Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Kari Lake’s Take

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
bmw

Re: Kari Lake’s Take

Post by bmw » Mon Dec 26, 2022 6:04 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Mon Dec 26, 2022 4:56 pm
Bmw-

I get it. You guys are the REAL victims. I know, I know. WHATABOUT!? Here's the thing. Be the bigger people. Have the grace. Be above it. Are you just gonna sit here and cry WHATABOUT and OH BUT WHEN IT JAMES MADISON! Be the better group, and you won't have to constantly cry foul. Could I stand Trump? Not in your wildest dreams. Did I recognize he was the president? Yep. That broad brush your stroking with missed people like me, who for four years, gritted my teeth and dealt with it. That was the whole point of my post above.

I'm dying for for someone, ANYONE to stand up and say "Yeah, that sucked. My bad. We'll try harder and do better next time". This race to the bottom/what about/his fault shit is really stale. Really, really, really, really, really stale.
So in your second sentence, you lump me in with "you guys" and then just a few sentences later complain about being painted with a "broad brush?" :lol You clearly haven't read my other past comments criticizing Trump and saying literally the day after the election that Joe Biden won, and I think I used the exact phrase, "fair and square." I've been repeatedly calling for him to knock it off with the stolen election nonsense and to rise above it and move on. And I've been calling on prominent conservatives with large microphones to do the same.

btw - I'm not talking about you anyways. I'm specifically talking about the subgroup of people within both parties who meet the definition of what people on the political left have recently coined as "election deniers." The left pretends like this is a new phenomenon that cropped up in 2020 and exclusively infects the right. I'm simply pointing to polls that suggest this has been going on for over 20 years and that both parties have a roughly equal number of people who fit the "election denier" label. So if the goal is to get both sides to come together and us as a nation move on, this kind of rhetoric isn't going to cut it (ie, blaming one side for where we're at right now).
FakeAndyStuart wrote:
Mon Dec 26, 2022 5:19 pm
...Donald Trump's "concession" didn't happen until AFTER Jan 6th.
You're kind of splitting hairs here, dont'cha think? Is it really relevant that Gore conceded on Dec 13 while Trump waited until January? Both concessions happened before the actual end of each person's term as President and both ended with a peaceful transfer of power with the loser voluntarily leaving the White House. Is Trump the epitome of a sore loser? I would say yes, but people like Joe Biden and Al Gore, many years after 2000, still argue that Gore won. Specifically, Joe Biden, on June 15, 2016, in a Sandy Hook Tribute, stated that he believed Al Gore won the 2000 election. And on August 4th, 2017, Al Gore told Bill Maher, and I quote, "actually, I think I carried Florida. But that's another ... we won't go there." Now you could argue that we was responding to a joke with a joke, but it sounds more like sour grapes to me.
TC Talks wrote:
Mon Dec 26, 2022 5:25 pm
Providing more evidence that there's no victim like a conservative victim cause a conservative victim don't stop...
Kinda like your victimhood crying just today that Michigan is dysfunctional because of the Republican-controlled legislature? Or your crying about Musk being a free speech hypocrite by banning journalists for one day from Twitter?

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Dec 26, 2022 7:42 pm

Nope, we took charge and will fix it.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

FakeAndyStuart

Post by FakeAndyStuart » Tue Dec 27, 2022 4:16 am

Someone who's convinced they are right wrote:You're kind of splitting hairs here, dont'cha think? Is it really relevant that Gore conceded on Dec 13 while Trump waited until January?
Had Donald Trump actually invited the new President into the White House, released funds and information to the new administration in a timely manner and then actually gone to the inauguration, you might have an argument. It's not just the timing of the concession, it's all actions before and after. He and his core team did little or nothing to insure a smooth peaceful transition, as was a staple of the government in every administration before his. And I strongly disagree - the one in 2021 was far from peaceful.

And let's compare statements -

Al Gore, 2017 on a comedy program - "actually, I think I carried Florida. But that's another ... we won't go there." 17 years later, he holds onto a belief that does have some legitimacy. But a belief he never took action on after the SCOTUS ruling.

Donald Trump, on Christmas Day 2022 - "Of course they don't want me to run, I beat them twice (they cheated)." 2 years later, he's still holding rallies encouraging people to disbelieve election results.

Al Gore, Stacey Abrams, et al, questioned election results. Agreed. And in some cases, probably inappropriately. And the closeness of the three elections in question (2000, 2016, 2020) can cause anyone to question results. I don't know how you fix that. But you start by getting both sides together to agree on a plan, not continuing to gin up the base with clearly false claims.

This continuing "one team vs. another" can only lead to more problems and more violence.. like this -
An elected member of Congress, one who didn't think her election was rigged, said in a speech she wrote:“I’m not going to mince words with you all,” Greene said. “Democrats want Republicans dead, and they’ve already started the killings.”
Please find the Democrat/Left equivalent. I'll wait.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Tue Dec 27, 2022 9:05 am

Lester The Nightfly wrote:
Sun Dec 25, 2022 10:11 pm
Kinda like in sports, too. My team didn't lose, yours cheated and the refs helped.
Years ago there was a call-in sports talk radio show by the name of "The Fabulous Sports Babe". She didn't suffer fools lightly. Inevitably after a big game some slappy would phone in ranting about how his team was jobbed out of a win because the refs were bribed, the weather played havoc with their team, their opponent was cheating... You get the idea. She would usually respond "SCORE MORE POINTS" and hang up on them.

Good advice then, good advice now. Holds true in sports, holds true in politics.
Hammer and her were a force to be reckoned with on WDFN. Isn’t she fabulous….ohhhhhh….the Fabulous sports babe!

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue Dec 27, 2022 9:18 am

FakeAndyStuart wrote:
Tue Dec 27, 2022 4:16 am

This continuing "one team vs. another" can only lead to more problems and more violence.. like this -
An elected member of Congress, one who didn't think her election was rigged, said in a speech she wrote:“I’m not going to mince words with you all,” Greene said. “Democrats want Republicans dead, and they’ve already started the killings.”
That Congressperson wasn't wrong.

During the Kavanaugh hearings Maine Republican Sen. Susan Collins received a potentially deadly mailing of Ricin at her home.

“You cannot be civil with a political party that wants to destroy what you stand for, what you care about.” ~ HRC

“Michelle always says, ‘When they go low, we go high.’ No. No. When they go low, we kick them,” ~ Eric Holder

“If you see anybody from that Cabinet in a restaurant, in a department store, at a gasoline station, you get out and you create a crowd and you push back on them, and you tell them they’re not welcome anymore, anywhere.” ~ Maxine Waters

"I want to tell you, Gorsuch, I want to tell you, Kavanaugh, you have released the whirlwind and you will pay the price. You won't know what hit you if you go forward with these awful decisions." ~ Chuck Schumer

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Dec 27, 2022 9:48 am

Bryce wrote:
Tue Dec 27, 2022 9:18 am
FakeAndyStuart wrote:

That Congressperson wasn't wrong.

During the Kavanaugh hearings Maine Republican Sen. Susan Collins received a potentially deadly mailing of Ricin at her home.

“You cannot be civil with a political party that wants to destroy what you stand for, what you care about.” ~ HRC

“Michelle always says, ‘When they go low, we go high.’ No. No. When they go low, we kick them,” ~ Eric Holder

“If you see anybody from that Cabinet in a restaurant, in a department store, at a gasoline station, you get out and you create a crowd and you push back on them, and you tell them they’re not welcome anymore, anywhere.” ~ Maxine Waters

"I want to tell you, Gorsuch, I want to tell you, Kavanaugh, you have released the whirlwind and you will pay the price. You won't know what hit you if you go forward with these awful decisions." ~ Chuck Schumer
Because those are really equivalent to MTG accusing the democrats of having already started killing the members of the Republican Party. Creating a crowd is really the same thing. Maybe they’ll crush their target to death.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue Dec 27, 2022 9:53 am

Rate This wrote:
Tue Dec 27, 2022 9:48 am

Because those are really equivalent to MTG accusing the democrats of having already started killing the members of the Republican Party. Creating a crowd is really the same thing. Maybe they’ll crush their target to death.
YUP. Just like calling for a peaceful protest is the same as inciting an insurrection.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Dec 27, 2022 10:03 am

FakeAndyStuart wrote:
Sure. That's an easy one. For your viewing pleasure, a 2012 ad suggesting that Paul Ryan literally threw wheelchair-bound granny right off a cliff. And that because he did that, and because Mitt Romney picked him as his VP candidate, you now have a decision to make.

They even had an entire website - savegranny.org. It is no longer in existence, but here's a taste of it from the web archive - http://web.archive.org/web/201303171953 ... about.html

The message from this group (the video of which they brag on their website has received "50+ million media impressions and is part of the American political vernacular" ) is quite literally if you vote for Mitt Romney for President, you're voting to kill your grandma.

Now you can argue all you want that the video is meant to be taken figuratively and not literally, but the imagery used is strong enough to override that, IMO. Moreover, the argument presented in the ad and on the website is essentially that Granny NEEDS medicare to merely survive, and that Republicans want to take that away. Combine that with the imagery in the ad, and you have a political ad that literally says Republicans want to kill granny.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Dec 27, 2022 11:03 am

Bryce wrote:
Tue Dec 27, 2022 9:53 am
Rate This wrote:
Tue Dec 27, 2022 9:48 am

YUP. Just like calling for a peaceful protest is the same as inciting an insurrection.
He did not call for a peaceful protest. Too bad.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Dec 27, 2022 11:03 am

bmw wrote:
Tue Dec 27, 2022 10:03 am
FakeAndyStuart wrote:
Sure. That's an easy one. For your viewing pleasure, a 2012 ad suggesting that Paul Ryan literally threw wheelchair-bound granny right off a cliff. And that because he did that, and because Mitt Romney picked him as his VP candidate, you now have a decision to make.

They even had an entire website - savegranny.org. It is no longer in existence, but here's a taste of it from the web archive - http://web.archive.org/web/201303171953 ... about.html

The message from this group (the video of which they brag on their website has received "50+ million media impressions and is part of the American political vernacular" ) is quite literally if you vote for Mitt Romney for President, you're voting to kill your grandma.

Now you can argue all you want that the video is meant to be taken figuratively and not literally, but the imagery used is strong enough to override that, IMO. Moreover, the argument presented in the ad and on the website is essentially that Granny NEEDS medicare to merely survive, and that Republicans want to take that away. Combine that with the imagery in the ad, and you have a political ad that literally says Republicans want to kill granny.
Oh come on… that’s the best you have? An SNL worthy commercial?

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Tue Dec 27, 2022 9:16 pm

Arizona judge orders Kari Lake to compensate Katie Hobbs for some fees for election lawsuit, but declines to sanction her

https://www.cnn.com/2022/12/27/politics ... index.html

A Maricopa County judge on Tuesday ordered Arizona Republican Kari Lake to compensate Democratic Gov.-elect Katie Hobbs for some legal fees related to the election lawsuit Lake had brought challenging her loss, but he stopped short of sanctioning Lake for filing the lawsuit.

The fees total $33K and I'm willing to wager not one penny of that money will come out of Lake's own pocket.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Tue Dec 27, 2022 10:01 pm

*Bryce slips away to grab his checkbook*

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Wed Dec 28, 2022 1:05 am

Mega Hertz wrote:
Tue Dec 27, 2022 10:01 pm
So cruel. So funny.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Wed Dec 28, 2022 5:19 am

Wed Dec 28, 2022 1:05 am
Mega Hertz wrote:
So cruel. So funny.
No, I kid Bryce. We've had some decent back and forth via PM. He wouldn't send a check.

He would donate online.

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Dec 28, 2022 5:23 am

Mega Hertz wrote:
Wed Dec 28, 2022 5:19 am
Wed Dec 28, 2022 1:05 am
Mega Hertz wrote:
So cruel. So funny.
No, I kid Bryce. We've had some decent back and forth via PM. He wouldn't send a check.

He would donate online.
No doubt enticed by the promise of a 3400% match.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic