Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Matt will be happy - I'm now on the "dump Trump" bandwagon

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Rate This

Re: Matt will be happy - I'm now on the "dump Trump" bandwagon

Post by Rate This » Wed Dec 20, 2023 8:48 pm

bmw wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2023 8:22 pm
Give it up dude. The primary winner is a foregone conclusion. The choice in 2024 is between Trump and Biden.* You can pretend all you want that voting for somebody else somehow makes you special, but the reality is it means absolutely nothing.

*I'm still not ruling out Newsom, and he'd be even more dangerous than Biden.
Perhaps… perhaps not. But the Biden won’t run or will back out stuff is crazy talk.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:53 am

bmw wrote:
Fri Nov 11, 2022 10:17 am
Ok, I've finally had enough.
In a lengthy statement on Thursday night, Mr Trump dismissed the Florida governor as a political lightweight who had come to him "in desperate shape" when running for his first term in office in 2017.

"Ron had low approval, bad polls, and no money, but he said that if I would Endorse [sic] him, he could win," Mr Trump said. "I also fixed his campaign, which had completely fallen apart."

He went on to complain that Mr DeSantis - whom he is nicknaming "Ron DeSanctimonious" - was "playing games" by refusing to rule out a presidential bid.

"Well, in terms of loyalty and class, that's really not the right answer," Mr Trump added.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canad ... gn=KARANGA

Oh, the irony of Trump invoking "class" in light of this statement. I didn't like this behavior when he directed it at his Republican opponents in 2016, but I tolerated it. Now this is too much. DeSantis is one of the few bright spots for the Republican party right now and for Trump to unleash this kind of rhetoric towards him is not only completely classless, but is very unwise from a political standpoint at this point in time considering that Trump is arguably to blame, at least in-part, for the Republican's poor showing in the midterms.

Him going after DeSantis may finally be the one thing that separates some of his own supporters away from him. I personally have had enough.

That said, I sure as hell won't be voting for any Democrats any time soon, but I will not be supporting Trump during the primaries. If he somehow gets the nomination, the Republican party will be in big trouble.
It's not too late to come to your senses again...
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:56 am

Trump has been rated the worst president in American history. BMW's take in the OP is spot on.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sun Mar 03, 2024 10:14 am

Without reading thru 8 pages, did bmw ever declare why he jumped back on the Trump bandwagon?
The censorship king from out of state.

zzand

Post by zzand » Sun Mar 03, 2024 10:14 am

And that ranking shouldn't shock anyone. He is a consistent and constant liar and at this point even Fox cuts away to fact check him. He acts like a child with his bragging, boasting and name calling. The one that I really got a good laugh about was his boast that he can end the Russia Ukraine war in an hour and both country leaders flat out said that he has no idea what he is talking about and neither of them are interested in anything he has to say. He ignored the truth and kept up his lie. The fact that someone who appears to be intelligent and educated like BMW is taken in by this circus barker is head scratching. Admitting voted for him in 16 but as many did I woke up in time for the last election and am wide awake this time.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sun Mar 03, 2024 10:29 am

Honeyman wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 10:14 am
Without reading thru 8 pages, did bmw ever declare why he jumped back on the Trump bandwagon?
I said somewhere in here fairly recently why I'm voting for Trump. My vote is me voicing my opinion that we as a nation do not try to lock up our political opponents.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sun Mar 03, 2024 10:37 am

bmw wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 10:29 am
Honeyman wrote:
I said somewhere in here fairly recently why I'm voting for Trump. My vote is me voicing my opinion that we as a nation do not try to lock up our political opponents.
Thanks for clarifying.

I don't see how it changes your feelings about Trump going after DeSantis though, since that apparently was the straw that broke the camels back. If anything, since your original post, he has ramped up rhetoric against all other Republicans who chose to oppose him.
The censorship king from out of state.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sun Mar 03, 2024 10:59 am

If it weren't for all the criminal charges brought against Trump, my Republican preference would go elsewhere. Many of Trump's antics still drive me crazy - that hasn't changed. I didn't like it when he attacked Republicans in 2016 (Ben Carson, Ted Cruz, and Marco Rubio just to name a few) and I don't like it now. Though I thought I read somewhere that he has dropped his "Desanctimonious" nickname for DeSantis.

It also drives me nuts that he won't dump the "2020 election was stolen" nonsense, and perhaps even more nuts how many people still believe it was stolen.

So please don't interpret my "support" for Trump as in the same category as those who you think follow him in a cult like a herd of sheep.

zzand

Post by zzand » Sun Mar 03, 2024 11:19 am

I think the desantis name calling stopped for two reasons. He dropped out of the race and popped up on the possible VP list.

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Mar 07, 2024 12:51 pm

bmw wrote:
Honeyman wrote:
We also don't have our leaders actually plotting to overturn an election they didn't like. This is a weak-ass, credibility-ending justification to support someone who has proven he shouldn't be put in a place of power. Nevertheless, you are not going to bend from this view: if Trump wins in November, WHEN he starts going after political opponents, will you condemn those actions AND will you vote for those people in the next election?

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Mar 07, 2024 1:31 pm

What do you mean "if" he wins in November? Didn't you just recently state that he literally has a 0 percent chance of winning?

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Mar 07, 2024 1:56 pm

bmw wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 1:31 pm
What do you mean "if" he wins in November? Didn't you just recently state that he literally has a 0 percent chance of winning?
I don't see a scenario where he wins, but that doesn't mean it could happen. Hell, Michigan basketball has an opportunity to make the tournament if they win the BTT. I will say that Trump has a better chance of winning in November than Michigan has of winning the BTT.

Now answer my questions...

teetoppz28

Post by teetoppz28 » Thu Mar 07, 2024 2:03 pm

tricycle wrote:
Honeyman wrote:
Oh? What political leader is trying to lock up their opponent in the USA?
Dropping knowledge on forum MAGAts.
Unapologetically intellectually superior.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Mar 07, 2024 5:27 pm

teetoppz28 wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 2:03 pm
tricycle wrote:
Honeyman wrote:
Oh? What political leader is trying to lock up their opponent in the USA?
The one who wasn’t involved in the prosecutions, let his AG follow the law and appoint special counsels who had grand juries of citizens look at the facts and indict him. That rat bastard.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:44 am

Matt wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 1:56 pm
bmw wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 1:31 pm
I don't see a scenario where he wins, but that doesn't mean it could happen. Hell, Michigan basketball has an opportunity to make the tournament if they win the BTT. I will say that Trump has a better chance of winning in November than Michigan has of winning the BTT.

Now answer my questions...
Questions are below for ease of answering:
Matt wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 12:51 pm
bmw wrote:
Honeyman wrote:
We also don't have our leaders actually plotting to overturn an election they didn't like. This is a weak-ass, credibility-ending justification to support someone who has proven he shouldn't be put in a place of power. Nevertheless, you are not going to bend from this view: if Trump wins in November, WHEN he starts going after political opponents, will you condemn those actions AND will you vote for those people in the next election?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic