Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 12 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Kari Lake's cruel quip about Paul Pelosi shows how she's refining Trumpism

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Taco

Kari Lake's cruel quip about Paul Pelosi shows how she's refining Trumpism

Post by Taco » Sat Nov 05, 2022 10:48 pm

A sick, sick woman! She even looks terrifying. Be worried...

https://www.msnbc.com/opinion/msnbc-opi ... d_ms_tw_ma

Woe to you, oh earth and sea
For the Devil sends the beast with wrath
Because he knows the time is short
Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast
For it is a human number
Its number is six hundred and sixty-six

Lester The Nightfly

Re: Kari Lake's cruel quip about Paul Pelosi shows how she's refining Trumpism

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Sun Nov 06, 2022 1:13 am

As someone who lives in Arizona half the year, I can vouch for that. My observation after seeing her actions for a number of years now is she has some serious and troubling psychological issues. No, I'm not trained professional but by the same token I don't need to be a veterinarian to know if I'm walking down the street and see a dog foaming at the mouth, that dog isn't well.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sun Nov 06, 2022 8:10 am

Speaking of people having serious and troubling psychological issues, I can't help but wonder how many serious and troubling psychological issues many on the left are going to have after the red tsunami hits in a few days. Based on the panic I'm seeing, I suspect it will be quite a few.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Nov 06, 2022 8:58 am

bmw wrote:
Sun Nov 06, 2022 8:10 am
Speaking of people having serious and troubling psychological issues, I can't help but wonder how many serious and troubling psychological issues many on the left are going to have after the red tsunami hits in a few days. Based on the panic I'm seeing, I suspect it will be quite a few.
Even if they sweep all of the senate seats by a combined 60,000 votes that’s not exactly a tsunami or a mandate. What I want from you right now is a promise not to go apeshit if the Republicans hold a lead on election night, perhaps a large one, the absentee ballots are counted once the polls close as the law requires most places and then those leads either become within a half percent or disappear entirely. A red mirage is entirely possible. This whole thing is actually up in the air… only a fool would be so confident as to guarantee a tsunami at this point.

There is no clear momentum and I believe Democrats are being undersampled by pollsters especially with early voting already eclipsing 2018 and the polls being overwhelmingly from houses that are Republican biased. I would be awfully worried about putting money out there on anything.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sun Nov 06, 2022 9:11 am

Rate This wrote:
Sun Nov 06, 2022 8:58 am
What I want from you right now is a promise not to go apeshit if the Republicans hold a lead on election night, perhaps a large one, the absentee ballots are counted once the polls close as the law requires most places and then those leads either become within a half percent or disappear entirely.
You must have missed my reaction to the 2020 election. I congratulated Biden on a fair victory, and while I did take issue with some of the late rule changes made in the name of protecting people against Covid, I never once complained that the results, Presidential or otherwise, were unfair.
I would be awfully worried about putting money out there on anything.
Then my $3,400 investment would scare the hell out of you. I stand to make close to a grand if I have a good night.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Nov 06, 2022 9:39 am

bmw wrote:
Sun Nov 06, 2022 9:11 am
Rate This wrote:
Sun Nov 06, 2022 8:58 am
What I want from you right now is a promise not to go apeshit if the Republicans hold a lead on election night, perhaps a large one, the absentee ballots are counted once the polls close as the law requires most places and then those leads either become within a half percent or disappear entirely.
You must have missed my reaction to the 2020 election. I congratulated Biden on a fair victory, and while I did take issue with some of the late rule changes made in the name of protecting people against Covid, I never once complained that the results, Presidential or otherwise, were unfair.
I would be awfully worried about putting money out there on anything.
Then my $3,400 investment would scare the hell out of you. I stand to make close to a grand if I have a good night.
This thing is so close and so unpredictable and so within the margin of error that I wouldn’t consider putting anything on any result… we simply don’t have enough clear trend lines… a 2% GOP lead in the generic is within the margin of error for example as are all of the senate races and many of the house races. If there’s a red tsunami and Michigan passes all 3 proposals and re-elects all three statewide officials we can declare it a blue state then.

Mark my words if any of the three Republicans have large leads on election night they WILL declare victory by 11pm and start yelling fraud at the top of their lungs when the absentee ballots come in Wednesday morning.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sun Nov 06, 2022 12:42 pm

Or, we could (and I can't stress this enough) not only stop BEING cold, callous dick bags to each other, but also (this part is really important) stop propping up people who push the cold, callous dick bag attitudes.

I mean, it's worth a shot, right?
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Sun Nov 06, 2022 12:49 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Sun Nov 06, 2022 12:42 pm
Or, we could (and I can't stress this enough) not only stop BEING cold, callous dick bags to each other, but also (this part is really important) stop propping up people who push the cold, callous dick bag attitudes.

That's boring and politics isn't about civics and how public service can support society, it's about being entertained and finding surrogate daddies to model asshole behavior.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sun Nov 06, 2022 12:52 pm

Neckbeard wrote:
Sun Nov 06, 2022 12:49 pm
Mega Hertz wrote:
Sun Nov 06, 2022 12:42 pm

That's boring and politics isn't about civics and how public service can support society, it's about being entertained and finding surrogate daddies to model asshole behavior.
We have a friend of ours deep into local (Brighton) politics. He is a great person, but I fear he won't get far because of what you listed. I have watched numerous debates and heard many podcasts with him, he never yells, gets angry, gets nasty, but it ALWAYS willing to discuss (rationally) the topic at hand with facts and figures, calmly and civil. Apparently we don't want that...
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

radioandtventhusiast

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Mon Nov 07, 2022 5:03 pm

Lester The Nightfly wrote:
Sun Nov 06, 2022 1:13 am
As someone who lives in Arizona half the year, I can vouch for that. My observation after seeing her actions for a number of years now is she has some serious and troubling psychological issues. No, I'm not trained professional but by the same token I don't need to be a veterinarian to know if I'm walking down the street and see a dog foaming at the mouth, that dog isn't well.
What part of Arizona are you in? If you're in Phoenix, she used to be the news anchor on the Fox station there.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Mon Nov 07, 2022 6:12 pm

radioandtventhusiast wrote:
Mon Nov 07, 2022 5:03 pm
Lester The Nightfly wrote:
Sun Nov 06, 2022 1:13 am
What part of Arizona are you in? If you're in Phoenix, she used to be the news anchor on the Fox station there.
Actually KSAZ is available virtually everywhere in the state due to retransmission via translators and CableCo's. For someone who loves to play up the fact that she was a TV anchor, the circumstances of her departure seem to be a verboten subject. What I do know for certain is she was put on something of a 'timeout' a few years ago after she made some on-air comments that have no place in a legitimate news broadcast, that she was not offered a renewal on her contract and that she was not well regarded by her fellow employees. In my mind, not exactly not what you want revealed if you're seeking a leadership position.

radioandtventhusiast

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Mon Nov 07, 2022 6:26 pm

KSAZ has distanced itself from Kari. They no longer mention she's a former anchor of the station. Who knows if it's related to the equal-time rule.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Mon Nov 07, 2022 6:29 pm

radioandtventhusiast wrote:
Mon Nov 07, 2022 6:26 pm
KSAZ has distanced itself from Kari. They no longer mention she's a former anchor of the station. Who knows if it's related to the equal-time rule.
IIRC, they were doing that well before her candidacy. Go figure.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic