Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Pot Smoking Griner For a Dangerous Arms Dealer

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Honeyman

Re: Pot Smoking Griner For a Dangerous Arms Dealer

Post by Honeyman » Mon Dec 12, 2022 10:10 am

Bryce wrote:
Mon Dec 12, 2022 9:48 am
The best line I've heard on the Griner situation was from Ben Shapiro...

"This is the very first time anyone has ever cared about a WNBA player getting traded."
SNL had a joke saying it was a great trade for the US since Bout was barely averaging 5 points and 3 rebounds.

The censorship king from out of state.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Dec 12, 2022 11:08 am

Matt wrote:
Mon Dec 12, 2022 5:55 am
Rate This wrote:
Mon Dec 12, 2022 1:23 am
Matt wrote:
Sun Dec 11, 2022 7:38 pm
Turkeytop wrote:
Sun Dec 11, 2022 6:44 pm
MWmetalhead wrote:
Sun Dec 11, 2022 6:22 pm

The fact the White House didn't at least make a two for one deal is inexcusable.

You can make that kind of a deal only if the other party is willing to make that deal. The Russians were not prepared to agree to that.

It's like when we go into collective bargaining looking for a $2/ hr increase and we end up accepting eighty-seven cents.
If Whelan for Bout was available to Trump, it was available to Biden. I'm ok with Trump turning that down. Biden got played.
They had Griner… a more valuable prize than Whelan.. far more valuable for them as a bargaining chip. What they were going for was both Whelan and Griner for Bout… Putin didn’t bite. Putin can save face a bit on imprisoning somebody famous… nobody cares about poor Whelan apparently…

As for your assertion that the previous deal was available again… that’s speculation at best but with a more valuable person being held I doubt he’d have the same offer on the table.
You are insane if you think Griner is more valuable than Whelan.
They’ve beaten the information out of Whelan by now… he’s worthless… it’d be nice to have him back but that’s about it.

Besides Whelan for Bout wasnt on the table… Whelan for Krasikov is the new price.
https://us.cnn.com/2022/12/09/politics/ ... index.html

Funny nobody mentions that Whelan was drummed out of the marine corps for larceny by the way. He was court marshaled and given a bad conduct discharge. I certainly didn’t know that he wasn’t an angel.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Mon Dec 12, 2022 11:21 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sun Dec 11, 2022 6:22 pm
I agree with Graham on this topic.

Nationally, the detention of Whelan has received only a small fraction of the amount of attention the incarceration of Grinder has received. That isn't right, in my opinion. He's been incarcerated significantly longer, too.

The fact the White House didn't at least make a two for one deal is inexcusable.

I also agree with Circle Seven about the dangerous precedent this move creates.
Those darn Freudian slips! :D

km1125

Post by km1125 » Mon Dec 12, 2022 11:28 am

Matt wrote:
Mon Dec 12, 2022 5:55 am
Rate This wrote:
Mon Dec 12, 2022 1:23 am
They had Griner… a more valuable prize than Whelan.. far more valuable for them as a bargaining chip. What they were going for was both Whelan and Griner for Bout… Putin didn’t bite. Putin can save face a bit on imprisoning somebody famous… nobody cares about poor Whelan apparently…

As for your assertion that the previous deal was available again… that’s speculation at best but with a more valuable person being held I doubt he’d have the same offer on the table.
You are insane if you think Griner is more valuable than Whelan.
The question is really "value to who"? Certainly not as the country as a whole, nor the country as a sovereign body. If Whelan was in fact being used in the intelligence community, the county had an obligation to prioritize his return. Still might not have been worth an exchange for Bout, but he should have been higher on the list of priorities.

Her (?) value was to the admin and their party followers.

I'm not to concerned with his discharge from the Marines. That could easily be part of a botched cover story, as were his other "assignments". I had a good friend in the FBI and CIA and his cover was "working in a car wash" until he was well into his 40's.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Mon Dec 12, 2022 12:56 pm

Can we assign a value to one's humanity? Is one of them more or less valuable than the other?
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Mon Dec 12, 2022 1:50 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Mon Dec 12, 2022 12:56 pm
Can we assign a value to one's humanity? Is one of them more or less valuable than the other?
I would say yes we can assign value. Just to jump on an extreme Hitler vs Mother Teresa.
In fact the President assigned value when he struck a deal for Brittney Griner instead of Marc Fogel.
Essentially the same crime for both. Fogel is 60 years old and looking at 14 years in a Russian prison. Care to take a guess at whether he can survive to age 74 in a Russian prison?
Griner is 32 and a professional athlete. What were her chances of doing her 10 years and coming out alive at age 42?
I no longer directly engage trolls

km1125

Post by km1125 » Mon Dec 12, 2022 1:56 pm

craig11152 wrote:
Mon Dec 12, 2022 1:50 pm
Turkeytop wrote:
I would say yes we can assign value. Just to jump on an extreme Hitler vs Mother Teresa.
In fact the President assigned value when he struck a deal for Brittney Griner instead of Marc Fogel.
Essentially the same crime for both. Fogel is 60 years old and looking at 14 years in a Russian prison. Care to take a guess at whether he can survive to age 74 in a Russian prison?
Griner is 32 and a professional athlete. What were her chances of doing her 10 years and coming out alive at age 42?
Excellent points. Everybody is trying to make an association with Griner and Whelan when their cases are dramatically different. A comparison of Fogel to Griner is much more apropos. They should have BOTH come back or Fogel should have been FIRST.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Dec 12, 2022 1:59 pm

km1125 wrote:
Mon Dec 12, 2022 1:56 pm
craig11152 wrote:
Turkeytop wrote:
Excellent points. Everybody is trying to make an association with Griner and Whelan when their cases are dramatically different. A comparison of Fogel to Griner is much more apropos. They should have BOTH come back or Fogel should have been FIRST.
You can only get what’s on the table. Neither Fogel nor Whelan were on the table.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:19 pm

Rate This wrote:
Mon Dec 12, 2022 1:59 pm
km1125 wrote:
Mon Dec 12, 2022 1:56 pm
craig11152 wrote:
Turkeytop wrote:
You can only get what’s on the table. Neither Fogel nor Whelan were on the table.
You don't know that Fogel wasn't on the table. Your just saying that to justify your hero Joe.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Dec 12, 2022 3:39 pm

So far...

You are all campaigning for older white men. Just watching that...

A deadbeat dishonorable Marines might be better in a Russian prison. Great job Monday Morning Quarterbacking our intelligence community. Keep it up.

The entire thing you people miss? Many of these arrests are designed to set up a trade. And don't think the US isn't also playing this game.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Mon Dec 12, 2022 4:19 pm

Rate This wrote:

Who told you that?
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Mon Dec 12, 2022 4:29 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Mon Dec 12, 2022 3:39 pm
So far...

Actually I am campaigning for an older human being whose chances of surviving his sentence is not as good as the person who got out.
You are a racist to bring race in to it .
Don't feel too bad most far left radicals are in fact racist.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Mon Dec 12, 2022 4:53 pm

Rate This wrote:
You don't know that at all. More likely that the Russians knew who they were dealing this and knew that this ADMIN would place a higher value on someone like Griner than anyone else the Russians had to offer.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Mon Dec 12, 2022 4:54 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Mon Dec 12, 2022 3:39 pm
So far...

A deadbeat dishonorable Marines might be better in a Russian prison. Great job Monday Morning Quarterbacking our intelligence community. Keep it up.

The entire thing you people miss? Many of these arrests are designed to set up a trade. And don't think the US isn't also playing this game.
Are you saying or implying that BOUT falls into this category?

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Dec 12, 2022 7:25 pm

km1125 wrote:
Mon Dec 12, 2022 4:53 pm
Rate This wrote:
You don't know that at all. More likely that the Russians knew who they were dealing this and knew that this ADMIN would place a higher value on someone like Griner than anyone else the Russians had to offer.
I already linked to something explaining it. I’m not gonna play games with you guys.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic