Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Matt will be happy - I'm now on the "dump Trump" bandwagon

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Honeyman

Re: Matt will be happy - I'm now on the "dump Trump" bandwagon

Post by Honeyman » Fri Nov 11, 2022 2:35 pm

Believe me, I'm not cocky. I lost hope when you mother fuckers got your Supreme Court for the rest of my years so you can tell a woman what she can do with her own body and soon gays who they can marry. And the Democrats are weakened. But your party is FRACTURED.

The censorship king from out of state.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Nov 11, 2022 2:42 pm

I've been on the Dump Trump bandwagon ever since his outageous behavior following the 2020 election.

Welcome aboard, BMW.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Fri Nov 11, 2022 6:55 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Fri Nov 11, 2022 10:58 am
Amen. And...they won't. Trump will declare on Tuesday and continue to fuck things up for the Republican party. Someone once said something like "Nothing is learned the second time you kick a mule". Well, this is about the tenth kick, and these MAGAidiots still aren't learning.

Trump 2024!
He’s got my primary vote.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Fri Nov 11, 2022 8:11 pm

A 79 year old incumbent president.

A 71 year old Senate majority leader.

An 82 year old House speaker.

A 76 year old former president and who will be 78 by the time he would take office if he won in 2025.

An 81 year old that is a fan favorite (though not a DNC favorite).

Come on, man. I'm starting to think the problem may not just be the letter next to people's names...

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Nov 11, 2022 8:51 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Fri Nov 11, 2022 8:11 pm
A 79 year old incumbent president.

A 71 year old Senate majority leader.

An 82 year old House speaker.

A 76 year old former president and who will be 78 by the time he would take office if he won in 2025.

An 81 year old that is a fan favorite (though not a DNC favorite).

Come on, man. I'm starting to think the problem may not just be the letter next to people's names...
The 1940’s and early 50’s don’t want to let go do they? Part of the problem is an increasingly aging population that votes in higher numbers than we do… they wouldn’t trust a younger person.

The good generalissimo is 44 (1978) fwiw. Buttigieg is 40 (1982). Pence is 63. Harris is 58. Probably future candidates in some combination.

What’s with the lame name for DeSantis anyways? MCRF came along with DeSatan… I’m calling him the generalissimo… what the hell is with using big words for the name? DeSanctimonious? Really?

Circle Seven

Post by Circle Seven » Fri Nov 11, 2022 10:13 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Fri Nov 11, 2022 2:35 pm
Believe me, I'm not cocky. I lost hope when you mother fuckers got your Supreme Court for the rest of my years so you can tell a woman what she can do with her own body and soon gays who they can marry. And the Democrats are weakened. But your party is FRACTURED.
First, I think The Supremes did the right thing by handing Roe back to the states. Wasn't theirs to decide to begin with.

And secondly, just how did that decision work out for the Democrats? Can we agree this just may be the root cause of The Blues doing better than expected this month? Ponder that for a bit.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:50 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Fri Nov 11, 2022 10:28 am
You're no doubt an intelligent man, beemer. I have no idea why it took you so long to come to this realization.
Intelligent man? Hardly.

The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Nov 12, 2022 6:14 am

If Cortez-Masto's momentum in Nevada continues, Georgia becomes far less relevant.

Well Trump announce? YES. He hates being out of the spotlight.

Will it negatively affect Walker's chances in the GA runoff? I highly doubt it. The Trump handlers' advice asking him to defer solely because the GA Senate race is undecided makes no sense to me at all.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sat Nov 12, 2022 6:17 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sat Nov 12, 2022 6:14 am
If Cortez-Masto's momentum in Nevada continues, Georgia becomes far less relevant.

Well Trump announce? YES. He hates being out of the spotlight.

Will it negatively affect Walker's chances in the GA runoff? I highly doubt it. The Trump handlers' advice asking him to defer solely because the GA Senate race is undecided makes no sense to me at all.
Walker is already tied to Trump. What difference would it make?

Audacity sucks.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Nov 12, 2022 7:24 am

bmw wrote:
Fri Nov 11, 2022 10:17 am
Ok, I've finally had enough.
In a lengthy statement on Thursday night, Mr Trump dismissed the Florida governor as a political lightweight who had come to him "in desperate shape" when running for his first term in office in 2017.

"Ron had low approval, bad polls, and no money, but he said that if I would Endorse [sic] him, he could win," Mr Trump said. "I also fixed his campaign, which had completely fallen apart."

He went on to complain that Mr DeSantis - whom he is nicknaming "Ron DeSanctimonious" - was "playing games" by refusing to rule out a presidential bid.

"Well, in terms of loyalty and class, that's really not the right answer," Mr Trump added.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canad ... gn=KARANGA

Oh, the irony of Trump invoking "class" in light of this statement. I didn't like this behavior when he directed it at his Republican opponents in 2016, but I tolerated it. Now this is too much. DeSantis is one of the few bright spots for the Republican party right now and for Trump to unleash this kind of rhetoric towards him is not only completely classless, but is very unwise from a political standpoint at this point in time considering that Trump is arguably to blame, at least in-part, for the Republican's poor showing in the midterms.

Him going after DeSantis may finally be the one thing that separates some of his own supporters away from him. I personally have had enough.

That said, I sure as hell won't be voting for any Democrats any time soon, but I will not be supporting Trump during the primaries. If he somehow gets the nomination, the Republican party will be in big trouble.
Great news!

2020: No reason to lose except for the fact that Trump was toxic; voters wanted a course correction from disastrous 2018, but Trump even fucked that up.

2022: No reason for there not to be a red tsunami except for having poor Trump-backed Senate candidates and obviously the overturn of Roe v. Wade.

2024: Might be a disaster if Trump declares. There was an op-ed in the WSJ suggesting the election is lost for Republicans the moment he declares. I'm not sure that is true, given the map next cycle, but he just needs to go away.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sat Nov 12, 2022 7:44 am

Matt wrote:
Sat Nov 12, 2022 7:24 am

2022: No reason for there not to be a red tsunami except for having poor Trump-backed Senate candidates and obviously the overturn of Roe v. Wade.
I believe the main reason the tsunami didn't materialize is because the 18 to 29, Gen Z, voting block that turned out in this election voted for the Democrat party in a much higher percentage than that voting block did in any prior election.

According to the Center for Information & Research on Civic Learning and Engagement (CIRCLE), an estimated 27 percent of US youth aged between 18 and 29 cast their ballot in this year’s midterm election. That makes it the second-highest youth turnout in any midterm vote, which generally have lower turnouts than presidential election cycles. There were nearly 52 million eligible voters in the age group in the US in 2022.

Young voters tend to skew Democrat, with 63 percent of them identifying with the party in 2022, as opposed to the 35 percent who identified with the Republican Party.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Nov 12, 2022 7:53 am

Valid point, in my opinion.

Student loan forgiveness (now held up by the courts) is certainly a big reason. I said along the real reason for Biden's advocacy of that policy was to motivate Gen Z to head to the polls and vote for Dems. The overturn of Roe v. Wade is another.

That being said, I'm surprised 27 percent turnout for that age group is considered a high percentage. That's quite embarrassing, actually.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Nov 12, 2022 8:18 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sat Nov 12, 2022 7:53 am
Valid point, in my opinion.

Student loan forgiveness (now held up by the courts) is certainly a big reason. I said along the real reason for Biden's advocacy of that policy was to motivate Gen Z to head to the polls and vote for Dems. The overturn of Roe v. Wade is another.

That being said, I'm surprised 27 percent turnout for that age group is considered a high percentage. That's quite embarrassing, actually.
Not when many are in college or have to work. My kids both had problems with our township clerk getting ballots.
Tufts University’s Tisch College of Civic Life, perhaps the most assiduous tracker of young voters, estimated on Thursday that 27 percent of 18-to-29 voters cast ballots in midterm elections — and that 63 percent of them voted for Democrats in House of Representatives elections.

That estimate was based on a nationwide exit poll of voters jointly conducted by the three major television networks and CNN; those preliminary numbers will be updated with data from actual voting. The turnout rate for all voters was 47 percent, according to a preliminary estimate by the U.S. Elections Project at the University of Florida.

In off-year elections, the preliminary 27 percent youth turnout is second only to 2018, when 31 percent of young people voted and 67 percent favored Democrats, according to the college’s Center for Information and Research on Civic Learning and Engagement, or Circle. Democrats retook control of both houses of Congress in that election, the first after former President Donald J. Trump took office.

“What’s clear from the data is that young Democrats turned out,” said Victor Shi, the director of strategy for Voters of Tomorrow, a Generation Z-centered civics advocacy group. An analysis of early voting data, he said, indicated that young people had cast a million more Democratic votes than Republican ones. And he said that early voting by young Democratic supporters exceeded 2018 totals in three battleground states — Georgia, Michigan and Ohio.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Nov 12, 2022 8:48 am

We have same day registration in Michigan and no-reason absentee voting. True, regulations vary by state. The 27 percent statistic is nationally.

A lot of folks in their 30s, 40s and 50s have very busy lives, too. They still manage to vote.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Nov 12, 2022 9:11 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sat Nov 12, 2022 8:48 am
We have same day registration in Michigan and no-reason absentee voting. True, regulations vary by state. The 27 percent statistic is nationally.

A lot of folks in their 30s, 40s and 50s have very busy lives, too. They still manage to vote.
The democrats spent a shit ton on YouTube, and TicTok influencers and places where young people are. Republicans used the same messaging from their TV ads on social media and it backfired. No 20 something gives a shit that Dixon is a mom when she's about to take their reproductive rights away. The rest of the country where ballot issues didn't exist is more of a question for me.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic