Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Trump Tax Returns

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
bmw

Re: Trump Tax Returns

Post by bmw » Fri Dec 30, 2022 10:04 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Fri Dec 30, 2022 8:33 pm
Spend a few minutes with this and you realize what a trust fund deadbeat Trump really is...

Consider his tax returns evidence of many crimes.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/12/30/us/p ... aways.html
Saying that the documents in question are "evidence of many crimes" doesn't answer my question, which was what law enforcement purpose releasing said "evidence" to the public serves. Prosecutors don't normally go around releasing evidence of crimes to the public prior to people being arrested.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Dec 30, 2022 10:50 pm

bmw wrote:
Fri Dec 30, 2022 10:04 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Fri Dec 30, 2022 8:33 pm
Spend a few minutes with this and you realize what a trust fund deadbeat Trump really is...

Consider his tax returns evidence of many crimes.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/12/30/us/p ... aways.html
Saying that the documents in question are "evidence of many crimes" doesn't answer my question, which was what law enforcement purpose releasing said "evidence" to the public serves. Prosecutors don't normally go around releasing evidence of crimes to the public prior to people being arrested.
Did you read why they did it? Sounds valid to me.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Dec 30, 2022 11:07 pm

Democrats cast the move as necessary oversight on a president who broke decades of precedent in declining to release his returns.

“Trump acted as though he had something to hide, a pattern consistent with the recent conviction of his family business for criminal tax fraud,” Representative Don Beyer, Democrat of Virginia and a Ways and Means Committee member, said in a news release. “As the public will now be able to see, Trump used questionable or poorly substantiated deductions and a number of other tax avoidance schemes as justification to pay little or no federal income tax in several of the years examined.”
The "decades of precedent" were voluntary. So the committee took it upon itself to enforce said precedent on a political enemy. I'm sorry, but this reeks of abuse of power. As I said, if he committed a crime and his tax filings show it, then CHARGE HIM with a crime. There's no justification to release this kind of stuff to the public prior to doing so.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Dec 31, 2022 8:23 am

It's so on brand that some of the lefties don't see an issue with this unprecedented release.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Dec 31, 2022 9:01 am

Trump's criminal activity is also unprecedented. Name another President whom Congress has found to be responsible insurection. You can't deny that he's a criminal.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Dec 31, 2022 9:09 am

TC Talks wrote:
Sat Dec 31, 2022 9:01 am
Trump's criminal activity is also unprecedented. Name another President whom Congress has found to be responsible insurection. You can't deny that he's a criminal.
THEN. FUCKING. CHARGE. HIM.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Dec 31, 2022 9:10 am

Matt wrote:
Sat Dec 31, 2022 9:09 am
TC Talks wrote:
Sat Dec 31, 2022 9:01 am
THEN. FUCKING. CHARGE. HIM.
See the numerous previous comments about how the justice system works.
Prosecute Trump? Merrick Garland is investigating aggressively but prosecuting cautiously
https://www.latimes.com/politics/story/ ... cautiously

― Noam Chomsky

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Dec 31, 2022 9:35 am

Matt wrote:
Sat Dec 31, 2022 8:23 am
It's so on brand that some of the lefties don't see an issue with this unprecedented release.
At least TurkeyTop gets it. As does this guy: https://news.bloombergtax.com/tax-insig ... im-instead - a tax lawyer who can't stand Donald Trump, but also argues the following:
I’m struggling to find a justification for the public release of his tax returns with the information currently available. If there’s evidence of a crime, he should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law; otherwise, releasing them only results in political embarrassment. If that had any effect, he’d have dissolved into a cloud of dust years ago.

The release, however, brings some temporary satiation to the injustice inherent every time he claimed he would soon release them. It helps quell the feeling that the rich and powerful are never held accountable—that deep-seated feeling in many of us that his presidency handed him a permanent get-out-of-jail-free card. Prosecute, or keep private—but don’t persecute.

But we know none of it will help rebuild the norms he destroyed or undo the damage done in his name on Jan. 6, 2021. It also won’t dissuade financial criminals from seeking high office in the future. Congress is right to focus on legislation mandating the public release of financial details for any individual seeking high office. Trump is seeking re-election in 2024, and he should be compelled to release details of his financial dealings owing to that. But outing him as woefully less wealthy than he claims, or whatever other legal-but-embarrassing details may be found in his returns, can only bolster his own perception of victimhood.
Outside of a few specific details (for instance, I think any new requirements to become President should be done via Constitutional amendment, not Congressional legislation), I generally agree with this, as should any sane leftist. But since we all know that TC Talks is a political hack...

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Dec 31, 2022 10:02 am

And your blind aligence to a criminal and morally bankrupt human still shines through.

I think your acceptance of the mid-term elections was a moment of growth for you. You still have some things to learn.

― Noam Chomsky

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sat Dec 31, 2022 10:30 am

Wait. I think I see what's going on here. They're trying to try him in the court of public opinion. I don't know if anyone has noticed yet, but there is nothing...NOTHING that can happen that will make people change their minds on him. They're gonna have to bring some kind of criminal charge (that will actually stick) or they have to stop playing around. I know the justice system works slow (unless it's one of us, because Donnie is definitely not one of the elites), but we're gonna be doing this for years. Nail his ass or drop it.

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Circle Seven

Post by Circle Seven » Sat Dec 31, 2022 1:04 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Sat Dec 31, 2022 10:02 am
And your blind aligence to a criminal and morally bankrupt human still shines through.

I think your acceptance of the mid-term elections was a moment of growth for you. You still have some things to learn.
Regardless of what the returns say, no matter what nefarious findings are in them, why release them? That question has been asked of you on more than one occasion.

Tax lawyers that hate Trump are saying they shouldn't of been released.

What do the midterm elections, mounting an insurrection, the findings of the Jan 6th committee, or other things you have brought up have to do with the question you are being asked, Strawman?

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Dec 31, 2022 3:42 pm

Congress is probably loaded with tax cheats. That's a bit of irony in all of this.

The rationale for seeking public release of Trump's tax returns also reeks - "we need to do it for legislative debate and tax policy debate purposes". Give me a break.

Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sat Dec 31, 2022 3:45 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sat Dec 31, 2022 3:42 pm
Congress is probably loaded with tax cheats. That's a bit of irony in all of this.

The rationale for seeking public release of Trump's tax returns also reeks - "we need to do it for legislative debate and tax policy debate purposes". Give me a break.
If they did it only to embarrassTrump it was unnecessary. He embarrasses himself every day.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Sat Dec 31, 2022 4:25 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sat Dec 31, 2022 3:42 pm

Yep. Probably should start releasing the returns on all 535 of them right away.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Sat Dec 31, 2022 4:26 pm

The way the justice system works is a presumption of innocence until one is convicted.

I no longer directly engage trolls

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic