gear was being set up. Turned out he was on the team working with Google on their project to float ISP equipment via balloon to provide internet service to remote locations. Although he wouldn't tell me specially how accurately they could hold a balloon in one location, he did say doing that was not the biggest problem they were running into.
Last edited by Lester The Nightfly on Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic