Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

2022 Election Results Thread

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Honeyman

Re: 2022 Election Results Thread

Post by Honeyman » Wed Nov 09, 2022 12:32 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 12:18 pm
With 69 percent of the Presidential vote counted in 2020, Biden had a 9 point lead. He wound up winning by a few tenths of a percent.

The Dem candidate for Senate currently has a 5 point lead with a similar percentage of votes counted. It would not surprise me to see the GOP candidate jump ahead before the final vote is counted.

The Dems can thank Biden's idiotic speech late last summer for losing Wisconsin, likely Nevada, and potentially Georgia and Arizona. That speech was the turning point in polling in those races.
Dems won't lose Arizona, and would probably be favored in a Georgia runoff. Lot of mail in ballots from Clark County apparently which could move Nevada blue too.

The censorship king from out of state.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:05 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 12:18 pm
With 69 percent of the Presidential vote counted in 2020, Biden had a 9 point lead. He wound up winning by a few tenths of a percent.

The Dem candidate for Senate currently has a 5 point lead with a similar percentage of votes counted. It would not surprise me to see the GOP candidate jump ahead before the final vote is counted.

The Dems can thank Biden's idiotic speech late last summer for losing Wisconsin, likely Nevada, and potentially Georgia and Arizona. That speech was the turning point in polling in those races.
That last part makes absolutely no sense given all of the other results. Caring about that is not isolated to those 4 races all for senate seats. That’s… well… idiotic. Barnes is too far left for Wisconsin and was hit hard on crime and I mean really really hard. Nevada was probably pandemic related. The Democrat there never had a solid lead. Kemp probably dragged Walker farther than he would have gotten in Georgia. Unless you are suggesting the Democrats would have H*** majorities in both houses absent that speech?

The polls were quite frankly way too bullish on the Republicans where it mattered. That tells me they had too many Republicans in their samples and that makes sense given they were Republican houses mainly doing the polling. Your independent pollsters largely sat out the election.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:22 pm

Look at the polls in the specific races I identified both before and after his speech.

I am suggesting the Dems would have 51 or even 52 seats in the Senate if not for the speech.

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:26 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:22 pm
Look at the polls in the specific races I identified both before and after his speech.

I am suggesting the Dems would have 51 or even 52 seats in the Senate if not for the speech.
That’s what I’m referencing. If there were more Republicans in the samples then of course the polls would turn. Republicans hated the speech. The other thing is the coming home effect after bruising primaries in each of those states. How many folks were pissed off and refusing to support the Trump folks until later? I just can’t see that speech affecting those four races in isolation. It would be really strange.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:34 pm

I think Biden came across as tone deaf relative to economic issues afflicting blue collar folks in that speech.

The state Senate race to watch is Hertel versus Hornberger. Very expensive race. About 92 percent of precincts have reported. Hertel, the Dem, has claimed victory already despite trailing ever so slightly. The uncounted precincts must be heavily blue. That would give the Dems a 20 to 18 majority.

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:42 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:34 pm
I think Biden came across as tone deaf relative to economic issues afflicting blue collar folks in that speech.

The state Senate race to watch is Hertel versus Hornberger. Very expensive race. About 92 percent of precincts have reported. Hertel, the Dem, has claimed victory already despite trailing ever so slightly. The uncounted precincts must be heavily blue. That would give the Dems a 20 to 18 majority.
Thus no tie breaker… 1 vote in the senate and two in the house… you can’t get a much thinner margin than that.

He may very well have but in other blue collar places with vulnerable Democrats they have overperformed his approval numbers sort of “defying gravity” if you will. So what reason does a blue collar person in Arizona go “threat to Democracy? Well fuck you too!” When somebody in Ohio were the Representative around Toledo, Marcy Kaptur was gerrymandered with the first tier of counties across to Indiana and she won anyways despite all the additional Republicans for example. One expects a clear pattern across the country. It didn’t happen. I liked the theory I saw last night on CNN… people looked at the individual candidates… all politics really was local.
Last edited by Rate This on Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:46 pm

That's fair. I think abortion was the equalizer in many instances.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:50 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:46 pm
That's fair. I think abortion was the equalizer in many instances.
I did hear anecdotes about lots of new voters when I went to the polling place with my girlfriend last night so she could vote. I voted early as I always do.

The big winner was Democracy and not in a Trump-Biden way but rather in a people getting involved and giving a damn one way or the other.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Wed Nov 09, 2022 2:30 pm

Maricopa same day election vote will be counted throughout the day. However, Kornacki was saying on Morning Joe that Kelly(D) has a larger lead than Biden did at this point in time.

Clark County NV has a lot of of mail in vote left along with Washoe County. Should be close.

The Dems are in a decent position in the Senate but going to lose the House.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Nov 09, 2022 2:50 pm

Georgia is going to a runoff.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Nov 09, 2022 4:50 pm

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Nov 09, 2022 5:05 pm

Hertel indeed has taken a roughly 300 vote lead in Senate district number 12 with roughly 99 percent of precincts now reported.

Districts 9, 12 and 30 have not yet been called by the AP. GOP candidates lead by razor thin margins in the other two races.

Even if the GOP were to sweep all three, it would be a 19-19 split with Dems controlling thanks to Gilchrist.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Nov 09, 2022 5:32 pm

Sarah Palin lost a House seat in Alaska... Wasn't she the Governor or something?
Last edited by TC Talks on Wed Nov 09, 2022 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Nov 09, 2022 5:33 pm

Whitmer beat Dixon by more than 22 points in Oakland County:

https://www.freep.com/elections/results ... =key-races

That is a truly stunning margin of victory.

Whitmer also won by 10 points in Kent County and by 5 points in Macomb County.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Nov 09, 2022 5:39 pm

Kent county has really gone blue, they voted for Democrats across the board. That is a stunning shift that gives Democrats a huuge advantage in the state

― Noam Chomsky

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic