Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Heeeees Baaaaccckkkkk….

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Rate This

Heeeees Baaaaccckkkkk….

Post by Rate This » Sat Nov 19, 2022 8:36 pm

Trumps Twitter has been reinstated by Elon Musk. He did this following a poll.

Circle Seven

Re: Heeeees Baaaaccckkkkk….

Post by Circle Seven » Sat Nov 19, 2022 8:55 pm

Rate This wrote:
Sat Nov 19, 2022 8:36 pm
Trumps Twitter has been reinstated by Elon Musk. He did this following a poll.
So much for media outlets abandoning Twitter.

Chrocket87

Post by Chrocket87 » Sat Nov 19, 2022 10:26 pm

I wonder when and what he’ll do with his first tweet back?

1) Simply thank Elon for allowing him back.
2) State his return but also complain about “Big Tech Censorship”
3) Throw some jabs about DeSantis
4) Attack Biden
5) Something else?

Taco

Post by Taco » Sat Nov 19, 2022 10:42 pm

FUCK

Woe to you, oh earth and sea
For the Devil sends the beast with wrath
Because he knows the time is short
Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast
For it is a human number
Its number is six hundred and sixty-six

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sat Nov 19, 2022 10:57 pm

Taco wrote:
Sat Nov 19, 2022 10:42 pm
FUCK
I might be old fashioned, but I've always been of the view that the only time the use of the F word is acceptable is when one is doing it or requesting it.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sat Nov 19, 2022 11:04 pm

We had a saying growing up when we played football at recess and there was an argument over a penalty or catch. The team that didn’t whine would say to the petulant idiots on the other team, “Let the babies have it.” I feel that applies here. Let the babies have Twitter. Let it go the way of Parlor.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Sat Nov 19, 2022 11:40 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Sat Nov 19, 2022 10:57 pm
Taco wrote:
Sat Nov 19, 2022 10:42 pm
FUCK
I might be old fashioned, but I've always been of the view that the only time the use of the F word is acceptable is when one is doing it or requesting it.
LOL. Here in the People's Republic of Portland I heard a convo along these lines

Person #1) Why do people say "fuck the police" and not "fuck the firefighters"?
Person #2) Have you seen those beefcake fundraiser photo calendars the fire department put out every year? If someone says "Fuck the firefighters, it means they literally want to fuck the firefighters...

Circle Seven

Post by Circle Seven » Sun Nov 20, 2022 7:05 am

Am I the only one pondering that Trump's return to Twitter changes the dynamics of the website?

First off, no matter how much they mutter they are going to abandon Twitter, politicians and the media and entertainment industries can't stay away. It's like crack to them. Especially now that Donald's back.

Secondly, I can't help but wonder just how many of Donald's faithful are now going to get their first Twitter account.

Musk isn't stupid. Is letting Trump back a smooth move?

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Nov 20, 2022 7:53 am

Circle Seven wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 7:05 am
Am I the only one pondering that Trump's return to Twitter changes the dynamics of the website?

First off, no matter how much they mutter they are going to abandon Twitter, politicians and the media and entertainment industries can't stay away. It's like crack to them. Especially now that Donald's back.

Secondly, I can't help but wonder just how many of Donald's faithful are now going to get their first Twitter account.

Not if nobody is there to maintain it. If it’s unusable or nearly so and they can’t keep up with the bugs and he can’t hire anybody having quickly developed a bad reputation it’s gonna be hard to keep people going there.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Nov 20, 2022 7:57 am

Rate This wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 7:53 am
Circle Seven wrote:

Not if nobody is there to maintain it. If it’s unusable or nearly so and they can’t keep up with the bugs and he can’t hire anybody having quickly developed a bad reputation it’s gonna be hard to keep people going there.
Again, there have been no issues.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Nov 20, 2022 7:58 am

Matt wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 7:57 am
Rate This wrote:
Circle Seven wrote:

Again, there have been no issues.
Except that isn’t exactly the case… see the comment by MW. It’s also been slowing down. Early signs of trouble. Kinda like next week.

Circle Seven

Post by Circle Seven » Sun Nov 20, 2022 8:09 am

Rate This wrote:
Let me use an analogy to reply to you:

I want to have a house built. I hire a crew to build the house. Once it's done, I don't need nearly as many people to maintain it.

I'm not saying I'm right. But from the different things I'm seeing and reading, this just may be what the layoffs at Twitter was.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sun Nov 20, 2022 8:20 am

Chrocket87 wrote:
Sat Nov 19, 2022 10:26 pm
I wonder when and what he’ll do with his first tweet back?

1) Simply thank Elon for allowing him back.
2) State his return but also complain about “Big Tech Censorship”
3) Throw some jabs about DeSantis
4) Attack Biden
5) Something else?
If I were him, I would use my first tweet to advertise Truth Social.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Nov 20, 2022 8:22 am

Circle Seven wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 8:09 am
Rate This wrote:
Let me use an analogy to reply to you:

I want to have a house built. I hire a crew to build the house. Once it's done, I don't need nearly as many people to maintain it.

I'm not saying I'm right. But from the different things I'm seeing and reading, this just may be what the layoffs at Twitter was.
From my understanding that analogy doesn’t work. You can’t have most of the people leave and they take their knowledge with them. He’s already begged some of them to return. That says it all.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sun Nov 20, 2022 10:50 am

Circle Seven wrote:
First off, no matter how much they mutter they are going to abandon Twitter, politicians and the media and entertainment industries can't stay away.
Yep. Exhibit A: CBS News

Friday:
In light of the uncertainty around Twitter and out of an abundance of caution, CBS News is pausing its activity on the social media site as it continues to monitor the platform.
Sunday:
After pausing for much of the weekend to assess the security concerns, CBS News and Stations is resuming its activity on Twitter as we continue to monitor the situation.
And of course, they're right back to using Twitter to promote their programming.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic