2024 is going to be a clusterf*&k

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
FakeAndyStuart

2024 is going to be a clusterf*&k

Post by FakeAndyStuart » Thu May 23, 2024 2:17 pm

https://www.cnn.com/2024/05/22/politics ... src-digvid

Above is the link to a video of Kaitlin Collins/CNN trying to hold Senator Ted Cruz's "feet to the fire" over accepting election results. However, her constant interruptions and refusal to listen to his "explanation" only allows him (and other right wingers) to play victim and hype the fact that "The Lamestream Media won't Let Us Talk!!!"

Had she taken only the slightest moments to listen, she would have heard Ted Cruz compare 2020 to 1876 - Hayes vs. Tilden. That year there was an "Electoral Commission" that in reality still remained a highly partisan process that led to one of the biggest mistakes ever made by the American government - The Compromise of 1877. (History books are available at your local library.)

THE REAL COMPARISON BETWEEN THE 2020 AND 1876 ELECTIONS

The biggest difference, however, is there was documented evidence of vote fraud, on both sides, in 1876, something that was not evident in 2020. And the Electoral Commission actually did manage to persuade some that the final results were authentic... even if the popular vote winner (Tilden) did not win the Electoral Vote.

Should Biden win the popular vote and Trump win the Electoral College, I think the country will truly be broken.

Paul Richards

Re: 2024 is going to be a clusterf*&k

Post by Paul Richards » Thu May 23, 2024 4:32 pm

FakeAndyStuart wrote:
Thu May 23, 2024 2:17 pm
https://www.cnn.com/2024/05/22/politics ... src-digvid

Above is the link to a video of Kaitlin Collins/CNN trying to hold Senator Ted Cruz's "feet to the fire" over accepting election results. However, her constant interruptions and refusal to listen to his "explanation" only allows him (and other right wingers) to play victim and hype the fact that "The Lamestream Media won't Let Us Talk!!!"

Had she taken only the slightest moments to listen, she would have heard Ted Cruz compare 2020 to 1876 - Hayes vs. Tilden. That year there was an "Electoral Commission" that in reality still remained a highly partisan process that led to one of the biggest mistakes ever made by the American government - The Compromise of 1877. (History books are available at your local library.)

THE REAL COMPARISON BETWEEN THE 2020 AND 1876 ELECTIONS

The biggest difference, however, is there was documented evidence of vote fraud, on both sides, in 1876, something that was not evident in 2020. And the Electoral Commission actually did manage to persuade some that the final results were authentic... even if the popular vote winner (Tilden) did not win the Electoral Vote.

Should Biden win the popular vote and Trump win the Electoral College, I think the country will truly be broken.
Thanks to Left, the country is already truly broken.
Jo and the Ho gotta Go.

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu May 23, 2024 7:34 pm

Setting aside your issue over Electoral vote vs popular vote (I've proposed my own compromise on this in here several times before that would involve proportionate allocation of electoral votes in each state - not by voting district, but by statewide vote tallies, plus 2 winner-take all delegates in each state for a total of 535 electoral votes), I think what you're really asking here is, what fair and neutral process should be used after every election to convince voters on both sides that the election was fair and that the outcome accurately reflects the vote?

Does anybody in here have any ideas?

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu May 23, 2024 7:51 pm

Go after the PAC's that are deliberately creating misinformation for the less bright who have access to the Internet.

Fortunately, most states have filed felony charges against these criminals. Between that and the insurrectionists already in prison, only the very stupid will try to protest legitimate elections.

Once Trump is convicted in those states that have charged him, I bet the conspiracy nonsense will die down considerably.
“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu May 23, 2024 9:38 pm

That doesn't answer my question, at all. What I'm asking is, what neutral process can play out whereby the authenticity of the results are verified to a degree where both sides are confident that the correct person won?

Bail Bonds

Post by Bail Bonds » Thu May 23, 2024 10:35 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Thu May 23, 2024 7:51 pm
Go after the PAC's that are deliberately creating misinformation for the less bright who have access to the Internet.

Fortunately, most states have filed felony charges against these criminals. Between that and the insurrectionists already in prison, only the very stupid will try to protest legitimate elections.

Once Trump is convicted in those states that have charged him, I bet the conspiracy nonsense will die down considerably.
Then BLM PAC would be out of business.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Thu May 23, 2024 10:51 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Thu May 23, 2024 7:51 pm

Nope. Trump let the Genie out of the bottle and there's no putting the toothpaste back in the tube. (How's that for mixing metaphor's folks?) The system may have been wobbly but Trump took a sledgehammer to it. Now until Dr. Zaius and the chimps take over there will always be some butthurt fuckwit that's going to call "foul" and the same dolts that have propped up Trump's claim that he was jobbed will continue to do so for the next con that employs that tactic.

Why? Because it clearly works and it's too late for dimwits that let it happen to wipe the shit off their shoes. Y'all own it, and I personally can't wait until the entire shitstorm blows back in their faces.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu May 23, 2024 11:11 pm

bmw wrote:
Thu May 23, 2024 9:38 pm
That doesn't answer my question, at all. What I'm asking is, what neutral process can play out whereby the authenticity of the results are verified to a degree where both sides are confident that the correct person won?
Since we don’t have an actual problem and the doubt has been artificially created why should we need a neutral process? It sounds like republicans have a responsibility to fix the misinformation mess they created. For that matter why can’t Republicans simply get ideas a majority of people want and will vote for? Then they would win fair and square and there would be no questions… instead it’s always somebody else’s fault.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu May 23, 2024 11:18 pm

Rate This wrote:
Thu May 23, 2024 11:11 pm
bmw wrote:
Thu May 23, 2024 9:38 pm
Since we don’t have an actual problem and the doubt has been artificially created why should we need a neutral process? It sounds like republicans have a responsibility to fix the misinformation mess they created. For that matter why can’t Republicans simply get ideas a majority of people want and will vote for? Then they would win fair and square and there would be no questions… instead it’s always somebody else’s fault.
You said Republican and Responsibility in the same sentence.
“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

zzand

Post by zzand » Fri May 24, 2024 6:28 am

Keep in mind it isn't Republicans, it is MAGA Republicans, there is a big difference. Until Trump started his bullshit in 2020 the winners celebrated, the losers said that sucks and life went on. There was the Bush debacle but that was a one time event. As stated above, he started this and it is never going away. It will now be part of every election.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri May 24, 2024 10:06 am

zzand wrote:
Fri May 24, 2024 6:28 am
Keep in mind it isn't Republicans, it is MAGA Republicans, there is a big difference. Until Trump started his bullshit in 2020 the winners celebrated, the losers said that sucks and life went on. There was the Bush debacle but that was a one time event. As stated above, he started this and it is never going away. It will now be part of every election.
Unfortunately Trump has so infected the party that regular Republicans take a back seat to MAGA. It’s their party. What disturbs me is the number of regular Republicans willing to go genuflect at the alter of someone they don’t like rather than unifying to rid themselves of the man so they can go back to normal. That doesn’t make feel better when and if they become a normal political party again sans Trump.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Fri May 24, 2024 10:20 am

Rate This wrote:
Fri May 24, 2024 10:06 am
zzand wrote:
Fri May 24, 2024 6:28 am
Unfortunately Trump has so infected the party that regular Republicans take a back seat to MAGA. It’s their party. What disturbs me is the number of regular Republicans willing to go genuflect at the alter of someone they don’t like rather than unifying to rid themselves of the man so they can go back to normal. That doesn’t make feel better when and if they become a normal political party again sans Trump.
Exactly. The party had a chance to get rid of the orange cancer from January 7th 2021, and didn't. They reap what they sew.
The censorship king from out of state.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic