Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Elon isn't fucking around

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Rate This

Re: Elon isn't fucking around

Post by Rate This » Sat Nov 05, 2022 8:31 am

audiophile wrote:
Sat Nov 05, 2022 8:18 am
MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Sat Nov 05, 2022 5:47 am
audiophile wrote:
Sat Nov 05, 2022 4:45 am
I quit Twitter when they blocked links to certian newspapers. I kept the picture of the block notice.

I've seen several quit facebook and switch to twitter in the last few days.
Good, maybe they can stop trolling COVID articles with anti vaxxer garbage.
It wasn't related to Covid.
It’s for some warped concept of free speech? The thing that’s ONLY between citizens and the government? The one that doesn’t apply ANYWHERE else?

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Nov 05, 2022 9:33 am

Twitter is now a truly private company as its new owner no longer has to answer to shareholders.

So my question is, why does anybody even care if Musk ends up running it into the ground? It's his company - he bought it, he can do whatever he wants with it. If you dislike Musk, shouldn't you be gleeful that he may lose tens of billions of dollars?

My suspicion as to the reason why so many are upset is because this change of ownership disrupts (potentially significantly) the balance of political power within the social media world. I think it is as simple as that.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Nov 05, 2022 9:51 am

bmw wrote:
Sat Nov 05, 2022 9:33 am
Twitter is now a truly private company as its new owner no longer has to answer to shareholders.

So my question is, why does anybody even care if Musk ends up running it into the ground? It's his company - he bought it, he can do whatever he wants with it. If you dislike Musk, shouldn't you be gleeful that he may lose tens of billions of dollars?

My suspicion as to the reason why so many are upset is because this change of ownership disrupts (potentially significantly) the balance of political power within the social media world. I think it is as simple as that.
The problem is that conservatives have an overwhelming advantage on Facebook, not even close. So the idea that social media is some sort of liberal bastion is grossly overstated.

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Sat Nov 05, 2022 9:56 am

bmw wrote:
Sat Nov 05, 2022 9:33 am

I agree 100%. I find all the celebs saying they’re totally quitting twitter silly. It’s just a social media platform. People take the internet way too serious and twitter has always been garbage. If Elon wants to sink it, fix it, do anything with it, it’s his toy.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Nov 05, 2022 9:57 am

Rate This wrote:
Sat Nov 05, 2022 9:51 am
The problem is that conservatives have an overwhelming advantage on Facebook, not even close. So the idea that social media is some sort of liberal bastion is grossly overstated.
Pew Research says you're wrong on both assertions. Liberals outnumber Conservatives on twitter nearly 2 to 1, and on Facebook, the difference still leans slightly to the left, but is statistically insignificant. Twitter, Reddit, WhatsApp, and Instagram are certainly all liberal bastions, with a combined 64% to 36% advantage - nearly 2:1 - to liberals.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sat Nov 05, 2022 10:40 am

TC Talks wrote:
Fri Nov 04, 2022 5:30 pm
From the runaway bestseller "How to Piss Away 44 Billion Dollars in 4 Weeks"...

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Nov 05, 2022 11:02 am

audiophile wrote:
Sat Nov 05, 2022 10:40 am
TC Talks wrote:
Fri Nov 04, 2022 5:30 pm
From the runaway bestseller "How to Piss Away 44 Billion Dollars in 4 Weeks"...
Sounds good. I hope you and your friends are able to figure out proposition 3. I know it's really confusing but I have faith...

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Nov 05, 2022 11:10 am

I'd love to see him lose his ass, but I'd feel bad for some of the employees caught up in that mess if such an outcome were to materialize.

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Nov 05, 2022 5:46 pm

bmw wrote:
Sat Nov 05, 2022 9:57 am
Rate This wrote:
Pew Research says you're wrong on both assertions. Liberals outnumber Conservatives on twitter nearly 2 to 1, and on Facebook, the difference still leans slightly to the left, but is statistically insignificant. Twitter, Reddit, WhatsApp, and Instagram are certainly all liberal bastions, with a combined 64% to 36% advantage - nearly 2:1 - to liberals.

Literally nobody is stopping more conservatives from getting on… you need to leave conspiracy bullshit at the door however. Why that became so hard for so many people is a damned mystery.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Nov 05, 2022 5:56 pm

Rate This wrote:
Sat Nov 05, 2022 5:46 pm
bmw wrote:
Rate This wrote:

Literally nobody is stopping more conservatives from getting on… you need to leave conspiracy bullshit at the door however. Why that became so hard for so many people is a damned mystery.
Conservatives are booted from Twitter for QUESTIONING liberal Orthodox, Captain Gas Light.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sat Nov 05, 2022 6:02 pm

audiophile wrote:
Sat Nov 05, 2022 8:18 am
MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Sat Nov 05, 2022 5:47 am
audiophile wrote:
Sat Nov 05, 2022 4:45 am
I quit Twitter when they blocked links to certian newspapers. I kept the picture of the block notice.

I've seen several quit facebook and switch to twitter in the last few days.
Good, maybe they can stop trolling COVID articles with anti vaxxer garbage.
It wasn't related to Covid.
Yes, but Ruski bots and Trump cock suckers troll every health article. Maybe they can go play on Twitter and leave me the fuck alone.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Nov 05, 2022 6:54 pm

Matt wrote:
Sat Nov 05, 2022 5:56 pm
Rate This wrote:
Sat Nov 05, 2022 5:46 pm
bmw wrote:
Rate This wrote:

Conservatives are booted from Twitter for QUESTIONING liberal Orthodox, Captain Gas Light.
I would go look up what gas lighting is again. I did not do that.

radioandtventhusiast

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Mon Nov 07, 2022 4:53 pm

He announced yesterday that he was going to permanently ban users who impersonate others. Kathy Griffin, a Mad Man actor, and others who impersonated Musk are now banned permanently. I'm not sure if he'll apply the rules fairly to everyone. Musk says that Kathy can return if she pays $8. Seems like he doesn't like being criticized and is banning those who use his name as a joke. So much for the free speech platform he promised, and he said that he would never permanently ban users under his watch.

Circle Seven

Post by Circle Seven » Mon Nov 07, 2022 5:27 pm

A couple of thoughts:

Musk owns Twitter. Zuckerberg owns Facebook. Others own the other social media sites mentioned earlier. Those who say they can allow and reject anyone they want for any reason they want are absolutely correct.

The reason some may lean conservative and some may lean liberal depends on how much of a life the users have. Twitter requires constant attention to keep up with what's going on. Hence your life revolves around keeping their nose in their handheld device.

Facebook users tends more than Twitter users to be checking their timeline when they're not doing something else more constructive. Yes there are people using instant "Twitter style" messaging on Facebook, but the percentage of users isn't nearly as much.

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Nov 07, 2022 9:50 pm

Circle Seven wrote:
Mon Nov 07, 2022 5:27 pm
Facebook users tends more than Twitter users to be checking their timeline when they're not doing something else more constructive. Yes there are people using instant "Twitter style" messaging on Facebook, but the percentage of users isn't nearly as much.
This is factually incorrect. Facebook is an obsession for most users.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic