Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Power Trio! Go Dems!

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Taco

Power Trio! Go Dems!

Post by Taco » Tue Nov 08, 2022 9:52 am

Woe to you, oh earth and sea
For the Devil sends the beast with wrath
Because he knows the time is short
Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast
For it is a human number
Its number is six hundred and sixty-six

Rate This

Re: Power Trio! Go Dems!

Post by Rate This » Tue Nov 08, 2022 10:19 am

Taco wrote:
Tue Nov 08, 2022 9:52 am
From Bensons Twitter

https://twitter.com/jocelynbenson/statu ... UkPSVxeCHg
For all the “Twitter is so liberal!!!!” I keep hearing there is a lot of election deniers and tyrant Whitmer folks in the comments there…

radioandtventhusiast

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Tue Nov 08, 2022 12:34 pm

Rate This wrote:
Tue Nov 08, 2022 10:19 am
Taco wrote:
Tue Nov 08, 2022 9:52 am
From Bensons Twitter

https://twitter.com/jocelynbenson/statu ... UkPSVxeCHg
For all the “Twitter is so liberal!!!!” I keep hearing there is a lot of election deniers and tyrant Whitmer folks in the comments there…
That's slowly changing under Elon though.

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Nov 08, 2022 1:22 pm

I'm voting for two of them and Tudor Dixon. I'm yes on 1 and 3, no on 2. I think it presents an unfunded constitutional mandate. I think Dana Nessel is a partisan hack, but Matt DePerno is detestable. Any credible opposition candidate would have earned my vote.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Nov 08, 2022 2:22 pm

Matt wrote:
Tue Nov 08, 2022 1:22 pm
I'm voting for two of them and Tudor Dixon. I'm yes on 1 and 3, no on 2. I think it presents an unfunded constitutional mandate. I think Dana Nessel is a partisan hack, but Matt DePerno is detestable. Any credible opposition candidate would have earned my vote.
Do you think the nominate at the convention for SOS and AG needs to go?

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Nov 08, 2022 2:30 pm

Rate This wrote:
Tue Nov 08, 2022 2:22 pm
Matt wrote:
Tue Nov 08, 2022 1:22 pm
Yes. DePerno and Karamo are insulting choices.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

teetoppz28

Post by teetoppz28 » Tue Nov 08, 2022 4:49 pm

Rate This wrote:
It is strange that those positions don't have a primary... you eliminate a lot of good people by only having a small faction vote for who gets on the ballot. I don't think either of them would have sniffed the general election ballot if there was a primary.

Dropping knowledge on forum MAGAts.
Unapologetically intellectually superior.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Nov 08, 2022 4:58 pm

teetoppz28 wrote:
Tue Nov 08, 2022 4:49 pm
Rate This wrote:
It is strange that those positions don't have a primary... you eliminate a lot of good people by only having a small faction vote for who gets on the ballot. I don't think either of them would have sniffed the general election ballot if there was a primary.
It’s interesting because in most places the smoke filled room is a relic of the past… but this is exactly what the Republicans use here.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue Nov 08, 2022 7:33 pm

Matt - your votes and mine are so similar, it's scary! 😁

I voted the same as you on all races and proposals you cited except proposal 3.

I held my nose and voted for Nessel. DePerno is simply too slimy and unethical, whereas Karamo is a loon. I completely agree with your earlier remarks.

For U-M board of regents, I voted for Vartanian (R) and Larson (L). For a Libertarian, Larson's issue stances, priorities and personal bio are impressive. I refuse to vote for Epstein. I was stunned by the Detroit News's endorsement of her.

As bad as the two mainstream party candidates for AG are, for a good laugh, visit the website of the Libertarian candidate. That gentleman needs to be institutionalized. He is truly insane.

For the Supreme Court, I voted for Paul Hudson and Richard Bernstein. Zahra has disappointed me on some decisions where the state government has fucked over citizens, and he has disappointed me on decisions involving ballot access for citizen led initiatives (he was correct, though, in attempting to keep Proposal 3 off the ballot). Bernstein has deviated from Democrat orthodoxy on a number of decisions and has periodically dissented with the other Dem justices. I like diverse viewpoints on the bench and felt Bernstein proved himself worthy of another term. I think Hudson will be more like Viviano, who I view as the best of the current SC justices.

For state Rep, state Senate, the county commission, circuit court, and U.S. Congress, I voted Republican. (No way was I gonna vote for Rashida Tlaib...LOL).

For MSU Board of Trustees, I voted for the two Repub candidates. I viewed their websites and liked what I saw.

For WSU, I voted for Marilyn Kelly and for one of the Repub candidates, Christa Murphy.

For State Board of Education, I voted for both of the Republicans. I viewed each candidate's website and saw nothing objectionable.

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Tue Nov 08, 2022 8:02 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Tue Nov 08, 2022 7:33 pm
Matt - your votes and mine are so similar, it's scary! 😁

I voted the same as you on all races and proposals you cited except proposal 3.

I held my nose and voted for Nessel. DePerno is simply too slimy and unethical, whereas Karamo is a loon. I completely agree with your earlier remarks.

For U-M board of regents, I voted for Vartanian (R) and Larson (L). For a Libertarian, Larson's issue stances, priorities and personal bio are impressive. I refuse to vote for Epstein. I was stunned by the Detroit News's endorsement of her.

As bad as the two mainstream party candidates for AG are, for a good laugh, visit the website of the Libertarian candidate. That gentleman needs to be institutionalized. He is truly insane.

For the Supreme Court, I voted for Paul Hudson and Richard Bernstein. Zahra has disappointed me on some decisions where the state government has fucked over citizens, and he has disappointed me on decisions involving ballot access for citizen led initiatives (he was correct, though, in attempting to keep Proposal 3 off the ballot). Bernstein has deviated from Democrat orthodoxy on a number of decisions and has periodically dissented with the other Dem justices. I like diverse viewpoints on the bench and felt Bernstein proved himself worthy of another term. I think Hudson will be more like Viviano, who I view as the best of the current SC justices.

For state Rep, state Senate, the county commission, circuit court, and U.S. Congress, I voted Republican. (No way was I gonna vote for Rashida Tlaib...LOL).

For MSU Board of Trustees, I voted for the two Repub candidates. I viewed their websites and liked what I saw.

For WSU, I voted for Marilyn Kelly and for one of the Repub candidates, Christa Murphy.

For State Board of Education, I voted for both of the Republicans. I viewed each candidate's website and saw nothing objectionable.
I hope you like privatized schools. Both Tarver and the other idiot want to completely raid the fund De Vos style.

I voted for both Democrats. I support public education.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Nov 08, 2022 8:07 pm

MW,

The News did not endorse Epstein, they endorsed Behm and Vartanian.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Nov 09, 2022 6:28 am

MW,

The News did not endorse Epstein, they endorsed Behm and Vartanian.
Indeed, Matt is correct:

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/opini ... 553588007/

I stand corrected and am relieved they did not endorse Epstein. I must've been on some sort of substance when I read the column the first time. Not sure how the hell I got the names mixed up. Sorry about that.

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Nov 09, 2022 6:32 am

For university, state education boards
University of Michigan: Mike Behm (D), Sevag Vartanian (R)

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/opini ... 616530007/

paul8539

Post by paul8539 » Mon Nov 21, 2022 12:09 am

The Republicans nominate a right-winger that they want; the Democrats nominate a left-winger who they want. Most of the electorate is in the middle, who does not either right-wingers or left-wingers. Either or both parties need to nominate someone who is moderate, or at least not a far winger.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Nov 22, 2022 7:34 am

So here is something I've been thinking about since the election. With redistricting, Michigan will be reliably a majority democrat voting State going forward. Look at Grand Rapids for example, the Republicans need Grand Rapids to win the state. So if Michigan has been in play in the national elections, does it, being a reliably Blue State, have a major impact on the presidential races which have been very closely?

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic