Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 12 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Trudeau orders an immediate freeze on the sale of handguns in Canada

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Taco

Trudeau orders an immediate freeze on the sale of handguns in Canada

Post by Taco » Sat Oct 22, 2022 10:56 am

https://www.npr.org/2022/10/21/11306088 ... les-freeze

Kudos to Prime Minister Trudeau. Made a tough decision and I feel the right decision on hand guns. Gun violence is out of control. I will note people who should not have guns will find a way to get them, but that is another topic for another time. What is the USA doing? Absolutely nothing. How many more children die needlessly in school shootings? How about the random acts of gun violence on the street? There is such a thing as responsible gun ownership. But not everyone is responsible unfortunately.

Woe to you, oh earth and sea
For the Devil sends the beast with wrath
Because he knows the time is short
Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast
For it is a human number
Its number is six hundred and sixty-six

Turkeytop

Re: Trudeau orders an immediate freeze on the sale of handguns in Canada

Post by Turkeytop » Sat Oct 22, 2022 11:03 am

Trudeau is just another Liberal. After all is said and done, more is said than done
I don't mean to brag, but I just put a puzzle together in 1 day and the box said 2-4 years.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sat Oct 22, 2022 11:38 am

Taco wrote:
Sat Oct 22, 2022 10:56 am

Kudos to Prime Minister Trudeau. Made a tough decision. I will note people who should not have guns will find a way to get them, but that is another topic for another time. There is such a thing as responsible gun ownership. But not everyone is responsible unfortunately.
So you are all in favor of disarming the responsible people to put them at the mercy of the element that shouldn't have guns but get them, as you say, anyway?
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Deleted User 15846

Post by Deleted User 15846 » Sat Oct 22, 2022 12:25 pm

I dream of the day the 2nd amendment is repealed in "Merca"

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sat Oct 22, 2022 1:14 pm

Mr. Peabody wrote:
Sat Oct 22, 2022 12:25 pm
I dream of the day the 2nd amendment is repealed in "Merca"
I dream of the day that people caught and convicted of possessing a firearm illegally go to prison for five years automatically.
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sat Oct 22, 2022 2:35 pm

Taco wrote:

Kudos to Prime Minister Trudeau. Made a tough decision and I feel the right decision on hand guns. Gun violence is out of control. I will note people who should not have guns will find a way to get them, but that is another topic for another time. What is the USA doing? Absolutely nothing. How many more children die needlessly in school shootings? How about the random acts of gun violence on the street? There is such a thing as responsible gun ownership. But not everyone is responsible unfortunately.
He is a great PM. I like how he stood up to the mouth breathing Q Anon loving truckers.
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Oct 22, 2022 3:29 pm

He's like the kid who got picked on in high school but then get a job as a police officer and thoroughly enjoys exerting power over others.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Oct 22, 2022 6:43 pm

Bryce wrote:
Sat Oct 22, 2022 11:38 am
Taco wrote:

Kudos to Prime Minister Trudeau. Made a tough decision. I will note people who should not have guns will find a way to get them, but that is another topic for another time. There is such a thing as responsible gun ownership. But not everyone is responsible unfortunately.
So you are all in favor of disarming the responsible people to put them at the mercy of the element that shouldn't have guns but get them, as you say, anyway?
I don’t think that comparison translates perfectly between the two countries.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sat Oct 22, 2022 10:05 pm

Rate This wrote:
Sat Oct 22, 2022 6:43 pm
Bryce wrote:
Taco wrote:

Well here's something that I'm relatively certain of the meaning. (Being said in my ber best Al Pacino immigration) Fuck You! Just, Fuck You.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Oct 22, 2022 10:25 pm

Bryce wrote:
Taco wrote:

This no longer happens Bryce. Mass murders get guns due to the NRA's lax position on proper vetting. Kids steal parents guns. Those armed rarely "respond" to crisis, even police officers. Suicide risk increases in homes with guns. I can keep going.

Actually, you are the only person here who believes this nonsense.
“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

matt1

Post by matt1 » Sun Oct 23, 2022 5:00 am

Pacino said "GREAT ASS!!" in one of his movies back then!!

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Oct 23, 2022 7:05 am

Bryce wrote:
Sat Oct 22, 2022 10:05 pm
Rate This wrote:
Bryce wrote:
Taco wrote:

Well here's something that I'm relatively certain of the meaning. (Being said in my ber best Al Pacino immigration) Fuck You! Just, Fuck You.
His point defeated and channeling his inner Italian, he throws his hands up in the air and storms off mumbling under his breath.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sun Oct 23, 2022 8:10 am

Rate This wrote:
Sun Oct 23, 2022 7:05 am
Bryce wrote:
Rate This wrote:
Bryce wrote:
Taco wrote:

His point defeated and channeling his inner Italian, he throws his hands up in the air and storms off mumbling under his breath.
Feb. 2: A restaurant owner in Akron, Ohio, scared off a masked man who attempted to rob him with a knife. The man fled, and police believe he successfully robbed a different restaurant just hours later.
Feb. 5: A Nashville, Tennessee, woman was attacked from behind by a would-be purse thief, who proceeded to repeatedly slam the woman’s head into a wall when she resisted him. The woman’s husband heard her cries for help and came to her defense, firing his gun at the thief and causing him to flee.

Feb. 9: When three armed men attempted to rob a Little Caesars restaurant in North Fort Myers, Florida, a patron inside pulled his own firearm to defend other customers. One suspect was shot and the other two fled.

Feb. 12: A homeowner in Jackson County, Georgia, heard someone trying to break into her house through a window. She found a man standing outside and warned him not to come into the house. Nevertheless, the man broke the glass window, so the armed homeowner shot him.

Feb. 13: Sullivan County, Tennessee, Sheriff Jeff Cassidy praised the actions of a concealed carry permit holder who ended a deadly domestic violence incident at a dentist’s office. The armed citizen shot and detained an active shooter who killed his wife and may have planned to harm others in the office.

Feb. 14: An Evans, Georgia, mother shot and killed her boyfriend after he began violently assaulting the woman’s 15-year-old son during an argument.

Feb. 16: Two masked assailants attempted to rob 35-year-old Antonio Santiago in Allentown, Pennsylvania, pepper spraying his face and “pistol whipping” him with a BB gun that appeared to be real. In an act of self-defense, Santiago grabbed his own handgun and fired at his attackers, killing one of them. Two other suspects fled, but were eventually arrested and tied to two other recent crimes in the area.

Feb. 17: An armed good Samaritan in Daytona Beach, Florida, intervened and fired a shot to stop a knife-wielding man, who had already stabbed someone, from stabbing other people outside a convenience store.

Feb. 20: A 79-year-old Commerce, Georgia, homeowner called 911 to report a burglary in progress after she heard someone breaking into her home. The burglar ignored her threats and came in through an upstairs window before police could arrive. The homeowner shot at the burglar, who was so scared that he hid in a closet until the police arrived.

Feb. 24: Three armed men ambushed a Houston, Texas, couple who were walking out of their apartment complex, forcing them back inside to rob them. The boyfriend retrieved his own firearm from within the apartment and exchanged fire with the three men, injuring one of them.

Feb. 26: The Mobile County, Alabama, Sheriff’s Office posted a Facebook video showing an armed local homeowner’s recent encounter with two would-be burglars. The burglars attempted to enter the occupied home in broad daylight, and were only deterred when the homeowner fired her handgun at them.

Feb. 27: A group of teenage thieves entered a pawn shop in Murfreesboro, Tennessee, and tried to flee with two guns they grabbed from behind the counter. Armed store clerks chased the teens and held them at gunpoint until the police could arrive, preventing the future unlawful use of those stolen firearms. Police believe these teens are responsible for other gun thefts and may be able to take other illegally possessed guns off the streets as a result of these clerks’ actions.

Feb. 28: Two men helped rescue a woman from a would-be kidnapper in Natchitoches Parish, Louisiana, after seeing her struggle to escape on the side of the road. After the two men stopped their car, one of them pulled out his handgun, prompting the suspect to flee. He was later apprehended and confessed to kidnapping the woman.
It took just 15 seconds for an armed civilian to neutralize a man who opened fire in a mall food court in Indiana on Sunday, authorities said. Three victims were killed and two more were wounded in the attack.

The Tuesday statement was issued to correct a timeline of the shooting that authorities provided on Monday. Previously, police said two minutes had passed before 22-year-old Elisjsha Dicken stopped the shooter, who police identified as 20-year-old Jonathan Sapirman.

"The time lapse between the moment that Jonathan Sapirman exited the restroom and began shooting, and when he was shot by the civilian (Elisjsha Dicken) was only fifteen seconds, not two minutes," Greenwood Police Chief James Ison said in a statement. "The surveillance video shows Sapirman exit the restroom at 5:56:48pm. He was neutralized by Dicken at 5:57:03 pm."
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/indiana-ma ... 5-seconds/

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Oct 23, 2022 8:31 am

Bryce wrote:
Sun Oct 23, 2022 8:10 am
Rate This wrote:
Sun Oct 23, 2022 7:05 am
Bryce wrote:
Rate This wrote:
Bryce wrote:
Taco wrote:

Feb. 2: A restaurant owner in Akron, Ohio, scared off a masked man who attempted to rob him with a knife. The man fled, and police believe he successfully robbed a different restaurant just hours later.
Feb. 5: A Nashville, Tennessee, woman was attacked from behind by a would-be purse thief, who proceeded to repeatedly slam the woman’s head into a wall when she resisted him. The woman’s husband heard her cries for help and came to her defense, firing his gun at the thief and causing him to flee.

Feb. 9: When three armed men attempted to rob a Little Caesars restaurant in North Fort Myers, Florida, a patron inside pulled his own firearm to defend other customers. One suspect was shot and the other two fled.

Feb. 12: A homeowner in Jackson County, Georgia, heard someone trying to break into her house through a window. She found a man standing outside and warned him not to come into the house. Nevertheless, the man broke the glass window, so the armed homeowner shot him.

Feb. 13: Sullivan County, Tennessee, Sheriff Jeff Cassidy praised the actions of a concealed carry permit holder who ended a deadly domestic violence incident at a dentist’s office. The armed citizen shot and detained an active shooter who killed his wife and may have planned to harm others in the office.

Feb. 14: An Evans, Georgia, mother shot and killed her boyfriend after he began violently assaulting the woman’s 15-year-old son during an argument.

Feb. 16: Two masked assailants attempted to rob 35-year-old Antonio Santiago in Allentown, Pennsylvania, pepper spraying his face and “pistol whipping” him with a BB gun that appeared to be real. In an act of self-defense, Santiago grabbed his own handgun and fired at his attackers, killing one of them. Two other suspects fled, but were eventually arrested and tied to two other recent crimes in the area.

Feb. 17: An armed good Samaritan in Daytona Beach, Florida, intervened and fired a shot to stop a knife-wielding man, who had already stabbed someone, from stabbing other people outside a convenience store.

Feb. 20: A 79-year-old Commerce, Georgia, homeowner called 911 to report a burglary in progress after she heard someone breaking into her home. The burglar ignored her threats and came in through an upstairs window before police could arrive. The homeowner shot at the burglar, who was so scared that he hid in a closet until the police arrived.

Feb. 24: Three armed men ambushed a Houston, Texas, couple who were walking out of their apartment complex, forcing them back inside to rob them. The boyfriend retrieved his own firearm from within the apartment and exchanged fire with the three men, injuring one of them.

Feb. 26: The Mobile County, Alabama, Sheriff’s Office posted a Facebook video showing an armed local homeowner’s recent encounter with two would-be burglars. The burglars attempted to enter the occupied home in broad daylight, and were only deterred when the homeowner fired her handgun at them.

Feb. 27: A group of teenage thieves entered a pawn shop in Murfreesboro, Tennessee, and tried to flee with two guns they grabbed from behind the counter. Armed store clerks chased the teens and held them at gunpoint until the police could arrive, preventing the future unlawful use of those stolen firearms. Police believe these teens are responsible for other gun thefts and may be able to take other illegally possessed guns off the streets as a result of these clerks’ actions.

Feb. 28: Two men helped rescue a woman from a would-be kidnapper in Natchitoches Parish, Louisiana, after seeing her struggle to escape on the side of the road. After the two men stopped their car, one of them pulled out his handgun, prompting the suspect to flee. He was later apprehended and confessed to kidnapping the woman.
It took just 15 seconds for an armed civilian to neutralize a man who opened fire in a mall food court in Indiana on Sunday, authorities said. Three victims were killed and two more were wounded in the attack.

The Tuesday statement was issued to correct a timeline of the shooting that authorities provided on Monday. Previously, police said two minutes had passed before 22-year-old Elisjsha Dicken stopped the shooter, who police identified as 20-year-old Jonathan Sapirman.

"The time lapse between the moment that Jonathan Sapirman exited the restroom and began shooting, and when he was shot by the civilian (Elisjsha Dicken) was only fifteen seconds, not two minutes," Greenwood Police Chief James Ison said in a statement. "The surveillance video shows Sapirman exit the restroom at 5:56:48pm. He was neutralized by Dicken at 5:57:03 pm."
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/indiana-ma ... 5-seconds/
Wrong country. I’m saying things are different in Canada and these sorts of things aren’t a dime a dozen. Gun crimes are a fraction of what they are here.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Sun Oct 23, 2022 10:09 am

TC Talks wrote:
Sat Oct 22, 2022 10:25 pm
..... Those armed rarely "respond" to crisis, even police officers. ....
It's certainly getting rarer, and will continue to get rarer as more folks realize that trying to help someone else out comes with H*** risks including folks 'monday-morning quarterbacking' and pushing for convictions for such folks. Why put yourself at ANY risk unless it's YOUR life that's being threatened? That includes cops, who are more and more "looking the other way" rather than taking on that risk, and it puts us ALL in more danger.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic