Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Trump Tax Returns

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Turkeytop

Trump Tax Returns

Post by Turkeytop » Fri Dec 30, 2022 11:27 am

I know you've all been waiting for my opinion on this. :lol

The committee was entitled to have the documents and should have had them two years ago.

But releasing them to the public is a cheap political stunt and serves no useful or legitimate purpose.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

TC Talks

Re: Trump Tax Returns

Post by TC Talks » Fri Dec 30, 2022 1:27 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Fri Dec 30, 2022 11:27 am

The committee was entitled to have the documents and should have had them two years ago.

But releasing them to the public is a cheap political stunt and serves no useful or legitimate purpose.
Every President's tax returns should be public. Many have volunteered them.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Fri Dec 30, 2022 1:29 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Fri Dec 30, 2022 1:27 pm
Turkeytop wrote:

Should be, but not mandatory. Trump chose not to follow what is customary. The committee should have respected his choice.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Dec 30, 2022 1:31 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Fri Dec 30, 2022 1:29 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Turkeytop wrote:

Should be, but not mandatory. Trump chose not to follow what is customary. The committee should have respected his choice.
If this is evidence of a crime being committed, then that isn't a typical situation.

There have been many political witch hunts, and this one actually has legs... It sucks to be a criminal.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

km1125

Post by km1125 » Fri Dec 30, 2022 2:16 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Fri Dec 30, 2022 1:29 pm
^^^^ This.

If they need to be made public, then have Congress debate and promote a law actually specifying that. They can debate if it should only be required of the President, or Vice President, or anyone who might be in the line of succession as President, or they can require for any and all elected positions, including the local school board.

Love to see that debate televised!

If they suspect there was a crime and they needed the documents as proof of that crime, then submit a subpoena for the documents and see if there's a "there there". But it better be for the crime you suspect, and not just some fishing expedition!
They already have the documents and if there's a crime included somewhere, then lets talk about that. (but apparently there's not, or we would have heard about it on Day One). That still does not require those documents to be made public.

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Dec 30, 2022 3:06 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Turkeytop wrote:

Last time I checked, Trump isn't President.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Fri Dec 30, 2022 3:26 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Turkeytop wrote:

President? Finally, you admit the shenanigans that took place and Trump is still President in your mind.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Dec 30, 2022 4:12 pm

Bryce wrote:
Fri Dec 30, 2022 3:26 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Turkeytop wrote:

President? Finally, you admit the shenanigans that took place and Trump is still President in your mind.
It sucks to lose an Election, doesn't it?

I'm also wondering why he didn't pay tax in 2020, don't you?

― Noam Chomsky

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Dec 30, 2022 6:40 pm

If he committed a crime, then

Charge.
Him.
With.
A.
Crime.

CHARGE HIM. Do it! Because in the absence of charging him, this looks like exactly what he says it is - a political witch hunt.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Fri Dec 30, 2022 7:04 pm

Beemer has a point. He's had his ass "nailed to the wall" more than an 8 year old's birthday party. Shit or get off the pot. Quit wasting time.

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Dec 30, 2022 7:26 pm

bmw wrote:
Fri Dec 30, 2022 6:40 pm

Charge.
Him.
With.
A.
Crime.

CHARGE HIM. Do it! Because in the absence of charging him, this looks like exactly what he says it is - a political witch hunt.
The Jan. 6th Commission just published the report. They aren't law enforcement.

He or his companies have been entangled in many charges.

If you've been reading then you would know that Garland has been all over the place interviewing people. He doesn't move until he knows he's won. He also doesn't run on Fox News's schedule.

Trump has been rather quiet up until the release of his taxes. He has a truckload of problems.

― Noam Chomsky

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Dec 30, 2022 8:18 pm

What "law enforcement" purpose does releasing Trump's taxes to the public serve?

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Dec 30, 2022 8:33 pm

Spend a few minutes with this and you realize what a trust fund deadbeat Trump really is...

Consider his tax returns evidence of many crimes.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/12/30/us/p ... aways.html

― Noam Chomsky

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Dec 30, 2022 9:03 pm

bmw wrote:

Charge.
Him.
With.
A.
Crime.

They are working on it on many fronts... justice in America is slooooowwwww.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Fri Dec 30, 2022 9:20 pm

Rate This wrote:
Fri Dec 30, 2022 9:03 pm
bmw wrote:

Charge.
Him.
With.
A.
Crime.

They are working on it on many fronts... justice in America is slooooowwwww.
Wrong.

If it was you or me, we would already be enjoying the view from our new cell.

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic