Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Gaffe Machine Strikes Again.

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
craig11152

Re: Gaffe Machine Strikes Again.

Post by craig11152 » Thu Jan 26, 2023 10:17 am

Rate This wrote:
Thu Jan 26, 2023 9:48 am
craig11152 wrote:
Thu Jan 26, 2023 8:49 am
A gaffe and a lie aren't the same thing
A gaffe and an incredibly insensitive statement (whether true, false or an opinion) aren't the same thing, assuming the insensitive statement was intended as spoken.

I think trump is more guilty of the later than the former in both examples above.
Trump is incredibly insensitive. His beliefs are often incredibly polarizing. He lies more often than most politicians.
But when he opens his mouth most of the time he says what he intends. Those aren't gaffes, those are the words of an obnoxious human being.

Biden does commit gaffes, a fair number of them. They are essentially harmless on the surface. But they can't constantly be shrugged off. At some point they need to be charted to see if they are increasing and if so are they a sign of cognitive decline accelerating? The guy is 80 years old and as far as I know thinking of running again in 2024.
At some point democrat's need to start talking out loud whether he is their guy going forward.
And to be clear republicans need to shit can Trump and find a new "leader".
We have wings for pigs on backorder already.
Not sure how to interpret that response.
I thought I made several points (opinions to be sure) open to discussion or dispute.
If that is what you bring to the table I need you to clarify if you would.

I no longer directly engage trolls

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Jan 26, 2023 12:03 pm

craig11152 wrote:
Thu Jan 26, 2023 10:17 am
Rate This wrote:
Thu Jan 26, 2023 9:48 am
craig11152 wrote:
A gaffe and an incredibly insensitive statement (whether true, false or an opinion) aren't the same thing, assuming the insensitive statement was intended as spoken.

I think trump is more guilty of the later than the former in both examples above.
Trump is incredibly insensitive. His beliefs are often incredibly polarizing. He lies more often than most politicians.
But when he opens his mouth most of the time he says what he intends. Those aren't gaffes, those are the words of an obnoxious human being.

Biden does commit gaffes, a fair number of them. They are essentially harmless on the surface. But they can't constantly be shrugged off. At some point they need to be charted to see if they are increasing and if so are they a sign of cognitive decline accelerating? The guy is 80 years old and as far as I know thinking of running again in 2024.
At some point democrat's need to start talking out loud whether he is their guy going forward.
We have wings for pigs on backorder already.
Not sure how to interpret that response.
I thought I made several points (opinions to be sure) open to discussion or dispute.
If that is what you bring to the table I need you to clarify if you would.
Neither party is gonna dump their man it appears. Which is to all of our detriment.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Fri Jan 27, 2023 7:03 pm

craig11152 wrote:

Good points.

Hot off the presses: A gaffe about a gaffe!!!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... r-AA16Mwzk

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic